Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley -64 Jenkins -60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
This was a dandy game..Jenkins had a 25 point lead at one point in the first half and blew it in the 2nd half..Sv came out and played some good defense in the 2nd half..I have to say Jonah Justice was a big factor in the Wildcats win tonight, You dont hear alot about him but he definately played his butt off tonight..Mitch Riddle sat most of the 2nd half for some reason..Good win for the Wildcats though!
Well I'm kinda glad that valley won but i was hopeing that jenkins would pull a upset in this one!
"HeartOFaChampion" Wrote:Well I'm kinda glad that valley won but i was hopeing that jenkins would pull a upset in this one!
Yeah me 2....
Congrats Valley!
Congrats valley....
Jenkins was up 25??? You know, I really think Jenkins could be a sleeper team in the 53rd district tourny. This is coming off of a loss the previous night to Letcher Central when the game was tied at 54 with 2 minutes to go. Then up 25 against Valley. Now all they need to do is find a way to play the full game! Wish I could have went to this game! Congrats Valley. Anyone have any stats?
Jenkins needs to learn to play more consistant. They look like a million dollar team one minute, then like a little league team the next. Congrats on Valleys win. Where was this game played?
At Valley. And I agree Basketballfanonly! They are also a pretty young team. If they can take care of the ball then they win games! They just haven't really found out how to win.
yeah its truly hard to fathom Jenkins being up 25 on SVHS. Its not that hard to believe they blew a lead like that because they ARE inconsistent. If they do learn to take care of the ball, and just sit on a lead, they will be very dangerous come tournament time. Congrats to Valley on a nice comeback, and.....GO CAVS!!!!!!!
There must have been a curse on the farend goal in the gym..Valley put up 22 in the first half on it and Jenkins put up 15 in the second. TAKE THE LID OFF!!!!!
congrats
Well I can tell you one thing about Shelby Valley, and that is Booher couldnt coach his way out of a brown paper bag!!!!!!!!!! They run no offense, play no defense, and I dont think it is the boys fault. The talent is there and the coach is not. If it wouldnt an overload of talent last year and a missed free throw they wouldnt have played in Rupp last year. Here is a book Booher should invest in. "Basketball for Dummies". Now all you Valley Dwellers that wanted the Rowe family gone, only one question? How does losing taste. Reality check time, when your fans storm the floor after barely beating Jenkins, you better go back to the drawing board. Now for all the Valley players keep your heads up, once again we know the talent is there!!!!!!!
wwwwwooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
yeah, thats not the only team to storm the court after beating 6-13 Jenkins. A 13-7 3A school right up the road did it too, lol. What in the H3LL is that about?
It is sad to see Valleys program fall to this level. You are right the talent is there but the coaching isn't. There coach acts like he knows everything but doesn't have a clue. Maybe he won'tbe there next yeat and they can get back to where they once where.
yeah i think valley came out flat in the first half but they sure did come out of the locker room for the second half and they were ready. An yeah i agree with you playboy the farside goal had to have a lid on it cuz no one made n e thing on that goal. TongueirateSku
Does Jenkins surprise anyone?
I just have one thing to say about Coach Booher after the game against Jenkins...B.O.E....get us a new coach..when a player scored the last 4 points of the half and the first 4 of the second..why would you take him out a minuter after scoring those 4 in the second..the player is Gary Thomas..Booher hardly ever lets him play..and when he does..Gary does good..then Booher takes him out...come on Booher...leave the good players in the game..
It really upsets me that Valley wins, and all people can talk about it Coach Booher.

I know everyone doesn't agree with what he does or how he does it, but this thread is about the ball game between Jenkins and Shelby Valley, not a thread to bash Booher.

Congrats Valley on the win. Good job at stepping it up the second half. The match up between family is what brought me out to this one.

Logan Bryant and Jacob Bryant for Shelby Valley
Joe Bryant and Wesley Bryant for Jenkins.
Gary Thomas done an excellent job this game. I've never seen him play so well. Keep up the good work.
Good thing Jenkins got tired or this could have been the worst loss in Valley history.
"The Dork" Wrote:It really upsets me that Valley wins, and all people can talk about it Coach Booher.

I know everyone doesn't agree with what he does or how he does it, but this thread is about the ball game between Jenkins and Shelby Valley, not a thread to bash Booher.

