Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County Boys - 2011 Regional Champions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to Harlan County on winning last night's Boy's 2A Region 7 Championship at Johnson Central High School. They will be sending a total of 14 kids to compete in the state track meet next week in Louisville.

Leslie County won the girl's title.

Congrats to all the kids who competed, Eastern KY will be well represented at the state meet.
Congrats to the Black Bears.
Very nice track team. Great distance runners!

Congratulations!
Keepnitreal Wrote:Very nice track team. Great distance runners!

Congratulations!

Did I miss someone? I did not see anyone from LCC with top times in the distance races for the state meet.
Chase Cates a freshman was 3rd in both the mile and 2 mile.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Chase Cates a freshman was 3rd in both the mile and 2 mile.

He did not qualify for the state meet.
The HC boys swept all the qualifying spots in the distance races.
Blue_Blinker Wrote:The HC boys swept all the qualifying spots in the distance races.

Yes they did, I think I was looking at LCC instead of HC. The HC boys are ranked 23 and 24 in the 1600 out of 24 runners and about 21 and 23 in the 3200. I saw no HC girls in the distance events, this is what I watch the closest because my daughter is a distance runner. Should be an exciting meet tomorrow, hopefully the weather is not to bad!
I'm in Louisville now, it's raining and the skies are dark, and the forecast calls for an 80% chance of storms through the day. Hopefully they will be able to get the meet in without too many delays.

In regards to rankings, I know the two boys for HC have run much faster (by 9 seconds) in the mile earlier in the season, and the Middleton kid has run 15 seconds faster in the 2 mile than he did at region. Hopefully they'll be competetive at today's meet. We still have a ways to go in East Ky to catch up with the rest of the state in the entire sport of track and field.

sstack...if your daughter is running this weekend at state...good luck to her.

Good luck to all the kids. I'm hopeful Dakota brings a state title home to the mountains today.