Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Crusaders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After receiving a facebook friend request, I'm just reallyyyyyyyyyyy curious; Is this stuff legit, or just a bunch of people feather-plucked too play some sort of "football."
I watched a game where a brawl broke out and the police came flying up to Bob Amos to break it up. Some guy was wearing khaki shorts on the O-Line and there was jawing after every play. It was a fight waiting to happen. The worst idea ever.
What is this?
I just saw pictures from one of their games. I saw three kids on the team who graduated from Belfry, and none of them played football in high school.
Never heard of em. Where do they play at??
Anyone want to fill the rest of us in on this?
^I'm with you buddy.
All I know is they play on the Elkhorn Field. Which hasn't been used since 2001.
From what I can find they are apart of the Alliance Football League and play in the Appalachian Division with the Letcher County Wolves, Tri-State Wildcats and the Knoxville Knights. But that is about all I can find. APPALACHIAN
CardinalAlum Wrote:From what I can find they are apart of the Alliance Football League and play in the Appalachian Division with the Letcher County Wolves, Tri-State Wildcats and the Knoxville Knights. But that is about all I can find. APPALACHIAN

They are supposedly a semi-pro football team based out of Pike County. They had an open try out where I believe anyone from the area could try out as long as they were older than 18. I believe they are still having a season and anyone can join still. Not sure though. Sounds to me like a bunch of guys gathering players from the area and going to play some backyard football against a bunch of guys gathered from other regions close by.
they was one belfry boy that played justin gooslin