Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR in 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone post a couple links or pictures of what the site looked like in 2005 when it first started out? I would love to learn the history of BGR since I've been an active member since 2009.
I remember what it looked like, don't have a link though. Can't believe that was 6 years ago..doesn't seem like that long.
I remember when the site had several skins you could choose from, based on the colors from schools on the site.

Pretty cool stuff!
^I figured you would know. I begun getting on here as a guest in 07. And this site has made leaps and bounds from then. So I'd love to have seen it in 05.
http://wayback.archive.org/web/200501010...rivals.com
Go here and u can look at every year for it
^awesome find, CA.
WOW! That is crazy seeing BGR as it was back on 01/29/05!
2006 was the best look IMO
Panther Thunder Wrote:2006 was the best look IMO

I like the header.
I like the October 28, 2007 one.
It was soooooooooooooooo much better. No ignorant parents running their mouths about little johnny, no idiotic kids under 13, just people who know their stuff, and can complete a sentence. Man I miss that time.
Ahhh those were the good ole days
Real Badman Wrote:It was soooooooooooooooo much better. No ignorant parents running their mouths about little johnny, no idiotic kids under 13, just people who know their stuff, and can complete a sentence. Man I miss that time.

Totally agree. When I first started on this site, it was in 2007. But I just got on here and read. I didn't create a name. And it really seemed like people had more fun back in the day.
I believe I joined in 2006. I haven't been on in forever.
I'm actually logged in on the screen shot on 02-27-2006
Woah, I've been going through old threads for about an hour now...good shat.
Real Badman Wrote:It was soooooooooooooooo much better. No ignorant parents running their mouths about little johnny, no idiotic kids under 13, just people who know their stuff, and can complete a sentence. Man I miss that time.

in 2005 u was like 14. LOL
Wildcatk23 Wrote:in 2005 u was like 14. LOL

lol. He didn't like the idiotic 13 year olds but 14's are okay, lol.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:in 2005 u was like 14. LOL

So you were 14.6? LOL
LWC Wrote:lol. He didn't like the idiotic 13 year olds but 14's are okay, lol.

Yep

Real Badman Wrote:So you were 14.6? LOL

14 i was sir, But i wasnt calling the 13 year olds idiotic, But i guess i sure have been since it included you most of that time.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yep

14 i was sir, But i wasnt calling the 13 year olds idiotic, But i guess i sure have been since it included you most of that time.

Hey, shut up.
Real Badman Wrote:Hey, shut up.

Hey, Deliver my Pizza,
The Wayback link is awesome!
The wayback link was crazy. Some of the skins would have drove me crazy,
Talked to a person whose been a member since the "start" of the site but doesn't get on any longer. He told me that it has changed too much but did throughly enjoy his discussion on here back in the day! I haven't been a member long myself but I can tell a difference on here within the last month. It's not what it used to be.
long_time_pirate Wrote:Talked to a person whose been a member since the "start" of the site but doesn't get on any longer. He told me that it has changed too much but did throughly enjoy his discussion on here back in the day! I haven't been a member long myself but I can tell a difference on here within the last month. It's not what it used to be.

Its different in the summertime, People have lives and its the slowest time of the season, the site gets going again around football season and the start of college football.
^Like Wildcatk23 has said, when football begins. The site is booming!!!
long_time_pirate Wrote:Talked to a person whose been a member since the "start" of the site but doesn't get on any longer. He told me that it has changed too much but did throughly enjoy his discussion on here back in the day! I haven't been a member long myself but I can tell a difference on here within the last month. It's not what it used to be.

I though all the recent changes were to bring all those who felt the site had changed too much back??? I guess that didn't work out as planned!
Stardust Wrote:I though all the recent changes were to bring all those who felt the site had changed too much back??? I guess that didn't work out as planned!

:biggrin: :Thumbs: