Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: hats off to 98.9 WSIP country radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
98.9 WSIP covered the Paintsville Lady Tigers in Richmond this past week and did an excellent job:rock: . 10 x better than the coverage that 94.7 does. We Paintsville fans thank you and the sponsors that allowed it to happen. Does anybody know why 94.7 didnt cover it, they are suppose to be the Tiger coverage. Its a sad day when Johnson Centrals radio coverage has to step up and cover the Paintsville Tigers. It was such good play by play coverage maybe the Tigers could get 98.9 WSIP to cover then fulltime, send 94.7 packing. Thanks again to 98.9 WSIP for supporting the Tiger Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confusedalute:
Maybe John Doug couldn't get off work. I'm sure he would have been there if he could.
I'd like to Thank WSIP for their coverage! I know of a business who wanted to sponsor the girls games on the radio, but ended up paying for a team meal, when all the sponsorship spots had been taken! Excellant community sponsorship and participation!
I think I've already thanked them, but just in case, THANK YOU WSIP!!!
I heard that the spots were taken in a great big hurry. WKLW's Brian Auxier was asked the question as to why they weren't carrying it and he said they couldn't sell the spots. Huh? What?? Maybe no one even attemted to sell a spot. I know of 4-5 business of player's relatives that would fill the spots in a hurry. A few of them probably couldn't get a spot because there are a few businesses that will fill them.

Thank you WSIP for your support. One parent asked Spike if he would do all the girl's game and they were told they could only do it when JCHS wasn't playing.
"rockhouse" Wrote:Maybe John Doug couldn't get off work. I'm sure he would have been there if he could.
Brian Auxier could have done the play by play.
Somebody gonna cry TITLE IX?
"jchsrulz" Wrote:Somebody gonna cry TITLE IX?

LOL....is there a limit to how many times we are allowed to play that trump card??
"The Guru" Wrote:LOL....is there a limit to how many times we are allowed to play that trump card??
No, because we have 10 birds and 40 ones in our Rook deck.
WSIP always does a good job broadcasting the games.
"wildman_06" Wrote:WSIP always does a good job broadcasting the games.

Well they dropped the ball on broadcasting the Tiger Girls in Richmond. You stated they always did a good job, that makes me think you attend the games, instead of listening to them. :lol:
"jchsrulz" Wrote:Somebody gonna cry TITLE IX?

Well, why would you suggest such a thing?:big grin: I mean "paintsville is always right on top of keeping things fair and equal":CE_DP_Ste I am sure it will just be added to the list of things to be discussed @ the next BOE meeting.
I will say WSIP does a great job broadcasting all of the sporting events. Besides covering Football, most boys and some of the girls games they also cover some baseball games and last year they broadcasted a wrestling tourment.
They usually broadcast the Johnson County Elem. basketball finals also.

Thanks to Danny, Randy and Spike for a job well done.
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:Well, why would you suggest such a thing?:big grin: I mean "paintsville is always right on top of keeping things fair and equal":CE_DP_Ste I am sure it will just be added to the list of things to be discussed @ the next BOE meeting.

Hilarious!!:BigLaugh: