Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who were some players you looked up to growing up, or in middle school??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who were some players you looked up to growing up, or in middle school??

I was always a big Richie Farmer fan.
Good One Moe! I Went Down And Watched Farmer Play In The 87 Sweet 16.
They Made The Finals Against Lou. Ballard And Alan Houston. Clay Co. Lost But Farmer Put On A Show With 53 Points N The Championship.farmer Was Great But I Always Thought Russell Chadwell Was The Best Player On That Team. Chadwell Was Like 5-11 And Had A 46 Inch Verticle Leap.he Had Some Awesome Dunks In The Sweet-16 Tourney Also Had 43 Points The Previous Game Vs. Prp.ask Anyone Who Saw Chadwell Play, He Could Get-up Better Than Anyone Ive Ever Seen On A B-ball Court.he Was A High-riser As Dickey V Says(lol).
"vince" Wrote:Good One Moe! I Went Down And Watched Farmer Play In The 87 Sweet 16.
They Made The Finals Against Lou. Ballard And Alan Houston. Clay Co. Lost But Farmer Put On A Show With 53 Points N The Championship.farmer Was Great But I Always Thought Russell Chadwell Was The Best Player On That Team. Chadwell Was Like 5-11 And Had A 46 Inch Verticle Leap.he Had Some Awesome Dunks In The Sweet-16 Tourney Also Had 43 Points The Previous Game Vs. Prp.ask Anyone Who Saw Chadwell Play, He Could Get-up Better Than Anyone Ive Ever Seen On A B-ball Court.he Was A High-riser As Dickey V Says(lol).

I remember him well, the state had alot of talent those years.
i looked up to no one sorry
I remember watching Kenny Walker play for Kentucky when I was younger I liked to watch him because my dad liked him:lame: but its true that vis the name that I thought of first
Dan Issel, Pistol Pete Marvich, Jimmy Dan Conner, man I'm getting old.
Players that were in high school at the time or players that were in college or pro?

When I was in middle school I looked up to Rusty Tackett from SF for High School
I also looked up to Scott Padgett From UK and Larry Bird in Pro
John Pelphrey, Larry Bird, and Kevin McHale. I loved the Celtics in the 80s!!!!!
I always looked up to JR VanHoose and Craig Ratliff, I loved watching those two play.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I always looked up to JR VanHoose and Craig Ratliff, I loved watching those two play.

Thanks!!
Jerry Lucas, John Havelcheck, Darrell Griffith, Dan Issel, Pistol Pete,
I was always a big fan of Julius Erving and tried my best to be like him. As for the UK program I was a bigggg Dirk Miniefield fan but I didnt have him as a role model. He had a drug problem and that really shoots down the way you look up at someone. I know a lot of people looked up to Magic Johnson also but the life he lived really isnt what I want to live or my kids. We all have role models but nothing would make me prouder than to hear my kids say "Dad is my role model." Thats the life we all need to live. We need to take time for them instead of them looking up to people that live a lifestyle that we would never wanna see our kids live.
Jody Thompson was my man to watch when I was growing up.
Travis Ford!
near the top in the Sec 3 point percentage
near the top in the Sec Free Throw percentage
:theman:
"volley_coach14" Wrote:When I was in middle school I looked up to Rusty Tackett from SF
Rusty Tackett was a good one but I always thought that Michael Hall was the best player to ever play at SF.

I always looked up to Mike Slone From Allen Central, he was so Athletic and so much fun to watch, So he was my favorite HS player.
Matt Branham was Micheal Jordan, and Peyton Manning in my eyes
:theman: :theman:
Mine was Scottie "Downtown" Davis. I idolized that kid.
when i was in middle school i always looked up to mason hall of sf he plays with heart
Pistol Pete