Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Freshman Tournament in 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do you think will win the 14th region Freshman Tourney? I think that either Owsley or Powell will win. But, today I think I will go with Owsley, their JV team starters are all freshman, so its nothing harder for them. So, I say Owsley County! :#1:

Who do YOU think will win??
Owsley County of course! I agree, all JV starters are freshman, so there's no big change. The only player that they will lose is Myra Thomas who is a sophmore...she is the 6th man. I believe they will do great and that if they want it bad enough, they can win both games in the first half...they have that potential. Each one of the freshman starters are great athletes and have played together forever. You've just got to believe in yourself and give it all you've got. You can't give up before the game even starts. Good luck Lady Owls freshman! Cut down the nets!:champ:
Owsley has a very good chance of winning it, in my opinion.
my bet is on Owsley, look at there team. if they want this win bad enough they could stick it to any team that wants to mess with them. all of their starters who have done so well against, powell, lee, and estill. the best part is that their whole jv starting line up is starters. they have a pretty good bench too so, other counties better look out. the owls are coming in and they are not going out without a fight, they will stop at nothing until they win!!!!!
When is this tournament? Is Knott Central in it? KCC can have a good frshman team if the coach plays all of the freshman that play a lot of varsity and start JV.
Is this the 56th distict tournament?
the teams in this tournament are lee, owsley, estill, and powell. the date has not been scelduled yet but they are going to draw to see who plays who.

this tournament is going to be interesting, last i heard owsley county is going for the win!

Good luck to all teams
oh yeah it is the freshman tournament not the 56th district
I haven't seen Powell, Lee, or Estil's Freshmen teams. However, these girls from Owsley know how to work together. They make up almost all of the JV team here. Good bunch of girls, great athletes and better sportsmanship. I'm going with Owsley.
"callmeclutch" Wrote:When is this tournament? Is Knott Central in it? KCC can have a good frshman team if the coach plays all of the freshman that play a lot of varsity and start JV.

Confusedecret: Nope...KCC are not in the same district, so these teams, "Owsley, Lee, Estill, Powell," play. Too bad though, it would make it all the more interesting. :fight:
Owsley county or powell county will win the freashman tournamentin the 14 region.:wenumber1
i vote owls they have a good jv team which is basically all freshman.Their only threat is powell.I think the Lady Owls will be cutting down the nets this year.I mean these girls have played together for basically forever, and they know how each other play, and what their strengths and weaknesses are.So i say if they dont draw each other the Lady Owls and the Lady Pirates will probably play each other in the finals .Good luck to the Lady Owls Freshman team.Bring a freshmen Trophy to OCHS GO LADY OWLS
i don't thinbk that lee has enough players to make a freshman team.....lol.....they are a little short of players
The Freshman Tourney has been rescheduled from this Saturday, the 11th, they havent set another date for as of now.:wieghts: _
Now, no one knows who will play until the game is already started. That was uncalled for. Anyone has an opportunity to stand up and help there team. Shortowl could easily come in and be the MVP. No one knows for sure. We'll just have to see. Good luck, though, lady owls. I know you have it in ya'. Pull the win. Bring a big W home.
I can only think of, I believe 3 freshmans from Lee County. I'm not sure how good they will be together. Their freshman team will be losing there 2 best players on JV. With these two players Owsley County still seemed to beat them ( Owsley County having ALL freshman starters.) Due to Powell, if I am not mistaken, their center for varsity is just an 8th grader, so she would qualify to play in the tournament. Not too long ago, though, I heard that she had an injury, and probably will not play the rest of the season. This injury more than likely will kick her out of playing in this tournament. They will still have their JV point guard playing for them and she has great potential. The rest of the JV starters are sophmores or over, I do believe. I have no clue about Estill's freshman team, I DO know that hardly any of their Jv starters are freshman, if there ARE any freshman starters. Owsley County had a down game when they played them at home..they lost it. But I do think that if they played the way they are capable of playing they could have won by 10+. Owsley has some great Freshman athletes, but they are just now starting to get everything back together. They started their JV season out nice with a win against Wolfe and some more wins here in there. They had a lose to Perry Central and it brought them down. Since this game they lost 3 in a roll if I am not mistaken. When they started playing as a team again, they pulled a win at Lee and a win against Jackson County. I believe that they are back again and ready to play. There is no doubt in my mind that Owsley will win this tournament. Come on Owls.:Cheerlead
Now Yankee fan, your crap needs to stop....you have made several uncalled for remarks on here, How old are you? Couldnt be more than eight. I'm sure they have other chatlines for little rude kids to talk on. This is a sports site, strictly for sports, read the rules, no downgrading or putting other people down like that.....I think the moderators need to keep an eye on you, your becoming to be a pain, I dont know what beef you got with these young girls, but you need to grow up and think carefully before you post, try not to post things just to hurt peoples feelings...be nice... thank YOU! Confusedhh:
Yankee Fan just drop it. But Lee has 1 freshman. montana hobbs. All the rest are 8th and 7th graders.
Great news...they rescheduled the Freshman Tournament. Owsley will play Lee Co. on Wednesday the 14th of Febuary. I dont know how many girls will play from Lee County in this tournament, but I know that there are 7 freshman from Owsley, and one 8th grader. So...lets see how this one goes!!! Good luck Owsley County, lets pull this win!!!! :Cheerlead GO OWLS!!!! :thumb:
15th of Feb. owsley/lee @ 7...Estill/Powell 6?????
Lee may have 5 or 6 girls playing if they go.
"queenballer" Wrote:Now Yankee fan, your crap needs to stop....you have made several uncalled for remarks on here, How old are you? Couldnt be more than eight. I'm sure they have other chatlines for little rude kids to talk on. This is a sports site, strictly for sports, read the rules, no downgrading or putting other people down like that.....I think the moderators need to keep an eye on you, your becoming to be a pain, I dont know what beef you got with these young girls, but you need to grow up and think carefully before you post, try not to post things just to hurt peoples feelings...be nice... thank YOU! Confusedhh:
Congratulations queenballer you finally hit it on the nail. I think that Yankee Fan should try backing him/herself up on the court against someone his/her own size. Now, stop the downgrading.
"twinhoops44" Wrote:I can only think of, I believe 3 freshmans from Lee County. I'm not sure how good they will be together. Their freshman team will be losing there 2 best players on JV. With these two players Owsley County still seemed to beat them ( Owsley County having ALL freshman starters.) Due to Powell, if I am not mistaken, their center for varsity is just an 8th grader, so she would qualify to play in the tournament. Not too long ago, though, I heard that she had an injury, and probably will not play the rest of the season. This injury more than likely will kick her out of playing in this tournament. They will still have their JV point guard playing for them and she has great potential. The rest of the JV starters are sophmores or over, I do believe. I have no clue about Estill's freshman team, I DO know that hardly any of their Jv starters are freshman, if there ARE any freshman starters. Owsley County had a down game when they played them at home..they lost it. But I do think that if they played the way they are capable of playing they could have won by 10+. Owsley has some great Freshman athletes, but they are just now starting to get everything back together. They started their JV season out nice with a win against Wolfe and some more wins here in there. They had a lose to Perry Central and it brought them down. Since this game they lost 3 in a roll if I am not mistaken. When they started playing as a team again, they pulled a win at Lee and a win against Jackson County. I believe that they are back again and ready to play. There is no doubt in my mind that Owsley will win this tournament. Come on Owls.:Cheerlead

