Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lebron and Wade Mock Dirks Sickness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_do...nba-wp4730

Lebron and Wade mock Dirks sickness before game 5.
Very strong character work here, Dwyane Wade(notes) and LeBron James(notes). Your hilarious pre-Game 5 send-up of an ailing Dirk Nowitzki(notes) definitely shows that you've spent some time getting the mannerisms and mindset of a sick 7-foot German down pat. Check out Bill Hader and Taran Killam over here.

I especially like how the Miami Heat stars let their team apparel handle the "very hot with a 102-degree fever" aspect of their impersonations. As was discussed earlier this year on an episode of the comedy podcast Jordan, Jesse, Go!, when you've got a perfect comedy outfit — like Martin Lawrence's Big Momma suit, for example, or T-shirts and hats with the word "Heat" and a picture of fire on them — a smart performer doesn't gild the lily by trying to add actual jokes. Just let the suit do the work, trust that your audience is sophisticated enough to make the connection, and the let the brain-smiles roll. It's basically the Rebus puzzle of laughing.

It's also good that Wade and James got some yukles (yuks + chuckles) in before Game 5, since there wasn't a whole lot for them to laugh about afterward. You've got to take your opportunities where you find them. In the words of the poet, "Work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt and laugh like you're making fun of a sick person who's dinging you up for 27-and-9 a night."
If I knew how to post the video I would have. Either way, this is just another prick move by Lebron I can add to my list of reasons not to like him.
Lebron is a little bitch and hes starting to bring D Wade down with him.
Can't wait to see Dirk drop about 40 and end this series
K_Mac Wrote:If I knew how to post the video I would have. Either way, this is just another prick move by Lebron I can add to my list of reasons not to like him.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/25569141
I wonder if they will mock how he holds up the Finals MVP and Championship trophy on Sunday
Mocking the guy that's scoring at will on ya? Not smart, lol.
Wow, right when I start liking Lebron again. He's does something like this!!! Don't mock a guy who's dominating you all.
This makes me Dislike Wade, And hate lebron even more. Its Childish. Especially after Lebron practically had a TV Show for his Injured ELbow last year.
These 2 are whining little brats themselves...they have no right to mock someone who is sick. It would serve them right if both of them got the worst sickness of their life before game 6. I hate both of those babies.
K_Mac Wrote:If I knew how to post the video I would have. Either way, this is just another prick move by Lebron I can add to my list of reasons not to like him.

Why is this all on Lebron???? It was Lebron and Wade!!!!!
ekff Wrote:Why is this all on Lebron???? It was Lebron and Wade!!!!!

I don't get it either. If the Heat win, it's Wade that stepped up and won it for them and if they lose, everyone says Lebron quit and he is this or that. Game 4 really was Lebron's fault IMO, but Game 5 he had a triple double and still gets blasted. Wade is obvious the better scorer than Lebron but he never gets blasted for anything. Dirk missed the game winner in game 3 and not a word was said about it. Get over it haters, win or lose, Lebron is the best (ALL AROUND) player EVER. I also think it's funny when someone that hates Lebron thinks its absurd when someone has the opposite opinion of theirs. Like anything they believe is fact and that's that. Keep the hate coming, because it keeps the laughs coming for me. It shows how much you truly know about the game. :biggrin:
Wildcats11 Wrote:I don't get it either. If the Heat win, it's Wade that stepped up and won it for them and if they lose, everyone says Lebron quit and he is this or that. Game 4 really was Lebron's fault IMO, but Game 5 he had a triple double and still gets blasted. Wade is obvious the better scorer than Lebron but he never gets blasted for anything. Dirk missed the game winner in game 3 and not a word was said about it. Get over it haters, win or lose, Lebron is the best (ALL AROUND) player EVER. I also think it's funny when someone that hates Lebron thinks its absurd when someone has the opposite opinion of theirs. Like anything they believe is fact and that's that. Keep the hate coming, because it keeps the laughs coming for me. It shows how much you truly know about the game. :biggrin:

cough...cough...Magic Johnson
zaga_fan Wrote:cough...cough...Magic Johnson

Magic was a beast no doubt. If that's your opinion, it's sure a nice one. But in my opinion, Lebron is a better scorer than Magic, Magic himself has said Lebron is a better passer, could be a toss up on rebounder, and Lebron is one of the most underated Defensive players I've saw. Magic is very arguable tho.
Wildcats11 Wrote:I don't get it either. If the Heat win, it's Wade that stepped up and won it for them and if they lose, everyone says Lebron quit and he is this or that. Game 4 really was Lebron's fault IMO, but Game 5 he had a triple double and still gets blasted. Wade is obvious the better scorer than Lebron but he never gets blasted for anything. Dirk missed the game winner in game 3 and not a word was said about it. Get over it haters, win or lose, Lebron is the best (ALL AROUND) player EVER. I also think it's funny when someone that hates Lebron thinks its absurd when someone has the opposite opinion of theirs. Like anything they believe is fact and that's that. Keep the hate coming, because it keeps the laughs coming for me. It shows how much you truly know about the game. :biggrin:

