Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 50 Greatest NBA Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
U ppl don't know what your talking about saying Robinson was better then Duncan, not in the same class.
1) Michael Jordan
2) Wilt Chamberlain
3) Magic Johnson
4) Larry Bird
5) Shaq O'Neal
6) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
7) Hakeem Olajuwon
8) Tim Duncan
9) Oscar Robinson
10) Julius Erving
11) John Havlicek
12) Karl Malone
13) Kobe Bryant
14) Bill Russell
15) Elgin Baylor

25) Lebron James
26) Dwyane Wade

30) Dirk Nowitzki

35) Jason Kidd

50) Steve Nash
ekff Wrote:U ppl don't know what your talking about saying Robinson was better then Duncan, not in the same class.

So WE are all wrong, and YOU, alone all by yourself, are rightConfusedhh:
Duncan is better than Robinson. BUT they do/did play different positions. Robinson was a Center, Duncan is a Power Forward.
LWC Wrote:Duncan is better than Robinson. BUT they do/did play different positions. Robinson was a Center, Duncan is a Power Forward.

I thought that Robinson played the four and Duncan played with his back to the basket, and always has. Tim always played a 4/5 and never truly was just a four.
Stardust Wrote:Tim Duncan is great, but Dr. J was not only great, he changed the game of basketball FOREVER! Dr. J inspired the generation of players starting with Michael Jordan, thus Julius trancends the game of basketball. Tim Duncan is top 3 Power Forwards to ever play the game, and after Bird is with Karl to argue for that spot. But when Dirk's career is over, Dirk will be #2 behind Larry.

I thought Bird was a SF?
ekff Wrote:U ppl don't know what your talking about saying Robinson was better then Duncan, not in the same class.

You don't know what you're talking about having Bill Russell at 15.
I really don't know how people can say Robinson was better than Duncan and I HATE Tim Duncan.
Stardust Wrote:So WE are all wrong, and YOU, alone all by yourself, are rightConfusedhh:

Well I guess all NBA writers are wrong, you since they get paid to know about the NBA..... I've never seen anyone put Robinson over Duncan.... Do u even watch or read about the NBA.
ekff Wrote:Duncan- more points, more rebounds, more blocks, more assist, more all-star games, more All-NBA teams, more All-defensive teams, more MVP's, and more rings.........................................

I just go back to this quote from EKFF to sum all of it up. Leads him in every single category
You guys got to remember this all opinion based, there is no right or wrong list.
On the Tim Duncan Argument, I have to side with ekff on this one. Duncan is probably my most hated player ever, but his list of accomplishments is impressive. He only won one of his championships with a superstar around him(Robinson, he was past his prime too). The others he won with good plays but no superstars(Manu and Parker are good players not great). Magic had Kareem, Bird had McHale, MJ had Scottie, Shaq had Kobe/Wade, Boston had the big 3, The Dream had Clyde. So usually it takes at least two superstars to win a championship. Duncan did not have the luxury. Kobe didn't the last two years either, Pau is good, definitely not an elite player though. Here's some of Kobe's career accomplishments as an argument that he is worthy to be in the top 10.
5 championships
2 finals MVP's
1 regular season MVP(should have been 3, he was ROBBED of the two Nash won)
1997 slam dunk champion
All Time leading scoring is Lakers history
13x all star
2x scoring champion
9x All NBA First team
2x All NBA Second team
2x All NBA Third team
9x All Defensive first team
4x All Star Game MVP
Scored 81 points against Toronto, second greatest scoring game ever.
5 60+ scoring games
24 50+ scoring games
107 40+ scoring games
6th on the all time scoring list and rising. IMO he will be at least at 3 before he retires.
3rd of the all time playoff scoring list.
Also remember before Kobe emerged as a great player, Shaq NEVER won a title in LA. It's not like Shaq won those three single handedly, Kobe was a big part of those tiles averaging 25+.
BUT to each his own opinion.
I found this interesting. Skip Bayless tweet, "Remember the recent SI.com poll: of 168 NBA players polled, not one said he would want LeBron James, 2-time MVP, taking the last shot."
Stardust Wrote:1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Russell
5. Oscar
6. Shaq
7. Magic
8. Bird
9. West
10. Baylor
11. Hakeem
12. Dr. J
13. Kobe
14. Moses
15. Havlichek

I can't go with guys from the era of the 50's and before. Just no legit way to compare them,. Russell and Wilt modernized the game. It's hard to justify that guys in the 50's and before could have been affective when the game turned to an inside game.

:Thumbs:

My Favorite All Time Player would be/always will be Michael Jordan.

My Favorite/Current:

1) Dirk
2) D. Rose
3) D. Wade
I know I didn't put Dwayne Wade and Dwight Howard in my top 50 but I think they both will be in the top 50, one day....
Pages: 1 2