Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middle School County Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know when the county tournament starts or who the pair ups are?
Starts Sat at Johns Creek. Top 5 teams - Belfry and Virige on one side, Elkhorn City, Pikeville, and Dorton on the other.
I'll take a Dorton/Pikeville VS. Virgie Championship with Virgie winning it all
I'd say you're right alfus21..
even though I'd love to see Dorton win it all this year.
Elkhorn is pretty good guys, so I don't know. I'm sure they are all glad they got away from Virgie....
All first round games will be played on the 11th(Sat) with the 2nd round being played on the 13th and 14th. The semis are on the 15th and the finals on the 16th. Haven't seen the matchups yet. I know the 4 byes went to Virgie, Belfry, Elkhorn, and Dorton.
I see Virgie and Pikeville in the finals, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorton in there as well.
Does anyone have any idea what the schedule for the games are now?
I'm going to guess they are now Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and championship game on Saturday.
"The Dork" Wrote:I'm going to guess they are now Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and championship game on Saturday.

Correct! Everything has been moved back two days. Championship on Saturday.
I've heard? Tuesdays games are canceled...tourney will now begin Wednesday :confused:
IM going with Alfus' prediction..but Virgie vs. Dorton with Virgie winning.
Is there any teams that can match up with Virgie?
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:Is there any teams that can match up with Virgie?

Not to my knowlegde.
I know that Elkhorn has a good team and I heard Virgie beat them by like 30.
Virgie has a good shot at winning the middle school state championship again!
Sounds like the county will be a piece of cake for them. How many will this make in a row if they win?
How many middle schools are in Pike County?
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:Sounds like the county will be a piece of cake for them. How many will this make in a row if they win?

Just 5 I think, because Pikeville won it in 2000 with Kesley Friend I think...But they've won like 8 of the last 9 I'm pretty sure, 97,98,99,01,02,03,04,05
I know they won it my 7th and 8th grade year. They wasnt even the best team my 8th but still found a way to win it.
any updates on wins/loses? how did/is belfry do/doing?
Has it even started yet?
"alfus21" Wrote:Just 5 I think, because Pikeville won it in 2000 with Kesley Friend I think...But they've won like 8 of the last 9 I'm pretty sure, 97,98,99,01,02,03,04,05

I think Virgie has won it 6 or 7 of the last 9 times. 2000 is the only year I am not sure about.

Dorton beat Virgie in the finals in 97 with Shannon Akers, Jeremy Akers, and Nathan Mullins. Virgie had Terry Wright and Brandon Stevens. Virgie had defeated Dorton 4 times that year. The game was played at Belfry.

In 98 Virgie won it with Jonathan Tackett, Chris Prater, and Josh Goad beating Dorton in the finals with Jeremy Akers. This game was played at Phelps.

In 99 Virgie was led by Brandon Meade and Josh Bentley beating Dorton in the finals again with Paul Fleming and Phillip Akers. This game was played at Virgie.

In 00 I am not sure who won. I thought it was Turkey Creek or Johns Creek. Don't know where the game was played at either.

In 01 Pikeville upset Virgie in the finals led by Kelsey Friend and Jesse Parrish. Virgie had Seth Kiser, Patrick Tackett, Travis Robinson, and Jordan Kiser. Not sure where the game was played.

In 02 Virgie beat Turkey Creek in the finals. The game was played at Johns Creek. Virgie had Mitchell Riddle, Gary Thomas, Cade Riddle, Mikey Bartley, and John Johnson.

In 03 Virgie defeated Dorton in the finals on an underneath lob to Daniel Harmon at the buzzer in a tie game. This game was played at Virgie and was probably the best game of all the Dorton/Virgie finals. Virgie was led by John Johnson, Jeremy Jackson, Daniel Harmon, and Colby Newsome. Dorton had Kyle Goodson, Donovan Bentley, Justin Smith, Toby Wright, Jacob Bryant, Jonah Justice, and Lucas Simpkins.

In 04 Dorton was the favorite for the first time having beat Virgie 3 out of 4 times that year. Dorton was led by Jacob Bryant and Logan Bryant. Virgie was led by Daniel Harmon and Gage Phillips. This game was played at Elkhorn.

In 05 Virgie defeated Dorton in the finals at Belfry. Virgie was led by Daniel Harmon, Ashley Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, Tyler Newsome, and J.P. Newsome. Dorton had Logan Bryant, Elisha Justice, Matt Adkins, Curby Tackett, Nathan Mullins, and Anthony Damron.

Virgie and Dorton have met in the finals 6 out of the last 9 years with Virgie winning 5 of those 6.
In 2000 turkey creek beat johns creek in the finals at millard with paul and doug howard.
Well who is the biggest underdawg in this county championship?
Any results on tonight's games??
"Dream_Weaver" Wrote:Any results on tonight's games??

Yes Please! Does anyone no anything??? :beg: LOL
Johns Creek beat Feds Creek And Millard won out of their game not sure who they played now i think virgie plays millard wedesday and i no dorton plays pikeville thursday
Belfry should be playing Johns Creek tomorrow then...lets go BMS :Cheerlead
Good Luck to the players and the coaches....
Pages: 1 2