Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Non-Wrestlemania PPV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not counting Wrestlemania, what is your favorite PPV ever? If you can't remember the year, at least post a match from it and who won.

I will start with Starrcade 1997. I'm sure it didn't have the greatest matches and one of the scheduled matches never happened. However, as a kid, I remember the build for that and how excited everyone got. I remember the buy-rates were pretty good and it was talked about a long time before and after it happened.

I will be trying to think of others, but that one sticks out because I remember talking about that more than any other PPV of my lifetime.
Starcade '96 has some of my most favorite matches

Starrcade (1986): Night of the Skywalkers took place on November 27, 1986 from the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina and The Omni in Atlanta, Georgia.
Tim Horner and Nelson Royal defeated Don and Rocky Kernodle
Hector Guerrero and Baron Von Raschke defeated Shaska Whatley and The Barbarian
Wahoo McDaniel defeated Rick Rude (with Paul Jones) in an Indian Strap match
Jimmy Valiant (with Big Mama) defeated Paul Jones in a Hair versus Hair match with Manny Fernandez locked in a cage
Tully Blanchard (with James J. Dillon) defeated Dusty Rhodes in a First Blood match to win the NWA World Television Championship
The Rock 'n' Roll Express defeated Ole Anderson and Arn Anderson in a Steel Cage match to retain the NWA World Tag Team Championship
Brad Armstrong fought Jimmy Garvin (with Precious) to a draw

The Russians (Krusher Khruschev and Ivan Koloff) defeated The Kansas Jayhawks (Bobby Jaggers and Dutch Mantel) in a No Disqualification Match to retain the NWA United States Tag Team Championship
Sam Houston defeated Bill Dundee by DQ to retain the NWA Central States Heavyweight Championship
Big Bubba Rogers (with Jim Cornette) defeated Ron Garvin in a Street Fight
The Road Warriors (with Paul Ellering) defeated The Midnight Express (with Jim Cornette and Big Bubba Rogers) in a Skywalkers match
The Road Warriors won the match by knocking Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey off of the scaffold.
After the match Ellering chased Cornette up the scaffold; this led to Cornette suffering a severe knee injury when he fell from the underside of the scaffold and Rogers, who was supposed to catch him, failed to do so. Cornette did not land properly and had to be carried out of the ring.
NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair and NWA United States Champion Nikita Koloff wrestled to a double disqualification.
Note: Magnum T.A. was originally scheduled to face Ric Flair at the event, but was left temporarily paralyzed and had to end his wrestling career as a result of a car accident, and Nikita Koloff, who was engaged in a feud with Ronnie Garvin, turned face as a result and took Magnum T.A.'s place.
Summerslam 2002, just a ridiculous card from top to bottom.

Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle

Ric Flair vs. Chris Jericho

Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge

The Un-Americans vs. Goldust & Booker T

Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Benoit

Test vs. The Undertaker

Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H

Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock
Those do sound great. I have to add the Royal Rumble that had Angle vs. Benoit, I can't remember the year off the top of my head. That plus the battle-royal is enough for me, lol.