Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hatfield & Mcoy Senior Bowl 2011 July 30th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
just found out they were going to have it if anyone finds out more let me know
I know David Jones is helping out...Not sure which side. I apologize, I would have more info, but then again, I deplore this event.
Great news this is what I've been waiting for, this is the Granddaddy of all All-Star games in the entire nation! David Jones is a West Virginia native & resident but he is a Belfry Alum & will be working The Kentucky sidelines & hopefully finally helping us finally to victory! Go Big Blue!!
I think Coach Lamb is involved.
They'll still lose. We need to ditch it and pick a fight with Virginia.
That means you can count Jeffree Pruitt in. Wonder who else will play from Belfry since David is helping.
David Jones is the coach for the ky team.
Real Badman Wrote:They'll still lose. We need to ditch it and pick a fight with Virginia.

Or let Belfry host in cam the fued was fought on both sides of the river
From what I hear JK Hall, Cody Parker, Tanner Bratton, Cameron Tackett, Jeff Pruitt, Morgan Bentley, Micah Mahon, Nathan Carroll, & Channing Smith (SC) are going to play since David Jones is coaching.
Belfry0304 Wrote:From what I hear JK Hall, Cody Parker, Tanner Bratton, Cameron Tackett, Jeff Pruitt, Morgan Bentley, Micah Mahon, Nathan Carroll, & Channing Smith (SC) are going to play since David Jones is coaching.

thast a team that can finally win for the KY side i hope they all come out..
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:Or let Belfry host in cam the fued was fought on both sides of the river

That wouldn't change anything. Any other opinion is irrelevant.
I believe this is KY's year to win.
Ky. will win this yr!
Good luck Kentucky.
Belfry0304 Wrote:That means you can count Jeffree Pruitt in. Wonder who else will play from Belfry since David is helping.

Which state will he play for hehe...

Agree with RB, I also detest this event.
jetpilot Wrote:Which state will he play for hehe...

Agree with RB, I also detest this event.

If we're going by that logic, Dustin Ray & Justin Hatfield can play on the KY side Tongue ...

I also heard Casey Lester (2-year started ruled ineligible this year) will play. Some good players... will hopefully add more.
^^^Until this game is moved to Belfry (or Pikeville) I will not attend ever again.
Would like to see KY win, but the deck is always stacked against them.
JetPilot, this is the final time that the game will be played in Matewan. Next year it will be played at the new Mingo Central football field.
joethegreek Wrote:JetPilot, this is the final time that the game will be played in Matewan. Next year it will be played at the new Mingo Central football field.

joe,like thats going to make a diffrence,lol,are they getting tuff joe?
Artificial surface with a seating capacity of 6,000. The field should be ready by there first game in August.
Belfry0304 Wrote:From what I hear JK Hall, Cody Parker, Tanner Bratton, Cameron Tackett, Jeff Pruitt, Morgan Bentley, Micah Mahon, Nathan Carroll, & Channing Smith (SC) are going to play since David Jones is coaching.

Why would that have anything to do with these guys playing? What has Jones done as a coach that would make these kids wanna play? Is it because he plays for the arena team in Pikeville? Is it because he played at UK? Personally, I think the KY team would be much better if they would assemble an "all-star" coaching staff. For example: Head coach - Jim Matney, Secondary coach - Joe Chirico, Defensive Coord - James Derossett or JC's, Off Coord - Jim Tom Allen, etc... Or better yet, get Dudley Hilton and his staff at PC to coach the KY squad. I played in this game in 2003 (the last time KY won), we had a good coaching staff, that's where it all begins.
I wouldnt call that crew all-star coaching staff. Thats just Pburg's staff with Matney at HC. I think John Derossett is as good as any HC around. But why mention their staff. Come on!

Lets get a state champion, bring in Heywood.
tebow Wrote:I wouldnt call that crew all-star coaching staff. Thats just Pburg's staff with Matney at HC. I think John Derossett is as good as any HC around. But why mention their staff. Come on!

Lets get a state champion, bring in Heywood.

That was just an example. If Heywood was coach, all of the BEST players would come out and play. Even when I played in it, there were quite a few players that didn't play who were the original choices, so other players had to be invited just to fill the roster. Just a few off the top of my head who were invited but decided not to play: Jonah Caudill, Andrew Burchett, Josh Jones, Jarrod Frasure, Matt Setser, and John Hunt. Anybody that is familiar with any of these players knows how good they were. Bring in coaches like Heywood, Matney, Chirico etc. and all the BEST players will come out and play and bring a W back to Kentucky.
Redneck Wrote:Why would that have anything to do with these guys playing? What has Jones done as a coach that would make these kids wanna play? Is it because he plays for the arena team in Pikeville? Is it because he played at UK? Personally, I think the KY team would be much better if they would assemble an "all-star" coaching staff. For example: Head coach - Jim Matney, Secondary coach - Joe Chirico, Defensive Coord - James Derossett or JC's, Off Coord - Jim Tom Allen, etc... Or better yet, get Dudley Hilton and his staff at PC to coach the KY squad. I played in this game in 2003 (the last time KY won), we had a good coaching staff, that's where it all begins.

Because all those kids are attending UPike, where David is on the coaching staff as the DB Coach ...
when they get hurt, I bet david will feel good. This is something the previous staff had enough sense not to buy into.
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:just found out they were going to have it if anyone finds out more let me know

THIS GAME HAS BECAME A JOKE AND IS A DISGRACE TO WHAT USED TO BE THE KIWANIS BOWL,IF MATEWAN WANTS A FUND RAISER WASH CARS OR 4 WHEELERS @ THE TRAIL HEAD.:Clap:
This should be Ky's year!
The KY Roster: Shane Eric Hamilton, Cameron Tackett, Jeffree Pruitt, Micah Mahon, Morgan Bentley, Nathan Carroll, Preston Young, John Dudley Hilton, Bryan Casey, Patrick Casey, Cayleb Wilcox, DJ Ousley, JK Hall, David Mayhorn, Channing Smith, Cody Parker, Derrek Hiatt, Aaron Young, Doug Sanders, Anthony George.

-Via David Jones.

Personal Opinion:

John Dudley Hilton.....Bell County isn't supposed to be involved in this?
Let's get ready to rruummbbllee!
Real Badman Wrote:They'll still lose. We need to ditch it and pick a fight with Virginia.

Might be too late. FCA started a SW VA vs. upper-east TN all-star game last year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4