Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bart Williams-Pikeville-Great Job!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who would have ever thought this. Pikeville has a chance to be the #1 seed in the district if they can beat Shelby Valley this week. Granted, the district may be a little weaker than the past 5-6 years, but still, Coach Williams has done a heck of a job so far. Looks like they finally have the right man for the job. NO ONE would have ever predicted that they would beat E. Ridge 2 times and had a shot at #1. Even if they lose, looking at the mess they've had at PIkeville Basketball over the last 5-6 years, then this is a great story.

Good luck Panthers!!!!!!!!!
Bart your the MAN... GO PANTHERS
Well, can you imagion. Pikeville has a very good chance at going to region. All I feel like they have to do is play one more game like they did against ER and Phelps. Work on your shot selection, play your D. Lets get the student section out in full force Tuesday night. Get behind the panthers and get in the wildcats head. You all can show "The Blue Crew" who the best student section is if you just show up and do what you do.
Biggest basketball game in Pantherland in some time. I say let's pack the house and send the boys back to Dorton or Beefhide or Long Fork or Robinson Creek or wherever they are from with a BIG L!!!!!!
WOW!!! This is great! If this happens, doesn't this gaurantee Pikeville a spot in the region? All Panther fans MUST pack the stands and support your team and BArt! Bring the Panther tradition back guys!:Cheerlead
GREATTTTTTTT job coach williams.
coach williams is doing a great job with his kids right now and have a very good shot of taking the 1 seed in the district, good luck panthers
I think Coach Williams is doing a nice job with what he has to work with.
wlel pikeville every year has the best talent in the region but they have never had anyone to show them how to use it, i stioll think we have the best talent in the region and now that we jhave bart he can help them use their talent. the big 6'7 kid is goin to be a all-stater one day u wait and see.
Now let's not get carried away...
Win or lose tonight Bart Williams has done a GREAT job in his first year as a head coach. I've said it many times and I will say it again...Bart Williams is the man for this job and with all the athletic talent that Pikeville High produces they are going to be a major player in the 15th region for years to come if he gets them out for the basketball team and I really believe that he will. Great job Bart!!
This coaching change has been the best thing to happen to the Panther Basketball nation in years...
I disagree Bart has not done a great job at all, the 59th district is a joke and if Piarst had just won one more game, they would have 7 wins on the season, which would be as many wins as Pikeville has. Pikeville's horrible no defense, no ball movement and they cant shoot. Chip Davis could be the best shot blocking big man in the region if he got to play more. Bart ran off 3 great athletes in Weston Robinson (FB star) super quick, could be a great PG, and has great instincts. SV transfer Mike Bartley (BB star) super quick on defense and with the ball, shoots great and leaps well. Justin Trimble (CC star) sprints well and has great awareness, can anticipate passes well and he'll run for miles. Everyone knows these 3 athletes would have made a significant difference in Pikeville's team this year. Good luck Bart, your going to need it because if your lucky you might make it to the first round of region. But that's your maximum limit.
I can remember the days at JCHS when Bart played and later when he played for Pikeville College. I loved to watch his games. He not only has an abundance of knowledge about the game, but he also comes from good basketball genes. His dad was a good coach too. Pikeville made a solid choice in naming him head coach. I think we'll see great things from Coach Williams. Good luck in the rest of the season Panther players.
congrats on doing such a great job at pikeville...you are drawing in better players everyday
"Cartman" Wrote:congrats on doing such a great job at pikeville...you are drawing in better players everyday

Can't blame kids for wanting to play for Bart Williams and Todd May.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:I disagree Bart has not done a great job at all, the 59th district is a joke and if Piarst had just won one more game, they would have 7 wins on the season, which would be as many wins as Pikeville has. Pikeville's horrible no defense, no ball movement and they cant shoot. Chip Davis could be the best shot blocking big man in the region if he got to play more. Bart ran off 3 great athletes in Weston Robinson (FB star) super quick, could be a great PG, and has great instincts. SV transfer Mike Bartley (BB star) super quick on defense and with the ball, shoots great and leaps well. Justin Trimble (CC star) sprints well and has great awareness, can anticipate passes well and he'll run for miles. Everyone knows these 3 athletes would have made a significant difference in Pikeville's team this year. Good luck Bart, your going to need it because if your lucky you might make it to the first round of region. But that's your maximum limit.

