Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jester-style boots trend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a trend in Mexican footwear that I hope never makes it to American soil. The Metro trains are already crowded enough without Mexicans wearing space-eating boots. I now feel a little less foolish for wearing bell-bottoms in the 70s.

[INDENT]
Quote:The jester-style boots that are no laughing matter: How Mexican men have embraced bizarre trend for pointed footwear

We last saw them on court jesters in Medieval England, but pointy-toed boots, it seems are making a major comeback in Mexico.

Young men have developed an obsession with the bold footwear, with toes so long, they are curled up in a giant spiral.

Cobblers in the farming town of Matehuala in northeastern Mexico, described how it was a single mystery customer that sparked the trend.

Now shoppers are competing for ever more outlandish variations.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...z1N2ahFUd4

[Image: article-1387604-0C14B6AD00000578-347_634x637.jpg]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...z1N2ZnZqpH
[/INDENT]
^Yep! They look REAL Badass in those pink boots that they stole from the Joker!!!!

What an Idiotic look...LMFAO!
Wow!! Those are ugly.

Those things are like a safety hazard. lol
^ I hope it does not make it to my favorite Mexican Restaurant
The points on the boots in the picture that I posted are relatively short. . Some Mexican men have worn boots that are longer than themselves.

I think there is some good material for a movie here. Maybe a sequel to The Three Amigos. :biggrin:
So it derives from African Tribal music????
Stardust Wrote:So it derives from African Tribal music????
Supposedly a blend of African tribal and Aztec music. According to the Youtube video, these boots are catching on in Texas too, especially in Dallas. So, they soon may be coming to your favorite Mexican restaurant and to my morning commute to work.
WOW! Those are rediculous!! How on earth did thodr become a fad, even if it is Mexico?! :yikes:
One word.......WOW.
I wonder if there easy to run in while running from the border patrol.lol
Stardust Wrote:^ I hope it does not make it to my favorite Mexican Restaurant

:Thumbs:
This would be a huge blow for my very unhealthy diet!