Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley vs. Lawrence County (15th region first round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lawrence comes in after beating paintsville in a 2-1 game and shelby valley comes in after losing to pikeville in their district championship.

Whos everyone got? I got LC 8-0 but i haven't seen Shelby Valley play this year so could be wrong.
This game is over before it starts. Shelby Valley plays hard but they are no match for Lawrence County. 5 inning game 13-0.
X's and O's Wrote:This game is over before it starts. Shelby Valley plays hard but they are no match for Lawrence County. 5 inning game 13-0.

Do you have any information about Shelby Valley? I was told they only won 5 games this year, and all those against very weak teams. Do they have any pitching?
Nothing overpowering, they just throw strikes.
IF they cant paint the outside corner then they could possibly upset LC by the way they have been hitting. In my opinion they haven't seen a good pitcher since they have played in the tournament. Both kids were in the mid to high 70's and only scored a combined 3 runs in both games.
LC_Dawgs Wrote:IF they cant paint the outside corner then they could possibly upset LC by the way they have been hitting. In my opinion they haven't seen a good pitcher since they have played in the tournament. Both kids were in the mid to high 70's and only scored a combined 3 runs in both games.

Sorry I have to disagree with you on the pitching statement. While I realize that neither kid is Nolan Ryan fast and neither has a Cy Young award on the mantle,I do believe that both kids threw very nice high school baseball. I have never quite understood the mph calls without a gun. Not to disagree with that part of the statement but the specificity without the gun. Topspeed,throwing speed and etc.? The hitting part of your comments I am afraid is true. You have got to feel very well with the draw but you can't just can SV from the beginning. All of these players are just kids. Any tournament is good for at least one big time upset. At this level "Emotions" are probably the biggest factor.
Who does LC pitch against SV? Do they pitch there top gun or save him for BHS/ACHS winner? Just wondering how they will use there rotation in this tourney. How many days rest does a high school pitcher have to have if he gets his innings in?thanks
LC will pitch senior Chris Cline against Shelby Valley. Cline has had a really good year on the mound,he is 4-2 with a 1.56 ERA with 60 strike-outs. He has pitched really well for LC this season and has showed he can be good against 15th region teams. I would imagine it will be Banks in game two vs the Belfry/ Allen Central winner and if they win there Shepherd will throw in championship game on Thursday..
Quote:Sorry I have to disagree with you on the pitching statement. While I realize that neither kid is Nolan Ryan fast and neither has a Cy Young award on the mantle,I do believe that both kids threw very nice high school baseball. I have never quite understood the mph calls without a gun. Not to disagree with that part of the statement but the specificity without the gun. Topspeed,throwing speed and etc.? The hitting part of your comments I am afraid is true. You have got to feel very well with the draw but you can't just can SV from the beginning. All of these players are just kids. Any tournament is good for at least one big time upset. At this level "Emotions" are probably the biggest factor.

Im not saying that the two pitchers were horrible im just saying the two boys werent the best that LC has faced all year and i have seen them mash that types of pitching. It looked to me like they were just throwing them straight outside and they really adjust. I think that they will bust out in region thuogh and start hitting the ball better cause a strong team like LC can't stay hitting like that for a long period of time.
LC_Dawgs Wrote:Im not saying that the two pitchers were horrible im just saying the two boys werent the best that LC has faced all year and i have seen them mash that types of pitching. It looked to me like they were just throwing them straight outside and they really adjust. I think that they will bust out in region thuogh and start hitting the ball better cause a strong team like LC can't stay hitting like that for a long period of time.
Agree:Thumbs:
I agree, even if the championship game the Bulldogs hit the ball hard, unfortunately it went right to people especially the left fielder.
When and where is this game taking place? I would like to attend.
StrayBullet Wrote:When and where is this game taking place? I would like to attend.
All 15th regional tournament games are at Stonecrest in Prestonsburg. Start at 11 Monday morning with Pikeville facing Paintsville. See the thread 15th region field for schedules and matchups.