Congrats Valley on the win. Good job at stepping it up the second half. The match up between family is what brought me out to this one.

Logan Bryant and Jacob Bryant for Shelby Valley
Joe Bryant and Wesley Bryant for Jenkins.

Please Coach Booher is a joke and you know it too DORK!. So don't go defending him when he's turn the best basketball program in the mountains, to a soap opera and letting the parents and political influences run the team. Please everyone at Valley is sick of this bullshit!!!! And actually no Valley Dwellers wanted Rowe gone just 2 players and their parents, Kiser and Friend. So don't make it look like everyone at Valley wanted Rowe gone because that's not the case. And please Dork don't bring the The Bryants into this, there worse than Booher. The Byrants and Booher = LOSING!!!!!!!!! Dorton people just can't get that through their heads. You want to know why Valley sucks this year, it's because the best athletes in the school, won't play for Booher. I would take Kyle Goodson, Mike Bartley or Donovan Bentley over any of Valleys current players!!!!!!! Get rid of Lazy(anti-sports) Forrest Fire Johnson, and his sidekick Boo whoo.:please: For the sake of Dorton and Virgie!!!!!
And please fans, don't rush the court when you beat Jenkins, i'm ashamed.

And yes Gary Thomas is a great player, but will never get to show his talent because he doesn't suck Booher's ass like some players and parents do!!!!! I speak the truth!!!!!!
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:Please Coach Booher is a joke and you know it too DORK!. So don't go defending him when he's turn the best basketball program in the mountains, to a soap opera and letting the parents and political influences run the team. Please everyone at Valley is sick of this bullshit!!!! And actually no Valley Dwellers wanted Rowe gone just 2 players and their parents, Kiser and Friend. So don't make it look like everyone at Valley wanted Rowe gone because that's not the case. And please Dork don't bring the The Bryants into this, there worse than Booher. The Byrants and Booher = LOSING!!!!!!!!! Dorton people just can't get that through their heads. You want to know why Valley sucks this year, it's because the best athletes in the school, won't play for Booher. I would take Kyle Goodson, Mike Bartley or Donovan Bentley over any of Valleys current players!!!!!!! Get rid of Lazy(anti-sports) Forrest Fire Johnson, and his sidekick Boo whoo.:please: For the sake of Dorton and Virgie!!!!!

Dont worry, parents now are trying to get rid of Booher. Some of the all star 8th graders parents dont want there boys playing for him. So he will be gone also....
Yes BBallonlyfan, I heard a couple of them parents your talking about, has already went to the board on Booher. Let's hope something happens soon.
I dont think anything should happen. They let parents get rid of Rodney. That is where they made their mistake at. Letting players be bigger than the program. What happens if they listen to the parents again and get a new coach. If he dont play them enough, or play the right people, the new one will be gone too. if the parents dont like the coaches. It is their right and there expense to take them somewhere else. The administrators at the school is supposed to choose who to hire as a coach and when to let them go. Not the parents job.
Valley played a good second half. Cade Riddle put up his usual solid numbes while Gary Thomas was finally give the oppertunity to prove he deserves MUCH more playing time than he is getting when he sparked the rally to come from over 20 down at the half. If Booher would've lost this game, it may have been the nail in the casket. He may want to consider giving Thomas more playing time if he values his position. The kid has heart which is rare on this team.

Also, I'm sure if any of you were at the game you heard the Rodney Rowe chants. I heard it start up about 5 times.

With the way things work at Valley, I feel bad for some of the future players at Valley that don't have the right last name. When they get those Dorton and Virgie "High Councils" at Valley next year, if you're not with them, then you're against them.
well i think it is sad that valley is winning by 4 to jenkins. but like everyone else said no coaching up there! They put a player in and when he starts to do good they take him out everytime. Gary Thomas was played great last year and one of there good players that they have this year and barly even plays him. They toke big john johnson out and logan bryant started over him. And i didn't think i saw johnson get to play alot in this game when they really needed him in there! I think they need booher back to belfry and get rid of him. The reason booher did so well last year is b/c seth, kelsey, nick, done what ever they wanted to plus he more less took over Rowe's team!
Belfry definately does not or want Booher back. There doing fine without him.
Congrats valley...
Pages: 1 2