Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sources: Cavs to take Kyrie Irving With Number 1 Pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
according to sources the Cleveland Cavaliers are ready to take Duke Guard Kyrie Irving with the Number 1 Overall Pick in Thursday's Draft
Enes Kanter will work out in front of Cleveland Cavaliers officials on Monday, including owner Dan Gilbert.

Kanter’s manager said the Cavs are inviting his client back for another visit because they are considering him for the No. 1 pick. Whether that’s wishful thinking on Kanter’s part – the Cavs also hold the No. 4 pick – remains to be seen.

“It wouldn’t be necessary for Enes to go again if he isn’t being considered for the top pick,” said Kanter’s manager, Max Ergul. “Their word to me is good enough for him to return. They said they didn’t make a promise to anyone for No. 1.”

Cavs coach Byron Scott told Yahoo! Sports last week that the team is debating whether to use the No. 1 pick on Duke point guard Kyrie Irving or Arizona forward Derrick Williams. The Cavs also could decide to trade their picks, which would affect where Kanter is selected.

http://www.nationofblue.com/could-kanter-1-7975/

I do think Irving will go #1, but they should take Kanter or Williams IMO.
^ according to reports there committed at taking Kyrie at Number 1

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2011/06/report...aking.html
^^

No Doubt. Irving will be #1.
You build teams about PG's and Irving is the best in this draft. It's the right choice
^Yeah around PGs that have star potential like Rose, Wall, or CP3. IMO Irvings game won't translate well to the NBA.
I would build my team around a C. Cavs go with Kanter with the #1. He wont be a bust, I'd bet anything on it.
^agree.
Aslan Wrote:^Yeah around PGs that have star potential like Rose, Wall, or CP3. IMO Irvings game won't translate well to the NBA.

He may not be a Derek Rose or Chris Paul. I'll give you that but he'll translate to a nice NBA. IMO...You be eating crow on that statement.
I agree Irving is the right choice on this one as well. Although Im more of a fan of the big-man, but the big-man in todays game isnt emphasized the way a guard is. The NBA is about guards now. Great big men are rare.
MVP2 Wrote:He may not be a Derek Rose or Chris Paul. I'll give you that but he'll translate to a nice NBA. IMO...You be eating crow on that statement.

Well that wouldn't be a first, but well see.