Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 9 East Ridge 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final according to KHSAA, Shelby Valley advances to the 59th District Championship game to take on Pikeville. Game is scheduled for tomorrow, May 25th at East Ridge High School.
Congrats SV
See...this is why the 59th & 60th need to be combined into a 6 team district. You have two teams from there that have a COMBINED 10-31 overall record and BOTH were beaten by Sheldon Clark. The last place team in the 5 team 57th District. You also have two team (Pikeville & Belfry) that qualify for the Region without even having to play a game.

YES....IMHO.....BULLSHIT!!!!

Totally unfair to the rest of the 15th (Especially the 5 team 57th District)
Congrats SV!
OffTheHook Wrote:See...this is why the 59th & 60th need to be combined into a 6 team district. You have two teams from there that have a COMBINED 10-31 overall record and BOTH were beaten by Sheldon Clark. The last place team in the 5 team 57th District. You also have two team (Pikeville & Belfry) that qualify for the Region without even having to play a game.

YES....IMHO.....BULLSHIT!!!!

Totally unfair to the rest of the 15th (Especially the 5 team 57th District)
Not disagreeing, but the schools don't set the districts. Take it up with KHSAA.
PHSForever Wrote:Not disagreeing, but the schools don't set the districts. Take it up with KHSAA.

I never said that they did. Just stating a fact. And do you think KHSAA is gonna listen? Hell no. They do what they want no matter what.
Congrats SV on a great win. Probably the most improved team in region from beginning of the year. I would assume the youngest team in region also, starting three 7th graders.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:Congrats SV on a great win. Probably the most improved team in region from beginning of the year. I would assume the youngest team in region also, starting three 7th graders.

Young team? Yes. Much improved from beginning of season? Not so much. East Ridge has a young team too and didnt exactly pose that much of a threat. The fact that they beat Sv twice before this was bad enough. Any time you have 4 wins and win a district tourny game I guess you could say a team improved but I agree with OTH on this one. Districts need to be changed so teams with 5 wins dont get in there.
OffTheHook Wrote:I never said that they did. Just stating a fact. And do you think KHSAA is gonna listen? Hell no. They do what they want no matter what.
What it boils down to, is the desire of the KHSAA and others to have everyone "feel good". When I was growing up, it was simply understood, if ya wanna play for championships, ya gotta win. Can't cry about it if you don't earn it. Look at how many undeserving teams make it into the football playoffs with losing records, etc. Silly, and I agree with you completely. I can remember easily when the district (baseball, basketball) was Pikeville, Belfry, Virgie, Millard, Feds Creek, Johns Creek, Mullins, etc. Now, with consolidation, it should be Pikeville, East Ridge, Pike Central, Belfry, Shelby Valley, at least. But that will never happen, which is ridiculous. I agree totally and think it cheapens the district winner and runner up trophies, but until there is a culture change away from "everyone's a winner" attitude, and "let's give more teams chances to feel good about themselves", back to "EARN IT", it won't change anytime soon.
Go pikeville!!!!!! Road to final four (again)....