I was under the impression Chip got a lot of playing time this season untill his ankle injury. I agree he is a great guy. I don't believe Bart ran off anyone. AS for the three guys you mentioned, well at least one had more problems than can be taken care of on a basketball court.
Bart has done a great job this year. He will do even better in the future. He has some pretty good youngsters coming up from middle school in the next couple of years.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:I disagree Bart has not done a great job at all, the 59th district is a joke and if Piarst had just won one more game, they would have 7 wins on the season,
Who has Piarst beat besides David?
"NoWeakness" Wrote:which would be as many wins as Pikeville has. Pikeville's horrible no defense, no ball movement and they cant shoot. Chip Davis could be the best shot blocking big man in the region if he got to play more.
What is Coach Williams supposed to do, play people right after they sprained a ankle real bad and not worry about their future, just the moment? Chip was playing alot before his injury.
"NoWeakness" Wrote: Bart ran off 3 great athletes in Weston Robinson (FB star) super quick, could be a great PG, and has great instincts. SV transfer Mike Bartley
Just shows how much you know about what is going on....
"NoWeakness" Wrote:(BB star) super quick on defense and with the ball, shoots great and leaps well. Justin Trimble (CC star) sprints well and has great awareness, can anticipate passes well and he'll run for miles. Everyone knows these 3 athletes would have made a significant difference in Pikeville's team this year. Good luck Bart, your going to need it because if your lucky you might make it to the first round of region. But that's your maximum limit.
How can he have a limit on his advancement into the regional tourneys when he has never coached there before? This post holds no water at all, and anyone can read threw someone who just didnt have what it takes to make the cut.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:I disagree Bart has not done a great job at all, the 59th district is a joke and if Piarst had just won one more game, they would have 7 wins on the season, which would be as many wins as Pikeville has. Pikeville's horrible no defense, no ball movement and they cant shoot. Chip Davis could be the best shot blocking big man in the region if he got to play more. Bart ran off 3 great athletes in Weston Robinson (FB star) super quick, could be a great PG, and has great instincts. SV transfer Mike Bartley (BB star) super quick on defense and with the ball, shoots great and leaps well. Justin Trimble (CC star) sprints well and has great awareness, can anticipate passes well and he'll run for miles. Everyone knows these 3 athletes would have made a significant difference in Pikeville's team this year. Good luck Bart, your going to need it because if your lucky you might make it to the first round of region. But that's your maximum limit.
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes.
BTW...Chip Davis is not playing right now because of a badly sprained ankle.
Way to be informed.
good post basketballonlyfan....
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Who has Piarst beat besides David?

What is Coach Williams supposed to do, play people right after they sprained a ankle real bad and not worry about their future, just the moment? Chip was playing alot before his injury.
Just shows how much you know about what is going on....
How can he have a limit on his advancement into the regional tourneys when he has never coached there before? This post holds no water at all, and anyone can read threw someone who just didnt have what it takes to make the cut.

Your hillarious, Piarist has 6 wins on the season, one shy of how many wins Pikeville has and your saying Bart has done a great when the 59th and 15th Region is weaker than ever. And oh yea for the big Adams kid, you shouldn't have went to Pikeville. Yea Bart is such a great coach that he hired an assissant coach that robbed everyone on the ball team. And then wouldn't believe anyone that told him about this and that current person is now in the local JAIL nice choice there Bart. And which athlete are you talking about that has more problems. You know what your an idiot, I gurantee that players on the current B Ball team has done the same things as those 3 athletes if not worse. The thing is, is when someone gets in trouble then people know for sure and they start sterotyping. These are highschool kids not criminals haha. Robinson, Trimble and Bartley are better right now than anyone on Pikeville's team by far besides maybe Chip and they would have took Pikeville deep into the Region believe it or not. Pikevillle has 7 wins on the season and people are bragging about it?????? Just 2 more wins and you equal last years total.
Piarist beat Riverside Christian, not too long ago, you must be letting that WheelWright water get in your eyes "TALL MAN".
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Your hillarious, Piarist has 6 wins on the season, one shy of how many wins Pikeville has and your saying Bart has done a great when the 59th and 15th Region is weaker than ever.[/QUOTE}
Piarist has 5 wins over David, one over Riverside Christian, who has won 3 games, 2 against Ky School of the Deaf, and one over David. What a powerhouse Riverside Christian is.

