Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kevin Williams @ Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was at Walley World last night and ran into some Paintsville players, they said that Kevin turned in his stuff and quit the team at practice!!! Does anyone have any details to this. How do you think Paintsville will do without him?:CE_DP_Ste
New news to me Lazer, but I have heard he wants to play football in college....may have an offer waiting for him and doesn't want to risk injury.
I saw him playing a pickup game yesterday in the gym, which is a no no if your the team
well he is alot better football player than b-ball anyway good luck to him
good luck to what ever his choose is
Kevin, if you read this stuff, whatever your reason:football @ the next level, burn out, senioritis, or whatever, you're still one of my favorite players in any sport and I support you. I hate it that you will have to suffer the indignities of some small minds, but each day the sun will come up today & life will go on. If you play baseball, I wish you success (where ever Coach Howard plays you) and I hope it's fun!(actually I hope it's one of the very best times of your life !)
"SnakE" Wrote:Kevin, if you read this stuff, whatever your reason:football @ the next level, burn out, senioritis, or whatever, you're still one of my favorite players in any sport and I support you. I hate it that you will have to suffer the indignities of some small minds, but each day the sun will come up today & life will go on. If you play baseball, I wish you success (where ever Coach Howard plays you) and I hope it's fun!(actually I hope it's one of the very best times of your life !)
I echo your thoughts exactly Snake. This is just a terrible thing. A lot of people that post on these message boards should be a little more careful in what they post. I am sure that Kevin has read a lot of junk on here where he has gotten criticized and lot of blame has unjustly fallen on his shoulders. People have feelings and some people have just been outright cruel. Kevin is a very good basketball player, but he has very quietly let the ego maniacs have their day in the sun and let them receive the glory and let them score their precious points that is so important to them and just went out everyday and do his job on the basketball floor to the best of his ability. In fact most of the blame for a lot of Paintsville's inconsistencies can directly be pointed at some of the selfish me first attitudes by most of the Tiger starters, not just one of them. Sorry if that offends some of you people but that is just the plain truth. I have never seen more selfish egos and jealousy on one team in all my life.This just burns me up, and I feel that what I am saying needs to be said.

Good luck to you Kevin and the very best wishes in whatever you do. I know you have had a lot to overcome and deal with, and I know that you have given the very best effort that you poosibly can.

I know that I sound harsh, but this upsets me very very much. The Paintsville High School basketball team will miss Kevin Williams more than they can ever realize. It's a sad sad day at Paintsville High School in my opinion. To me the whole season is now a total loss. I dont care how many more games that we win, it just dont mean much to me right now.
Good luck in whatever he chooses to do....
Has anyone determined if this rumor is true?
It's true. Kevin left 5th period thursday and went and talked to JR Vanhoose about this and then he talked to Coach Runyon. I dont know what they talked about but Kevin has been talking about this for some while at school to his freinds. I would say that ROKHOUSE has hit the nail on the head for Kevin's reason's for quitting. But i am sure that i will find out monday at school. Best of luck to him in his future!!!
Wow this is a big shock to me, this will really hurt the team fr teh remainder of the season. SO does anyone know the real reason and if this is true.
Lazerman unless you have some evidence that this is true we need to becareful not to stir up trouble.
I will back Lazerman up. I talked to some people who play and they said that Kevin did infact quit yesterday before practice.
That will hurt Paintsville bad i believe
Hopefully, we'll see Kevin in a Pikeville College uniform in the fall.
This is very stunning news. Sad to hear Kevin is a great player and an even better person. But good luck to Kevin in the future and hopefully he will get a football scholarship. And this will be a huge loss for the Tigers.
It is sad to hear that Kevin left the team, and Paintsville will miss him more than what they think they will, a whole lot more.

I know that Kevin had a football tryout of some kind at UVA Wise today, but IDK how it went for him or if he even went. Hopefully he will be wearing the black and orange of Pikeville College next year, him and Wes Ward both.

Good Luck Eugene.
Huge blow to Paintsville. Anyone that thinks Kevin is not important to Paintsville, really has no clue. Kevin, if you read this, I hope you realize just how much I will miss you and how much the PHS fans and your teammates will miss you.

Good luck to you and I hope to see you in a Pikeville College uniform.
Good luck. Sports in high school are a way of getting your college paid for. I dont blame him for not playing basketball if his future college tells him not to play it. He did a good thing by looking at the big picture.
he was better at football
Best of luck to Kevin.
Wow that is a shock. Hopefully nothing too serious for him or his family. They have been through enough hard times already.
He should stick w/ football
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:It is sad to hear that Kevin left the team, and Paintsville will miss him more than what they think they will, a whole lot more.

I know that Kevin had a football tryout of some kind at UVA Wise today, but IDK how it went for him or if he even went. Hopefully he will be wearing the black and orange of Pikeville College next year, him and Wes Ward both.

Good Luck Eugene.

I agree Paintsville will miss himConfusedhh:
Sounds like it may not haave been any fun anymore. If so it's the right choice. when it's not fun and you don't enjoy it any longer, why suffer through it. In any case good luck Kevin in all you set out to do. Use your experience's and learn from them so you can pass wisdom along to others. Again good luck.
This is not a devastating blow to the Tigers, but it does resemble a speed bump. They will have to hit the brakes before they rev up for a post season run. This may not seem costly intially, but could be in the end.
He will be missed, they have no presence inside at all
Paintsville will have to rely on the 3 point shot and driving the lane ! They better hope they dont play JC in the district and if they go to region they better hope they dont run into Pburg or Pike Central or any other team in the region thats good inside !
This isn't any good for Paintsville...I wish that they could pull it together across the creek!!!
Williams rejoined the team.
Pages: 1 2