Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NBA announces all-defensive teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Celtics forward Kevin Garnett and Lakers guard Kobe Bryant have been selected to the NBA all-defensive first team for a record-tying ninth time.

Garnett and Bryant were joined by Magic center Dwight Howard, who has won the past three Defensive Player of the Year awards and received the most points Monday.

Also selected for the first team were Heat forward LeBron James and Celtics guard Rajon Rondo.

Garnett and Bryant tied Michael Jordan and Gary Payton for the most selections in NBA history.

The league's coaches vote on the team.

The second team has Grizzlies guard Tony Allen, Hornets guard Chris Paul, Mavericks center Tyson Chandler, 76ers forward Andre Iguodala and Bulls forward-center Joakim Noah

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6516619
I like the selections personally.
I don't agree with Lebron getting on the team. I know I'll get a lot of heat for saying that. But it's just my opinion.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I don't agree with Lebron getting on the team. I know I'll get a lot of heat for saying that. But it's just my opinion.

I agree with you, I don't think he should be on here! On the other hand, I am glad to see Rondo on here!!
Kobe or Lebron shouldn't be on this team..... I know Artest isn't same as he was but he still guards Lebron, KD, etc.... Tony Allen, or Battier could easily be on the team... I think Paul Pierce plays better D then Lebron or Kobe...

I know, Lebron and Kobe are great but shouldn't be on All-Def. 1st team....
All-Defensive Second Team

G- Tony Allen
G- Chris Paul
C- Tyson Chandler
F- Andre Iguodala
F- Joakim Noah
I would almost take the 2nd team over the 1st, defensively, if it wasn't for Howard.
JUST MY OPINION

First Team:

G- Rajon Rondo
G- Tony Allen
C- Dwight Howar
F- Ron Artest
F- Kevin Garnett

Second Team:

G- Chris Paul
G- Paul Pierce
C- Tyson Chandler
F- Grant Hill
F- Josh Smith

Third Team:

G- Dwayne Wade
G- Kobe Bryant
C- Kendrick Perkins
F- Luol Dang
F- Tim Duncan
ekff Wrote:JUST MY OPINION

First Team:

G- Rajon Rondo
G- Tony Allen
C- Dwight Howar
F- Ron Artest
F- Kevin Garnett

Second Team:

G- Chris Paul
G- Paul Pierce
C- Tyson Chandler
F- Grant Hill
F- Josh Smith

Third Team:

G- Dwayne Wade
G- Kobe Bryant
C- Kendrick Perkins
F- Luol Dang
F- Tim Duncan

First team looks great!
^ I had to give Grant Hill some love, since he's the only player on his team that plays D.
ekff Wrote:^ I had to give Grant Hill some love, since he's the only player on his team that plays D.

I was gonna say you had too many older guys, but many of the newer plays wont play much D, so guys like Timmy, Grant, etc... have to stay, because they at least know how to and they try.
I forgot about Pierce and his defense, I would rather see him on the team than LeBron.
LWC Wrote:I was gonna say you had too many older guys, but many of the newer plays wont play much D, so guys like Timmy, Grant, etc... have to stay, because they at least know how to and they try.

Playing D is all about WANTING TOO... All NBA players have the ability to play D...

Grant Hill in the 90's was a scorer, and now he's half the player he was but he wants to still play in the NBA, so he gets after it on D...
ekff Wrote:Playing D is all about WANTING TOO... All NBA players have the ability to play D...

Grant Hill in the 90's was a scorer, and now he's half the player he was but he wants to still play in the NBA, so he gets after it on D...

I 90% agree with that. There are certain players that are more skilled defenders than others though and there are certain skills that a player can learn in defending.
Kobe and Lebron got on the first team based on reputation alone.
I actually do agree with ekff's defensive teams. IMO Tony Allen is the best perimeter defender in the league. The guy gives players like Kobe, Lebron, and Durrant problems. Artest still gets after it but he's lost a lot of his lateral quickness the last few years.
Aslan Wrote:Kobe and Lebron got on the first team based on reputation alone.
I actually do agree with ekff's defensive teams. IMO Tony Allen is the best perimeter defender in the league. The guy gives players like Kobe, Lebron, and Durrant problems. Artest still gets after it but he's lost a lot of his lateral quickness the last few years.

Exactly!!!:Thumbs:
Well deserved for Lebron. He is very underrated as a defender