Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Charles Barkley: Heat a 'whiny bunch'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CHICAGO -- Charles Barkley thinks the Miami Heat have "terrific players," but when it comes to the team getting defensive about people taking shots at them, he calls them "a whiny bunch."
Barkley is in Chicago with TNT to cover the Eastern Conference finals between the Chicago Bulls and the Heat, and he said there was a time Heat forward LeBron James wasn't very happy with Barkley's analysis of "The Decision," which was the ESPN-televised event of James announcing he was leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers for Miami.

"He was mad at me for a while," Barkley said Tuesday during an in-studio guest spot on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I like LeBron. I think LeBron is the best basketball player in the world right now.

"But him and his guys think because some of us didn't like that 'Decision' thing -- that was silly -- they got mad about that. Like wait a minute, I always said it's nothing personal, that thing was silly. We say he's the best player in the world, but you guys are mad because we criticized 'The Decision.'"

Barkley, who praised James and his teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as great players and individuals, also had a problem with the celebration the Heat staged after all three decided to join forces in Miami last summer. The celebration included James talking about winning as many as seven titles.

As the season went on, the Heat were booed in opposing arenas as fans may have sensed an arrogance about a team that seemed to celebrate success even before the season began. Wade addressed the negative perception after a loss to the Bulls in March that extended Miami's losing streak to four games. Wade said: "The world is better now since the Heat is losing."

Barkley wasn't buying it.

"[They say] we don't like the Miami Heat. First of all, that's not true at all," Barkley said. "Those guys are actually a whiny bunch. They said a couple times this year, 'Well the world is happy the Miami Heat [is losing].' Please don't flatter yourself. C'mon man.

"We criticize [James] because of 'The Decision.' But nobody dislikes LeBron James. LeBron James is a good dude. But I love, 'The Miami Heat is losing, the world is happy.' First of all, nobody is thinking about the Miami Heat. You guys are good guys. You're the guys who came out and said, 'We're not going to win 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 championships.' We're like, 'Really.' They never take any personal responsibility to why people take shots at them."

Barkley has an idea how the Heat could have prevented the negative fallout.

"If LeBron had just said, 'Hey, you know what, I want to win more, I'm going to Miami.' Nobody would have disliked that," Barkley said. "I don't know what that thing was when they came out on stage and said they were going to win seven championships.

"Those are the two things that annoyed people, but nobody dislikes Dwyane and LeBron and Chris Bosh. All three are good guys and terrific players."
I almost posted this today lol
Barkley is right.
Anyone else read this and say turrific players?
It's true. But what superstars aren't? Everyone is a whiny baby.
MisterPerfect Wrote:It's true. But what superstars aren't? Everyone is a whiny baby.

Kobe Bean Bryant.
Aslan Wrote:Kobe Bean Bryant.

Biggest baby of em' all.
Ballers Wrote:Biggest baby of em' all.

Cmon now.
Aslan Wrote:Cmon now.

It's true.
Lakers really showed their true colors in that Dallas series..
Got all butt hurt and got sent home.. Started acting like a buncha thug babies.
Ballers Wrote:It's true.

Thats True, But it wasnt Kobe .

But he is one of the Top Cry babies int he league.
Ballers Wrote:It's true.

That was Bynum, Artest, and Odom. Kobe had nothing to do with that. Kobe is a class act.
Aslan Wrote:That was Bynum, Artest, and Odom. Kobe had nothing to do with that. Kobe is a class act.

Sure was a class act when he called that ref a fag.
BTW, you just basically named their starting 5, way to go buddy.
Ballers Wrote:Sure was a class act when he called that ref a fag.

Odom doesn't start.
Ballers Wrote:Sure was a class act when he called that ref a fag.

IDC that he called a ref a fag, I think it's hilarious people are making a big deal out of it.
And I just named two starters that didn't show any class in that series.
Anyway Kobe Bean Bryant is a class act.
Aslan Wrote:IDC that he called a ref a fag, I think it's hilarious people are making a big deal out of it.
And I just named two starters that didn't show any class in that series.
Anyway Kobe Bean Bryant is a class act.

Basically it's there big time players/role players.. They could be anywhere else and start..

Kobe Bryant is FINISHED.. Without help, his team will go under and his legacy will end NOW.
Ballers Wrote:Basically it's there big time players/role players.. They could be anywhere else and start..

Kobe Bryant is FINISHED.. Without help, his team will go under and his legacy will end NOW.

He's past his prime, but the guy is still averaging 25ppg, he's far from finished. Legacy's don't die, lol. They're worse players than Kobe that are still considered great and their moments still replayed today.
Why the hate on Kobe? Nobody has said anything bad about Lebron, he had a great game, but just disappeared in the 4th.
Aslan Wrote:Kobe Bean Bryant.

Ohh, he's definitely a cry baby!!
MisterPerfect Wrote:Ohh, he's definitely a cry baby!!

You're a cry baby.
Ballers Wrote:Basically it's there big time players/role players.. They could be anywhere else and start..

So I guess LeBron is finished as well? After all he did have to join two other all stars because he couldn't handle it.
Aslan Wrote:You're a cry baby.

Lol.... just full of laughs today.
I LOVE Charles.His rants are always hilarious and truthful. Especially with his anti Big East sentiments. Plus he always picked Kentucky to win in the tournament
Idk why we have so many threads just to hate and dis Kobe and Lebron. Why not just make a Kobe/LeChok hate thread and all of us bitch on one thread lol?