Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ladies of LCC Athletics!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to post some info on the lady cougar sports. We have a great year even though our softball team is still in the state tournament. Just to let you know how good they did I will break it down like this.

Cross Country-Regional Runner Up
Volleyball-Regional Champ
Soccer-Regional Runner Up
Basketball-Regional Semi Finals
Track and Field-Regional Runner Up <---Numerous individual Region Champs
Softball-Regional Champ
Tennis<--Team, Single, and Doubles Regional Champ. Won one state tournament match for the first time.

Great Job Ladies.
Way to go girls :worthy:
Being successful with homegrown talent. Imagine that. That is a new concept in high school sports in Kentucky.
Orange, you are going to have to talk to the principle up there. The trophy case is filling up, and he needs to order some more to make room. I suggest telling him to put a huge glass trophy case somewhere in the middle of the entrance that way you can display all the regional trophies of all sports. Let that be just for regional trophies so it can make room for the other ones alone the wall. I know I brag a lot of the cougars, but the proof is in the trophy case. Smile
Orange,
Your correct, we are winning at a very high level of competition and yes it's with good ol' Letcher County girls. But you failed to mention that we are winning with good ol' Letcher County coaches. Let's look at it a little. Dicky Adams grew up and played right here in Letcher County and he has coached the girls basketball team and taken them to the "Big Show", he also has coached the volleyball team and taken them to the "Big Show". Before him Betty V. Caudill took several teams to the volleyball "Big Show" and was never appreciated for it. Bumper Adams (Dicky's brother) is his assistant for the basketball team and he is also the coach that just took the softball team to the "Big Show". Sally Hubbard a life long Letcher County coach has taken several teams and individuals (both boys and girls) to the state tournament in both cross country and track for many years now. Greg Collins is a good ol' Letcher County boy and he is doing phenominal things with our Lady Cougar soccer team. I think the common factor is that they are all from Letcher County and have done just as well if not better than the high dollar coaches that we have went out and gotten for our other sports programs. You would think that the powers that be would realize this obvious fact and show a little bit more appreciation for the coaches from our own community. The coaches that were mentioned deeply care about our kids and their welfare and do not look at them as somebody that can help them move on to a bigger and better job in the future, these coaches want to be coaching were they are at and they have a sense of community pride and want nothing but great things for the kids in Letcher County. We have some very good coaches in our community that could be doing just as well as our current boys basketball coach and football coach but they will never get a chance because they are from Letcher County and do not have the big name that our powers that be wants. Oh well this is just my opinion but I want all of these coaches to know that you are greatly appreciated for the jobs that you do with our Letcher County kids.
Don't forget about Sally Hubbard coach of the track team?
Cougar08,
I didn't forget about Sally, I talked about the teams and individuals that she has taken to state for many years. She may be one of the best motivators that I have ever met.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Orange,
Your correct, we are winning at a very high level of competition and yes it's with good ol' Letcher County girls. But you failed to mention that we are winning with good ol' Letcher County coaches. Let's look at it a little. Dicky Adams grew up and played right here in Letcher County and he has coached the girls basketball team and taken them to the "Big Show", he also has coached the volleyball team and taken them to the "Big Show". Before him Betty V. Caudill took several teams to the volleyball "Big Show" and was never appreciated for it. Bumper Adams (Dicky's brother) is his assistant for the basketball team and he is also the coach that just took the softball team to the "Big Show". Sally Hubbard a life long Letcher County coach has taken several teams and individuals (both boys and girls) to the state tournament in both cross country and track for many years now. Greg Collins is a good ol' Letcher County boy and he is doing phenominal things with our Lady Cougar soccer team. I think the common factor is that they are all from Letcher County and have done just as well if not better than the high dollar coaches that we have went out and gotten for our other sports programs. You would think that the powers that be would realize this obvious fact and show a little bit more appreciation for the coaches from our own community. The coaches that were mentioned deeply care about our kids and their welfare and do not look at them as somebody that can help them move on to a bigger and better job in the future, these coaches want to be coaching were they are at and they have a sense of community pride and want nothing but great things for the kids in Letcher County. We have some very good coaches in our community that could be doing just as well as our current boys basketball coach and football coach but they will never get a chance because they are from Letcher County and do not have the big name that our powers that be wants. Oh well this is just my opinion but I want all of these coaches to know that you are greatly appreciated for the jobs that you do with our Letcher County kids.

I agree 100%. I couldn't have said it better myself.
They seem to forget that when they bring in people that isn't from Letcher Co, there really hasn't been that successful.