Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best in the 57th/15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who's the best?
thats easy to answer Magoffin
MAGOFFIN COUNTY, easiest question ive answered lol
It's between the Hornets and Tigers.The Hornets are great ,but the Tigers are really on row right now and playing some solid ball.JC could however sneak in and surprise everybody!!! :Nodding:
Magoffin!
I guess we will see from here on out. If Paintsville comes out and plays like they did in Richmond they could win out in the regular season, which hopefully they will.

Right now I have to say Magoffin County, then Paintsville close behind, and JC not far behind them.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I guess we will see from here on out. If Paintsville comes out and plays like they did in Richmond they could win out in the regular season, which hopefully they will.

Right now I have to say Magoffin County, then Paintsville close behind, and JC not far behind them.
I agree, I wouldn't hand the 57th or the 15th to Magoffin just yet. Paintsville will have a lot to say about the 57th. Belfry and Paintsville will have a lot to say about the 15th.

That's why they make them play the games. Our girls realize that they let a possible All A state championship slip by. I guaranty you they will not come out timid ever again. They played right with the #10 team in the state and if they could have gotten a break or 2, you never know what could have happened.
Magoffin Hands Down
Magoffin County is the favorite in the 57th right now hands down. (unbeaten in regular season 15th region play so far this season and last, won the past 2 district tournaments, has the same players as last season) This goes to show you, you don't count out the favorite no matter how well a team did in a tournament. As for the 15th, I think it's Magoffin Counties to loose. However, thats only my opinion. But I'm not counting out Belfry. This is a very solid ball club and they have a great coach. Paintsville is playing better ball now than they were before the All A. However, they lost a great deal when they lost Ashley Hall. She was always there to hit the big shot whenever they needed it. Hard to replace a player like that. Not to take anything away from the Carrolls, Jarrell, or Russell. They're heck of ball players. Just think they're missing that fifth player.
The Tigers are deffinitely moving up..
Magoffin
Untill some one takes Magoffin on and beats them Magoffin will remain the favorite and the Lady Tigers will have their chance on the Feb 15 to do that. I just don't see it happening. MC all the way.
"coacher_06" Wrote:Untill some one takes Magoffin on and beats them Magoffin will remain the favorite and the Lady Tigers will have their chance on the Feb 15 to do that. I just don't see it happening. MC all the way.
i agree but see if paintsville dont try and back out just like shelby valley did for tonights game
"The Fan" Wrote:i agree but see if paintsville dont try and back out just like shelby valley did for tonights game
You don't have to worry about that. This next game will be a lot better. PHS's girls are looking forward to that game.

The region is Magoffin's to lose. It was their region to lose last year and couldn't handle the pressure. They're a year wiser, played a tough schedule, and played in a few real good tournaments. Instead of Magoffin losing the region this year, someone will have to beat them to win it. Magoffin won't play a bad game in the district or region this year.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:You don't hworry about that. This next game will be a lot better. PHS's girls are looking forward to that game.ave to

The region is Magoffin's to lose. It was their region to lose last year and couldn't handle the pressure. They're a year wiser, played a tough schedule, and played in a few real good tournaments. Instead of Magoffin losing the region this year, someone will have to beat them to win it. Magoffin won't play a bad game in the district or region this year.
hope your right but i have been hearing different
MC is my pick....JC beat P-Ville the last meeting they had so JC is my #2
does anyone know what days distrticts (57th) will be held on?
I believe that it is Magoffin's to lose. If they don't make it to state, it would probably be the biggest upset ever. I do believe they can be beaten, but after last years disappointment,they should be focused. Belfry, Paintsville and maybe JC will challenge them for the title, but I believe Mag has too many weapons. If they use all of them, not just one or two.:thumb:
"jchsrulz" Wrote:I believe that it is Magoffin's to lose. If they don't make it to state, it would probably be the biggest upset ever. I do believe they can be beaten, but after last years disappointment,they should be focused. Belfry, Paintsville and maybe JC will challenge them for the title, but I believe Mag has too many weapons. If they use all of them, not just one or two.:thumb:

I will agree that it is Magoffin's to lose, but I will disagree that if they didn't make it to state it would be the biggest upset ever. I'd have to give that honor to Johnson Central's 2002-03 team when they returned EVERYONE from the region championship team the year before (2001-02), they were beat by Betsy Lane at JC in the Region Championship (2002-03. They had Ashley Wireman, Michelle Music, Rhonda Adams, Melissa Murphy, Breanne Daniels, and Tiffany Howard, all returned from the year before and they choked.
"The Fan" Wrote:i agree but see if paintsville dont try and back out just like shelby valley did for tonights game

:wtf1: Why would they back out of a District game of this magnitude the way they are playing ball right now. I agree that Magoffin Co. is the team to beat in the 57th and the 15th, but, people aren't going to run scared and just not show up and play them. They are going to have to earn it. And it isn't going to be that easy. WHY? Because they have a BIG ole target on their backs right now. Which makes it alittle harder!
Good Luck to all the girls in the 57th, should be a Great Tourny this year. Can't wait!
"Hoopla" Wrote:Magoffin County is the favorite in the 57th right now hands down. (unbeaten in regular season 15th region play so far this season and last, won the past 2 district tournaments, has the same players as last season) This goes to show you, you don't count out the favorite no matter how well a team did in a tournament. As for the 15th, I think it's Magoffin Counties to loose. However, thats only my opinion. But I'm not counting out Belfry. This is a very solid ball club and they have a great coach. Paintsville is playing better ball now than they were before the All A. However, they lost a great deal when they lost Ashley Hall. She was always there to hit the big shot whenever they needed it. Hard to replace a player like that. Not to take anything away from the Carrolls, Jarrell, or Russell. They're heck of ball players. Just think they're missing that fifth player.
PHS has their 5th player, Katie Adams. She has improved so much in 4 weeks, that I think she's one of the best freshmen. In the last 5 games she has 25 points, 30 rebounds, 6 assists, and 5 steals. She also plays great help defense. I like the team we've got. The way they passed the ball last night created open shots in the second half. There many times when PHS passed the ball 10 time before taking a shot. Like Guru said earlier, it was hard to believe the 28 point margin over East Ridge since PHS did not press and PHS was patient on offense.
Should be Magoffin Co. Alot of people gunning for them though!
Magoffin, followed by JC
Magoffin
You all need to remember how far MC made it last year! They are not gods. They can and will be beat!
"trizo" Wrote:You all need to remember how far MC made it last year! They are not gods. They can and will be beat!

No one said they were gods. But their the team to beat until someone knocks them off. Maybe your team can do it. Have they played the Lady hornets this year?
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I will agree that it is Magoffin's to lose, but I will disagree that if they didn't make it to state it would be the biggest upset ever. I'd have to give that honor to Johnson Central's 2002-03 team when they returned EVERYONE from the region championship team the year before (2001-02), they were beat by Betsy Lane at JC in the Region Championship (2002-03. They had Ashley Wireman, Michelle Music, Rhonda Adams, Melissa Murphy, Breanne Daniels, and Tiffany Howard, all returned from the year before and they choked.
You are correct! That was a team that came to the tournament not ready to play! They should've been beaten the night before by Allen Central. That game shoul've been a wake-up call, but they forgot to show up the next night.
I still think that this Mag Co. team is tuff! I think their team quickness would be difficult for JC's 02-03 squad. It would be a GREAT game though!