[QUOTE="NoWeakness"] And oh yea for the big Adams kid, you shouldn't have went to Pikeville.
Where should he have went then that he could have learned more about playing ball as a 6'9" freshman than under Todd May?
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Yea Bart is such a great coach that he hired an assissant coach that robbed everyone on the ball team.
you said the magic word, HIRED as in past tense?
And then wouldn't believe anyone that told him about this and that current person is now in the local JAIL nice choice there Bart. And which athlete are you talking about that has more problems.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:You know what your an idiot,
I guess you learned that in kindergarden. Good comeback

"NoWeakness" Wrote: I gurantee that players on the current B Ball team has done the same things as those 3 athletes if not worse.

If you can not prove it, why try to start rumors? If you KNOW for sure, how do we know you are not doing the same things?
"NoWeakness" Wrote:The thing is, is when someone gets in trouble then people know for sure and they start sterotyping.
If you have any idea what sterotyping means, then you realize that YOU are the one sterotyping. Just because one does, doesnt mean everyone does. That is what a sterotype is Einstien.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:These are highschool kids not criminals haha.
Are you saying you can not be in high school and be a criminal both?
"NoWeakness" Wrote: Robinson, Trimble and Bartley are better right now than anyone on Pikeville's team by far
How many games have they won this year? I would bet they have NOT won as many games as Pikeville or Coach Williams has to date.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Pikevillle has 7 wins on the season and people are bragging about it?????? Just 2 more wins and you equal last years total.
Yea, and that wont be a bad season considering all the people who either QUIT, or just plain out either got kicked off the team because of their attitude or kicked out of school all together. Fans are coming to games, the program IS being turned around. That is all that matters.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Your hillarious, Piarist has 6 wins on the season, one shy of how many wins Pikeville has and your saying Bart has done a great when the 59th and 15th Region is weaker than ever.
Piarist has 5 wins over David, one over Riverside Christian, who has won 3 games, 2 against Ky School of the Deaf, and one over David. What a powerhouse Riverside Christian is.

"NoWeakness" Wrote:And oh yea for the big Adams kid, you shouldn't have went to Pikeville.
Where should he have went then that he could have learned more about playing ball as a 6'9" freshman than under Todd May?
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Yea Bart is such a great coach that he hired an assissant coach that robbed everyone on the ball team.
you said the magic word, HIRED as in past tense?
And then wouldn't believe anyone that told him about this and that current person is now in the local JAIL nice choice there Bart. And which athlete are you talking about that has more problems.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:You know what your an idiot,
I guess you learned that in kindergarden. Good comeback

"NoWeakness" Wrote: I gurantee that players on the current B Ball team has done the same things as those 3 athletes if not worse.

If you can not prove it, why try to start rumors? If you KNOW for sure, how do we know you are not doing the same things?
"NoWeakness" Wrote:The thing is, is when someone gets in trouble then people know for sure and they start sterotyping.
If you have any idea what sterotyping means, then you realize that YOU are the one sterotyping. Just because one does, doesnt mean everyone does. That is what a sterotype is Einstien.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:These are highschool kids not criminals haha.
Are you saying you can not be in high school and be a criminal both?
"NoWeakness" Wrote: Robinson, Trimble and Bartley are better right now than anyone on Pikeville's team by far
How many games have they won this year? I would bet they have NOT won as many games as Pikeville or Coach Williams has to date.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Pikevillle has 7 wins on the season and people are bragging about it?????? Just 2 more wins and you equal last years total.
Yea, and that wont be a bad season considering all the people who either QUIT, or just plain out either got kicked off the team because of their attitude or kicked out of school all together. Fans are coming to games, the program IS being turned around. That is all that matters.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Piarist beat Riverside Christian, not too long ago, you must be letting that WheelWright water get in your eyes "TALL MAN".
Thank you for your time short boy
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Your hillarious, Piarist has 6 wins on the season, one shy of how many wins Pikeville has and your saying Bart has done a great when the 59th and 15th Region is weaker than ever. And oh yea for the big Adams kid, you shouldn't have went to Pikeville. Yea Bart is such a great coach that he hired an assissant coach that robbed everyone on the ball team. And then wouldn't believe anyone that told him about this and that current person is now in the local JAIL nice choice there Bart. And which athlete are you talking about that has more problems. You know what your an idiot, I gurantee that players on the current B Ball team has done the same things as those 3 athletes if not worse. The thing is, is when someone gets in trouble then people know for sure and they start sterotyping. These are highschool kids not criminals haha. Robinson, Trimble and Bartley are better right now than anyone on Pikeville's team by far besides maybe Chip and they would have took Pikeville deep into the Region believe it or not. Pikevillle has 7 wins on the season and people are bragging about it?????? Just 2 more wins and you equal last years total.

