Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Seattle Supersonics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Scottie Pippen talk had me thinking about the Sonics.

I was just looking and they drafted these 3 players in a 3 year span:
Scottie Pippen
Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

WOW!

It got me thinking about what might have happened if the Sonics would have kept Scottie Pippen? Would Scottie still be a Top 50 all-time player? Would the Sonics have got that 2nd Title? Would Jordan have won 6 titles? Would he have been able to create another Robin?
LWC Wrote:The Scottie Pippen talk had me thinking about the Sonics.

Scottie Pippen
Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

WOW!

It got me thinking about what might have happened if the Sonics would have kept Scottie Pippen? Would Scottie still be a Top 50 all-time player? Would the Sonics have got that 2nd Title? Would Jordan have won 6 titles? Would he have been able to create another Robin?

Supersonics would have one 10 years in a row just because Kemp would have either whooped them, or drugged them up.

Scottie Pippen
Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

WOW!

1. They would have definitely been successful.
2. No.
3. No.
4. Yes
5. Not sure.

Scottie Pippen
Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

WOW!

No. Pippen would not have been a Top 50 all time player.
No. Sonics would not have gotten that 2nd title. They would not have been able to beat the Pistons and Bulls.
IDK if Jordan get six titles. I do know he would have won multiple rings without Pippen riding his coattails.
Jordan made Pippen a top 50 player.
Remember everyone that the Sonics WITHOUT Pippen took the Bulls to a 6 game Finals series.

I think an overwhelming answer that I am hearing is that Pippen is not a Top 50 player without Jordan. Is that correct?
LWC Wrote:Remember everyone that the Sonics WITHOUT Pippen took the Bulls to a 6 game Finals series.

I think an overwhelming answer that I am hearing is that Pippen is not a Top 50 player without Jordan. Is that correct?
IMO, yes. Pippen rode Jordan's coattails all the way to the HOF. Pippen is the most overrated player in the history of pro sports.

Scottie Pippen
Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

WOW!

What might have happened if the sonics would have kept Scottie Pippen?
1) Won 2 or 3 Championships, and Sonics would still be in Seattle.

Would Scottie still be a Top 50 all-time player?
2) Yes, he would be higher.... Pippen played great D, and was a very under-rated scorer... People just hate on him now because of his stupid talk now but that don't take away how good of a ball player he was...

Would the Sonics have got that 2nd Title?
3) YES

Would Jordan have won 6 titles?
4) NO!!!!But yes he would have gotten another great player with him. No one does it alone, not even Jordan.Everyone needs a Pippen remember Pippen made that statement famous.

Would he have been able to create another robin?
5) Jordan DIDN'T create a robin.... Pippen created the robin talk....

People I understand how everyone feels about Michael "Air" Jordan, and I said it before Michael Jordan is MY 2nd greatest player of all-time, BUT Pippen is Pippen and he can play... Pippen was a great ALL-AROUND player, he could do everything... I know Pippen's talk gets very stupid sometimes but we can't let that take anything away from him....... Not many players could have played as good as he did on both sides of the court.

Another thing Rodman is VERY under-rated also....

Magic didn't make Kareem
Bird didn't make McHale
Shaq didn't make Kobe
Jordan didn't make Pippen
ekff, i just used the Robin thing to get people started. I also agree you can't completely create a player. You can certainly make them better, but you can't elevate their game THAT much. Jordan probably made him go from a 2nd Team to a 1st Team or a 3rd Team to a 2nd Team All-NBA, but he was still good.
Jarons Wrote:IMO, yes. Pippen rode Jordan's coattails all the way to the HOF. Pippen is the most overrated player in the history of pro sports.

I agree that he rode Jordans coattail but IMO Scottie was still a great player in his own right. Not top 50 great w/o Jordan though.
Aslan Wrote:I agree that he rode Jordans coattail but IMO Scottie was still a great player in his own right. Not top 50 great w/o Jordan though.

OK, it that's true then Jordan wouldn't be 1 or 2 all-time.... Because without Pippen NO 6 rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ekff Wrote:OK, it that's true then Jordan wouldn't be 1 or 2 all-time.... Because without Pippen NO 6 rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't think the Bulls would sign another Robin with all that cap space? IMO MJ finds a way to still win 6.
Imagine if he wouldn't have retired prematurely twice, MJ could have won 10.
Aslan Wrote:You don't think the Bulls would sign another Robin with all that cap space? IMO MJ finds a way to still win 6.
Imagine if he wouldn't have retired prematurely twice, MJ could have won 10.

No Way!!!! Without Pippen, Jordan might have 2.....
Pippen almost lead the Bulls to a title after Jordan's first retirement. They got beat by the Knicks in 6 games and had they won that series, they would have most likely won it all again.
ekff Wrote:No Way!!!! Without Pippen, Jordan might have 2.....

Oh I completely disagree.
Told you all Shawn Kemp would fight everyone in this thread...
ekff Wrote:OK, it that's true then Jordan wouldn't be 1 or 2 all-time.... Because without Pippen NO 6 rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They would have just got another decent player that jordan would have made look awesome. He drew so much attention that the practically dared pippen to try and beat them.

One thing is for sure though. James championships without wade? 0
Wildcatk23 Wrote:They would have just got another decent player that jordan would have made look awesome. He drew so much attention that the practically dared pippen to try and beat them.

One thing is for sure though. James championships without wade? 0

:Thumbs:
I wanna know anybody else that was the lone superstar on a team that won a title before the age of 27.