Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Don Daniel out at Somerset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don Daniel has been removed as Somerset's basketball coach after 3 losing seasons. Any word on a possible replacement?
are they playing Estill this year? I know last year we played them down there and I had heard that we were playing them this year up here but nothing confirmed
I am hearing Jeff Cothran will be hired

But Dave Schulz, Chris Adkins, Darry Burkett would also be good.
I hate to see anyone lose a job in this day. Best wishes and good luck to Coach Daniels.
It was kind of a shock to see him let go so long after the season. I've heard Jeff Cothron is the main target.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I am hearing Jeff Cothran will be hired

But Dave Schulz, Chris Adkins, Darry Burkett would also be good.

I can't see Dave Schulz wearing purple and gold but then again anything is possible...

I heard that Darry Burkett was the leading canidate for the Casey Co job.
Darry would be a great hire for Casey County. He is an outstanding coach. But he would have made somerset a good coach also.
Has Darry interviewed at Casey yet, one woud think with his son at Somerset High already that they might give him a look, where did Darry coach last year?

Casey will probably hire before Somerset, should make it interesting.
Just wondering if Thacker or Jordan Mann is available.
Wire Wrote:Just wondering if Thacker or Jordan Mann is available.

Thacker is the State Runner-up....Why would he be free? Rowan County isn't going to let him go. Jordan Mann on the other hand might be interested.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Thacker is the State Runner-up....Why would he be free? Rowan County isn't going to let him go. Jordan Mann on the other hand might be interested.

Put enough incentive on the table and anyone is available. I don't think Somerset will do that as they would have to eat crow for letting Thacker get away...... Jordan Mann would be a great choice.
It ain't over til its over. New development in this scenario. Hang on a couple of days and you will see.
Im hearing the Daniels will still be the coach at SHS. Seems Tucker didnt get what he was seeking..... OH BOY
Yeah, Daniel is back at Somerset now for at least one more season.
Basketball Guru Wrote:It ain't over til its over. New development in this scenario. Hang on a couple of days and you will see.

Told you guys it ain't over til its over. Had nothing to do with Thacker. Coach Daniel had a contract for this coming year, AD just jumped the gun before he had all the ducks in a row.
Basketball Guru Wrote:Told you guys it ain't over til its over. Had nothing to do with Thacker. Coach Daniel had a contract for this coming year, AD just jumped the gun before he had all the ducks in a row.

AD must be a nut, to put Coach Daniel in this position (obviously he doesn't have his AD's support).... maybe the AD needs to go!!!
Wire Wrote:AD must be a nut, to put Coach Daniel in this position (obviously he doesn't have his AD's support).... maybe the AD needs to go!!!

:please:You might be right. Should have known if his coach already had a contract.
^ I Don't know the full situation, but I tend to agree with you on this
Basketball Guru Wrote:Told you guys it ain't over til its over. Had nothing to do with Thacker. Coach Daniel had a contract for this coming year, AD just jumped the gun before he had all the ducks in a row.

You didnt tell me anything.... I just couldnt post as fast as you did. Guess we were both talking to the same ppl. :Thumbs:
rumors tend to fade and facts usually stay