Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kanter Says He's The Best In Draft, Would've Led UK To NCAA Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Turkish center hasn't participated in an actual game since last year's Nike Hoop Summit and has been fairly reserved since being ruled ineligible by the NCAA in January, even throughout the whole draft process. That somewhat changed Wednesday afternoon, though.

On the eve of the draft, Kanter broke loose and expressed his belief to reporters that he is the best player in this year's field and should be the first overall selection.

“I believe if I go play, I will go as No. 1 pick,” Kanter said. When asked why, he replied with, “Because I believe I’m the best player in this draft.”

UK head coach John Calipari says he can't disagree with his once-prized recruit.

"If he plays this past season, he's far and away the No. 1 pick," Calipari said in an interview with Kentucky Sports Radio Wednesday morning.

Kanter says being the unanimous first selection wouldn't be the only thing different had he suited up.

“We would’ve won (the) national title."

Oh, what could have been.
http://www.bluegrasssportsreport.com/app...ncaa-title
I agree.I think Kanter is the best player in this draft.

I'd rank them

Kanter
Williams
Irving

But they wont be drafted that way.
Love Kanter. But what would everybody's reaction be if LeBron James said something of this nature? Boasting himself and whatnot.
^^^ What would people be saying if Lebron said something like this???

Enes is already starting off BAD!!! Sounds like something Cousins would have said..
What is wrong with that he said? He isnt lying, UK would have #8 if he played and he is the best in the draft. IMO. I would want somone on my team with that kind of confidence.
This is one thing I do not like about the draft process. Players have to make statements like this.

I do not think Enes Kanter is THAT full of himself, but during this time, you will hear a LOT of those statements.
LClion4life Wrote:Love Kanter. But what would everybody's reaction be if LeBron James said something of this nature? Boasting himself and whatnot.

Lebron shouldnt be mentioned in every thread lol. Love him or hate him, id like to stop hearing about him for awhile lol.

As for Kanter, i have no idea? Never seen him play. He could be right. We could have used another player in the tournament.
He's right. And very cocky. lol
There is a fine line between confident and cocky. Enes is right, he's the best play in the draft, and would've led UK to #8. That's confident, not cocky. He also never said that he spoils people with his play :lmao:
I love Kanter - and I agree 100%... Cavs would be crazy not to take him at #1.
Ballers Wrote:I love Kanter - and I agree 100%... Cavs would be crazy not to take him at #1.

I think Kanter is going to be a good player, I think Williams is the best.. But I don't like the way Kanter said it.
He used to play in a professional league, he has that experience.. He's played against team USA and dropped 30+ on em.. The big guy can play.
What's wrong with being confident?? Would you rather him say, "I'm not good, I shouldn't be taken #1?? If I were a NBA team drafting a player, I want confidence and a lot of it. Ya'll look into this stuff too much. :Thumbs:
I thought that it was pretty awesome that Enes dedicated his first season with the Jazz to all of the UK fans as he didn't get to play when he was at UK!!
Ballers Wrote:He used to play in a professional league, he has that experience.. He's played against team USA and dropped 30+ on em.. The big guy can play.

:Thumbs:
I agree with him, and love that he said what he said. I have no doubts that UK would have won trophy number 8 (although this past season proved to me that Cal is a better coach than I gave him credit for), but I also believe that Kanter will be a clear cut ROY and one of the best players in the league soon. Very soon. Go get 'em, big fella!