Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 1 Magoffin County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sounded like a good ole' fashioned pitchers duel. Shepherd was outstanding tonight with 18 K's. Austin Whitaker pitched for Magoffin I believe. Lawrence County's offense seems to really struggle with left handers. Cody Moore hit a double off the fence and later scored on a suicide squeeze in the bottom of the 6th to plate LC's only run. Really wish I could've watched this one. Congrats to both teams on a very well played baseball game.
Listened to this one and from the sounds of it, it sure was a dandy, MC was in it right till the end today and took LC down to the wire.
Absolutely. Whitaker seemed to keep LC's hitters off balance all night and really proved to be effective. Sounded like Magoffin has some pretty good young talent coming up through the ranks. The district may be a little more wide open that most believe for the next few years.
Wow did'nt Pikeville beat MC a few weeks ago 10-0??? Whats up with that?
From what I have saw this year Lawrence is a very average team if Shepherd is not on the mound they can be beat they do not hit the ball very well at all.
From what I've seen and heard, they really struggle hitting the ball against lefties that have good movement. They tend to pull off the ball against them, but against righties they are much better.
huggybus02 Wrote:Wow did'nt Pikeville beat MC a few weeks ago 10-0??? Whats up with that?

Yeah, and Pikeville beat Allen Central 1-0 while LC destroyed them. So what is your point?
all you need is one run if you pitch and play defense, hats off to both teams great game.
did not have a point was just wondering is all!
Congrats LC, way to battle Hornets.
Congrats Lawrence
16BBall Fan Wrote:From what I have saw this year Lawrence is a very average team if Shepherd is not on the mound they can be beat they do not hit the ball very well at all.

SHEP pitched ALL 7 innings tonight!
Congrats LC
Congrats LC... and also Congrats to a very young MC team. Looks like they really got there young team on the right track going into Districts.
Some kind of pitching duel. LC never stopped believing they were going to win tho and that was the difference!
Congrats LC. This is one of the best games ive seen all year. Ditricts next year will be wide open for anybody to win!