Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Final- Clay Co. vs. North Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay is making their 3rd trip to the final in 4 years and North is making their first appearance since '07. Both teams are playing very well right now. Both won their first two games of the region by the mercy rule. These two have been the cream of the crop all year so it is fitting they play the 3rd time for all the marbles. Clay defeated North in 9 innings in the district final with North scoring 9 runs in the 4th inning with 2 outs. I look for this game to be competitive, but I think Clay should prevail. Experience seniors that know what it's like to win and lose on this stage playing at home will be tough to match.
Going to be a good one. Look for a rumble in the jungle tomorrow night. I agree the best two teams made it to the finals.
Clay County=13 Regional Champs.

John Wilson=MVP.
It's crazy to me how far the program has come in a short period of time. When these seniors were 8th graders the Tigers went 14-15 and bowed out in the first round. They are about to play in the 3rd regional championship in their 4 years of high school. Looking to win their 100th game in HS, and looking for back to back titles. This is something that was once unheard of at Clay County, but seems like it could now become a consistent occurance. Smith's JV team won the JV region tournament this year without playing any of his younger varsity kids. Coach Smith seems poised to remain a contender for a long time.
What time does this game start?
Good Job Tigers!!!!!!