Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How good will the defending 14th region champs be next season and who will be their new coach since Coach Adams resigned due to health reasons.
any word on who they are trying to get to replace him?
I am sure that one of the coaches they will pursue is April Charles at Jenkins. It will be hard for her to leave kids that she has coached over the past several years although her talent base there may be depleting somewhat as time goes on. She is also about to have a baby so that will have a big influence of her future coaching plans.
is she the only name you've heard?
Strikeout King Wrote:is she the only name you've heard?

Yes, as of right now. I am sure other names will pop up in the future. Especially if she doesn't show any interest.
Don't know if she would take it or not. She is Cavalier through and through. You never know since they are building a new softball field.
I know that LCC has tried, on several occasions to get Coach Charles from the Jenkins team, but you are correct she is a Cavalier at heart. She has turned LCC down because of the kids and the parents and fans at Jenkins. i don't believe her talent is lacking because she is the kind of coach that teaches her girls the right way and she makes good players. She is a great coach and Jenkins is lucky to have her.
I respect the fact that you may be right about Coach Charles wanting to stay with her team and being dedicated to her players but I question you about LCC trying to get her from Jenkins in the past as this is the first time the job has been open since the inception of the school.
She was offered an assistant position when the school first opened and was approached last season about taking the position "if" it came open.
I believe the Region will be like it was this past year, which it could go to Letcher, Powell, Jenkins or Estill. Perry Central or Breathitt can surprise some teams and possibly make a run at the region crown
Who knows! You never can tell. Whoever get the job will have a ton of talent coming back. The 8th grader that was MVP will be solid for years to come.
If Coach Charles was interested and wanted the position I think Letcher Central would be crazy if they did not hire her. She is very good and works very hard and she knows the game. Shoot I wished she lived in my area so my daughter could play for her.
I know they want to take there time, but I really think when dead period ends they need to go a head and go through the process. The assistants can handle the conditioning until they get a replacement, but I think there needs to be a coach in place.
what's the latest on Letcher and the Coaching Search?
Talk to coach Collier two days ago and she is on the committee. When the hired the volleyball coach and the cheerleading coach, they never was told of any new info. She said she would tell me when they made a decision.
^ Keep us updated CP, your doing a very good job so far as well as UKisN1
Thanks. I think they will have it done before school starts. Don't know when they are having another meeting. Will ask when I see her.
what's the latest on the Coaching Search?
Don't know! They may wait till school starts before they fill the position. Next board meeting is the last week of July.
One of the rumors circulating is that Jay Perkins will be named the new coach. He is currently the assistant coach at this time. He is also an assistant football coach and a state trooper.
^ What are all the rumors saying?
Orange knows more about what is going on up there this year than I do. Seems like it is almost a done deal.
what happened to Coach Charles from Jenkins?
I think it would be hard for her to leave girls that she has coached for several years added to the fact that she has established one of the better programs in the 14th region and it is at her alma mater. Anything I hear is only rumors so there is nothing set in stone. Coach Perkins has been an assistant for the last two years and he has good rapport with the girls.
I believe that's who they should choose. Someone who knows the girls and the girls know him.
read on another site that people in Letcher are saying it's a almost a lock for Coach Charles to come to Letcher Central, now whether or not that's true I don't know. Just from what I had read
It is my understanding that she did not apply
OrangenowBlue Wrote:It is my understanding that she did not apply

that site also stated that she was offered but rejected but that same person said that she will be LCC's Coach come next season. now whether or not that's true I don't know from what I had seen.
You never can tell. With those people up there on the hill it is hard to see how long they will wait.
Strikeout King Wrote:read on another site that people in Letcher are saying it's a almost a lock for Coach Charles to come to Letcher Central, now whether or not that's true I don't know. Just from what I had read

I saw the same threads on topix, I wouldn't put much merit into anything on that site.
Pages: 1 2