I don't care if he had 30 rebounds and 50 assists....
If Lebron James goes 1-4 in the 4th quarter and doesn't make it to the FT line he is hurting his team.
Everyone can go on and on and on about it until the end of time and you can let the laughs keep coming and talk about how much we don't know about the game....
but Spoelstra could have benched Lebron in the 4th quarter in game 5 and maybe got more out of someone else.
He did next to nothing on the offensive end and on the defensive end he let the 6'2" 180 lb Jason Terry put a few nails in his coffin.
The guy has been nowhere to be found in EVERY big game of his life and you say he's the best all-around player ever?!?!
Keep the hate coming, because it keeps the laughs coming for me. It shows how much you truly know about the game.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't care if he had 30 rebounds and 50 assists....
If Lebron James goes 1-4 in the 4th quarter and doesn't make it to the FT line he is hurting his team.
Everyone can go on and on and on about it until the end of time and you can let the laughs keep coming and talk about how much we don't know about the game....
but Spoelstra could have benched Lebron in the 4th quarter in game 5 and maybe got more out of someone else.
He did next to nothing on the offensive end and on the defensive end he let the 6'2" 180 lb Jason Terry put a few nails in his coffin.
The guy has been nowhere to be found in EVERY big game of his life and you say he's the best all-around player ever?!?!
Keep the hate coming, because it keeps the laughs coming for me. It shows how much you truly know about the game.

Yes!! Thanks for making my day!! :lmao:

Lebron fans like yourself also refuse to acknowledge any of his flaws. Him having 11 total fourth quarter points in the entire NBA Finals is inexcusable for a player of his caliber. Kidd and Barea have exactly as many! Lebron has been compared to all time greats but is just performing as well as those guys in the clutch.
I'm not a Lebron fan by any means but I'll give credit where it is due; the guy is one of the most talented players ever and could end up being a top 5-10 player ever. But(JMO) declaring him the greatest player ever is a huge reach. Sure Lebron is a great overall player and has excellent stats but their two important area's he has failed at: Leading a team to the championship and consistently performing well in the clutch. Yeah, I know he's had his great moments, but he's also had just as many chokes too. Can Lebron go off these last two games, lead Miami to a championship, steal the MVP from Wade, altogether redeeming himself, and all his failures forgotten? Sure, he's more than capable of it. Will he? I doubt it. He don't have that killer instinct like Wade.
Also if you're just going to look at the stats alone, Oscar Robertson is probably the greatest all around player ever. He averaged 25.7ppg, 7.5rpg, 9.5apg. His first five years in the league he averaged a triple double. Also remember this was before the 3 point line was introduced into the game, so his ppg average would've definitely been higher.
The guy has 2 Mvps, No Championships, And your declaring him the best Basketball Player ever? We need to get you on Comedy Central.
Wildcats11 Wrote:Magic was a beast no doubt. If that's your opinion, it's sure a nice one. But in my opinion, Lebron is a better scorer than Magic, Magic himself has said Lebron is a better passer, could be a toss up on rebounder, and Lebron is one of the most underated Defensive players I've saw. Magic is very arguable tho.

Magic also said that Kobe is the greatest Laker ever. Kobe is my favorite player but I really don't know about that one.
Lebron really is a great defender but IDK what's happened to him these past two games. Terry has been blowing by him and scoring at a decent rate, particularly in the fourth quarter. Lebron honestly looks tired, he's logged a ton of minutes this year.
Aslan Wrote:Lebron fans like yourself also refuse to acknowledge any of his flaws. Him having 11 total fourth quarter points in the entire NBA Finals is inexcusable for a player of his caliber. Kidd and Barea have exactly as many! Lebron has been compared to all time greats but is just performing as well as those guys in the clutch.
I'm not a Lebron fan by any means but I'll give credit where it is due; the guy is one of the most talented players ever and could end up being a top 5-10 player ever. But(JMO) declaring him the greatest player ever is a huge reach. Sure Lebron is a great overall player and has excellent stats but their two important area's he has failed at: Leading a team to the championship and consistently performing well in the clutch. Yeah, I know he's had his great moments, but he's also had just as many chokes too. Can Lebron go off these last two games, lead Miami to a championship, steal the MVP from Wade, altogether redeeming himself, and all his failures forgotten? Sure, he's more than capable of it. Will he? I doubt it. He don't have that killer instinct like Wade.
Also if you're just going to look at the stats alone, Oscar Robertson is probably the greatest all around player ever. He averaged 25.7ppg, 7.5rpg, 9.5apg. His first five years in the league he averaged a triple double. Also remember this was before the 3 point line was introduced into the game, so his ppg average would've definitely been higher.

