Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adam Wing Commits to Oklahoma State.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rowan Co Senior leader signs with the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

Congrats Adam.
WOW!! Thats great!!! Congrats Adam!!
Awesome!! I thought he was gonna sign with Marshall for football?

Either way, the kids great. And he's a stud.
State Tournament was great exposure for him.
they still have him committed to Marshall on his Rivals account
^This is what I thought!!
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=107110

^^Here is the link. Saying he signed with Marshall

One of these HAS to be incorrect.
I'll check his rivals account tomorrow and if it hasn't changed from Marshall then I'd go with that one. Rivals doesn't even consider him a basketball prospect. You put his name in for the Class of 2012 for Basketball and Recruiting Database comes up, however if you do it for football, his account comes up and says Soft Verbal to Marshall
yep he's gone to Oklahoma State

http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/1076115.html
MisterPerfect Wrote:Awesome!! I thought he was gonna sign with Marshall for football?

Either way, the kids great. And he's a stud.

He was, he decommitted and decided basketball was what he wanted to play at the next level.
Congratulations, on the offer and committment, the kid is a work horse and will do well.
I think he's making a mistake. He has more potential to do great things playing football in the MAC than he does playing basketball in the Big 12. JMO though.
He is a great athlete. Best of luck to him at OSU.
Adam is committed now to OKlahoma State, this is awesome, the kid is a freaking monster, he also was offered by WKU on sunday to play QB
Good to see a local kid getting the opportunity to play big time College Basketball... Congrats:Clap:
wow great pick up for travis
This is wonderful to see a Kid from Ky going off and playing for a major D1 school. I hope he gets some early PT and makes it a good pickup for coach Ford.

From the picture, he looks like a pretty good sized kid. How tall and how much does he weigh?
He's 6'4 1/2, 195. Pretty athletic. Gets both elbows over the rim.
HD28 Wrote:He's 6'4 1/2, 195. Pretty athletic. Gets both elbows over the rim.

That means he has at least a 44" verticle???? You wouldn't be exagerating a little bit would you?:biggrin:
First of all,I have seen him do it. Second of all, how in the he** did you arrive at the "44 inch vertical"? He's nearly 6'5 with long arms. lmao.
HD28 Wrote:First of all,I have seen him do it. Second of all, how in the he** did you arrive at the "44 inch vertical"? He's nearly 6'5 with long arms. lmao.

Raise your arms above your head; your elbows should be almost exactly even with the top of your head.

If Wing is 6'5", that means the top of his head is 3'7" below the goal when standing under the rim. That's 43 inches. If he can "get both elbows over the rim", that means his head has to be even or over the rim too.

Add a couple of inches to "get over the rim" and you have at least a 44 inch vertical.

That's how I arrived at the 44 inch vertical.:lmao:
goodguy Wrote:Raise your arms above your head; your elbows should be almost exactly even with the top of your head.

If Wing is 6'5", that means the top of his head is 3'7" below the goal when standing under the rim. That's 43 inches. If he can "get both elbows over the rim", that means his head has to be even or over the rim too.

Add a couple of inches to "get over the rim" and you have at least a 44 inch vertical.

That's how I arrived at the 44 inch vertical.:lmao:
I just checked you test method, my elbow is several inches above me head, so that theory does not hold alot of water. I would say that he has about a 35 to 37 inch vertical. Point is he is a good athlete and a kid that will work hard. I think he will make the most of the opportunity.
Colonels87 Wrote:I just checked you test method, my elbow is several inches above me head, so that theory does not hold alot of water. I would say that he has about a 35 to 37 inch vertical. Point is he is a good athlete and a kid that will work hard. I think he will make the most of the opportunity.

For him to have a 37 inch vertical, his elbows would have to be at least 6 inches above the top of his head. Remember, not just one elbow, both elbows. At a 35 inch vertical it's 8 inches above the top of his head.

I'm not questioning his athletic ability nor his basketball skills, I think that he is a very good player and am happy that he is going on to the next level to play ball, I just find it hard to believe, he can put both elbows above the rim, and does it really matter? No, I was just questioning the comment HD28 made. So chill.
Adam can jump pretty well, he has dunked several times last season, sometimes over top of defenders.
Congrats but I as well think he should be playing football at the next level.

As for the vertical thing it doesn't matter how far his elbows are above his head. A vertical is measured by how high he can jump standing in one spot. I'm sure running in and jumping off of one foot he can jump several inches higher than his actual vertical would be.
nice pick up