I can see by your posts that you are either one of those three or good friends with them. I think Bart has done a great job in his first year. I know as a first year coach that wins are very important but also you must get the respect of the kids. If he would have allowed the troubled kids to continue to get away with what they were doing, he would have allowed them to destroy this team even though he might have gotten more wins. I admire him for that and sticking by what is right instead of wanting wins. Don't fault the coach because certain kids have no discipline or want to follow rules. That is what is wrong with this generation of athletes. They think they can do anything they want without any consequences for their action. :rules: Congratulations Coach Williams and keep up the good work. I know everyone at JC is rooting for you. :Thumbs:
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Thank you for your time short boy

Short boy, no actually im 6'3 if you consider that short. You can praise Williams all you want but if think 7 wins is turning around your program, then I guess your jumping for joy. I'm pretty sure Trimble has cross country awards and Robinson has his football regional title and baseball regional title, and Bartley has 2 regional titles and other basketball awards. So i'm sure it's killing them that their not part of the panthers this season. These players have already accomplished alot for their highschool careers. So don't being knocking these great athletes. Think what you want but personally these young men would have won more games for the panthers this season. And no im not personally friends with these boys but I do know them. I just know talent when I see it and i'm just saying these 3 boys are really talented.

And last but not least you stated you could play these boys and win more games but they would be bad for the team. If you win more games then how in anyway is that a bad thing?????
Bart hired him, which is past tense. I give you credit there, does that mean your admitting that he made a bad decision in hiring this guy? So you can hire a coach that steals and that's in jail, but if Bart thinks another player is any kind of problem then he can just kick him off the team??????????
"NoWeakness" Wrote:Short boy, no actually im 6'3 if you consider that short. You can praise Williams all you want but if think 7 wins is turning around your program, then I guess your jumping for joy. I'm pretty sure Trimble has cross country awards and Robinson has his football regional title and baseball regional title, and Bartley has 2 regional titles and other basketball awards. So i'm sure it's killing them that their not part of the panthers this season. These players have already accomplished alot for their highschool careers. So don't being knocking these great athletes. Think what you want but personally these young men would have won more games for the panthers this season. And no im not personally friends with these boys but I do know them. I just know talent when I see it and i'm just saying these 3 boys are really talented.

And last but not least you stated you could play these boys and win more games but they would be bad for the team. If you win more games then how in anyway is that a bad thing?????

Yes, 6'3" is short..... at least in my book.

You say those three boys are great athletes, you are most likely right. But, that doesnt change the question I asked you earlier, not last year, or two years ago. This school year, how many games has those three players won? I bet they have not won their first basketball game this year have they?

The part about winning games being a bad thing? Winning isnt a bad thing. But, on the other hand, there are more importiant things that you learn on and off the court. Winning a game now makes you feel good. Learning right and wrong, having a great attitude instead of a bad one. Realizing that someone else that has the first name coach is in charge of a team. Having respect for your team mates and your coaches. Those are just a few of things that can make a TEAM better. You dont have to win every district or regional title you play in to be a winner in life. That is how it is a good thing instead of a bad thing.
Pages: 1 2