Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 6th-8th Grade Standouts (Little League to Junior League)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the best players coming up through Little League and Junior League?

I know that there are a few boys from Pikeville that are good: Houston Macanallen (spelling?) is very quick, can hit, and fields the ball well in the infield. There is a Huffman kid that isn't a bad pitcher at all.

From Belfry area I have seen Tyler Dotson who hits pretty well, and pitches pretty well. Robert T. Runyon is very strong now, dominates on the mound when his attitude is right, and hits decently. Matthew Blackburn is a 7th grader that is going to be a dandy catcher. He hits well and has a strong arm. A little beefy, but moves well--nothing a lil high school conditioning couldn't cure...lol

These are the only ppl I can remeber...I don't know many names and I didn't see many games, due to vacation and other reasons, but I'm sure there are more out there from Paintsville and Virgie and so on.....
Pikeville Babe Ruth League had some outstanding 8th graders playing last baseball season...
pikevilles program is not good at all its just a bunch of dads tryin to live their lives throu their sons its not a good progam at all
i never said the program was any good
all i said was that they had some good players...
sounds like the script to some bad movie.
Shelby Valley has a lot of talent in the sophmore and the freshman classes but i doubt hardly any of the play due to the coaches
Scott Macdonald(spelling) is a very talented 8th grader from Johns Creek.......but he will not be playing next year because his mother and father are holding him back because he would only be 13 as a freshman........but he is playing high school ball right now and starts second or short most games depending on who is pitching :twisted:
"ZAG" Wrote:Scott Macdonald(spelling) is a very talented 8th grader from Johns Creek.......but he will not be playing next year because his mother and father are holding him back because he would only be 13 as a freshman........but he is playing high school ball right now and starts second or short most games depending on who is pitching :twisted:
He is really good for his age...i got to see him play and i must say im impressed considering his age and who he is playing against!
From the paintsville area:

Taylor Smith-C Great arm and can hit the ball SOLID the kid's only 13

Austin Lyons-P/1B Great pitcher for his age (13) fairly weak hitter

Chase Richardson-P/1B Great hitter great hitter great ballplayer/ 14 yrs. old

Seth Rice-P/1B/3B-Good hitter decent pitcher and good fielder 13 yrs. old

Those are just a few...