I completely agree 100%. First off, Lee County did lose 2 very good players for playin in this tournament due to the fact that they are sophmores and this is a freshman tournament. Owsley's JV beat Lee County twice already. Powell county, on the other hand, have a really good team. Owsley didnt play them well at all at home but played much better at Powell's home with a very small loss. If their Center player really is out with an injury, I think that Owsley will have no problem playing them if they play with all of their potential and put their strenghts into action. Just gotta watch that point guard, I agree twinhoops she has potential! I, also, don't know very much about Estill County, but I'm still betting that Powell will beat them out in the first round leaving Owsley to play Powell. (In my opinion.) Owsley did have that bad losing streak after playing PCC with 3 games in a row, but they came back with two tough wins against Lee and Jackson...now that's saying something. Owsley has all freshman starters, you have to remember that, so they arent losing a single starter. Their point guard #00 is an 8th grader...and there are 3 more freshmen on the bench. So, twinhoops, you pretty much said it all. I think that Owsley will definently win this tournament. They just are going to have to step it up and play like they know they can and...that will be it. They will pull the win! Go Lady Owls Freshmen Team!!! :champ: Lets win this tournament!
Whoever wins this tourney....will have to work extremely hard, if Owsley wins, they will have to play a very good game, work as a team, and never give up..lets go ladiessss!!:Cheerlead
Well I want to wish the LADY OWLS good luck in the Freshman Tournament. They are the favorite going into the tournament. I've seen them play many games this year and they are a close group of girls. LADY OWLS, may the force be with you!
The tournament starts tomorrow...Owsley v/s Lee...can't wait for this game. Let's go Lady Owls...we can do this! :fight:
I will be at this game, I'm looking forward to seeing who the stronger team is? Tomorrow will show heart, guts, and determination, I'm leaning towards the Lady Owls, if they show up ready to play, wanting it, then no doubt they will take it home. :yesno:
I think it will come down to Powell and Owsley. This will be a close game, but I'll go with Owsley. They have a tough freshman team.
Powell has 1 sophomore starter and she doesnt help out that much maybe 5 a night or so. its a shame that the 2 best freshman teams in the region are in the same district. they who ever wins the 56th will win the region.
Pages: 1 2