Some good and bad points you made here. But being the best ALL AROUND player does NOT mean he is clutch or that he is a leader. It means his all around game is better than anyone to ever play. People like to say MJ is the best of all time because of his titles and MVP's and all that. Bill Russell, 11 Championships in ONLY 13 seasons, 12 regular season MVP's, and 5 finals MVP's. Hard to argue against that if you want to go on Championships to declare a player the best ever. :Thumbs:
Wildcats11 Wrote:Some good and bad points you made here. But being the best ALL AROUND player does NOT mean he is clutch or that he is a leader. It means his all around game is better than anyone to ever play. People like to say MJ is the best of all time because of his titles and MVP's and all that. Bill Russell, 11 Championships in ONLY 13 seasons, 12 regular season MVP's, and 5 finals MVP's. Hard to argue against that if you want to go on Championships to declare a player the best ever. :Thumbs:

There is no right or wrong opinion and this discussion is all opinions.
I never once said that deciding how great a player is depends on how many championships they have. It's a combination of stats, post season success, defining moments, awards, legacy, and your impact on the game of basketball.
But how well you perform in the clutch and how you lead your team is a HUGE part of basketball. Great players careers are defined by if they come through when it matters most. Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone are all great players but them just having one ring would have put them from great in their time, to all time greats. When ESPN shows their highlights, a lot of the time it's their failures or them coming up short. I mean if championships didn't matter then why would Lebron have went to Miami? That was the only reason. If MJ wouldn't have won 6 champions(6 Finals MVP's too) he wouldn't be considered the greatest player ever. Bottom line, Championships is what these guys want above all and when you're looking back on a players career, it's the first thing people look at, and a lot of the time how that player is defined.
Not meaning to hate on Lebron at all. He's has GREAT stats, but he has to win a few titles before I'd(once again JMO) put him up their with the all time greats.
Aslan Wrote:There is no right or wrong opinion and this discussion is all opinions.
I never once said that deciding how great a player is depends on how many championships they have. It's a combination of stats, post season success, defining moments, awards, legacy, and your impact on the game of basketball.
But how well you perform in the clutch and how you lead your team is a HUGE part of basketball. Great players careers are defined by if they come through when it matters most. Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone are all great players but them just having one ring would have put them from great in their time, to all time greats. When ESPN shows their highlights, a lot of the time it's their failures or them coming up short. I mean if championships didn't matter then why would Lebron have went to Miami? That was the only reason. If MJ wouldn't have won 6 champions(6 Finals MVP's too) he wouldn't be considered the greatest player ever. Bottom line, Championships is what these guys want above all and when you're looking back on a players career, it's the first thing people look at, and a lot of the time how that player is defined.
Not meaning to hate on Lebron at all. He's has GREAT stats, but he has to win a few titles before I'd(once again JMO) put him up their with the all time greats.

Good to see that you understand that all this is just people's opinions. Some, well most fans think if you disagree with them it's a sin. In reality there isn't a greatest player of all time because it's opinion statement. IMO, Lebron is!! :Thumbs:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The guy has 2 Mvps, No Championships, And your declaring him the best Basketball Player ever? We need to get you on Comedy Central.

Someone wants attention!! :thatsfunn
Wildcats11 Wrote:Someone wants attention!! :thatsfunn

OK?

We need to get you in a Nut House,

With Ballers, Crazyhorse and Stardust.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:OK?

We need to get you in a Nut House,

With Ballers, Crazyhorse and Stardust.

And we need to get you out of Inez!! :thatsfunn
Wildcats11 Wrote:And we need to get you out of Inez!! :thatsfunn

:zzz:

Try Again.

BTW Nice Avatar
Wildcatk23 Wrote::zzz:

Try Again.

BTW Nice Avatar

Thanks!! I thought it was a nice choice too!! :Thumbs:
Wildcats11 Wrote:Thanks!! I thought it was a nice choice too!! :Thumbs:

Wonder Woman Really fits him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wonder Woman Really Suites him.

I know right??
Wildcats11 Wrote:I know right??

The way he chokes, Yes it does.
Pages: 1 2