Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best BasketBall Movie Of All Time....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My pics would have to be
1.hoosiers
2.blue chips
Hoosiers would be good. As of right now, I'm really wanting to see Glory Road because it looks quite promising.
I really liked Love & Basketball. Just an all around good movie I thought. But I agree with you Tek, I wanna see Glory Road.
"Tek32" Wrote:Hoosiers would be good. As of right now, I'm really wanting to see Glory Road because it looks quite promising.
Yeah i went to go see it and it was sold out so i had to settle for Evolution
Did you know that U.K. and Coach Rupp are the big team they win over? I have not seen the movie it just comes from history. I think it's all because the admisistration wouldnt let Rupp put any African Americans on U.K.'s team and the Texas team was made up of African Americans.
1. Hooser
2. Glory Road
3. Blue Chips
I agree with the "Hoosiers" and "Blue Chips". It just depends on the mood I am in as to which is the best at the time.
Coach Carter

I'm not going to watch glory road because it makes a mockery of Kentucky Basketball, making them the "bad guys" and stuff. I've talked to people that have seen it and they said it makes UK (and adolph rupp) look really bad.
So as a true blue UK fan, i'm not paying to see that stuff.

and yes i know adolph was somewhat racist, but from what i understand, they magnify that part of him to an unecessary degree.
Is there any other basketball besides Hoosiers?
"acoustic_andrew" Wrote:Coach Carter

I'm not going to watch glory road because it makes a mockery of Kentucky Basketball, making them the "bad guys" and stuff. I've talked to people that have seen it and they said it makes UK (and adolph rupp) look really bad.

and yes i know adolph was somewhat racist, but from what i understand, they magnify that part of him to an unecessary degree.
Coach Carter doesnt even compare to other good sports movies like hooser and blue chips....
1. Like Mike
"acoustic_andrew" Wrote:Coach Carter

You couldn't be anymore wrong...Glory Road done a great job of portraying Coach Rupp, and even the players of the 66' team said they done a great job with it...So the people you talked to are quite wrong, because it doesn't make UK look bad, or Rupp....They done zero magnification of Rupp's racism as he makes zero comments about black players in the film....Great movie, and this is coming from a real true blue UK fan...:watch:
I have to go with Love and Basketball. Thats one of my all time favorite basketball movies and just one of my all time favorite movies.
i apologize alfus, i have not seen the film (and still wish not to) but obviously you have so i completely believe what you say about it.
i was just going on what adolph's son said about it.
i still won't see it, but it probably wasn't my place to comment on a movie i havent seen...
1. Glory Road
2. Hoosiers
3. Love and Basketball
Space Jam was quite a classic!!! hah
1. He Got Game
2. Hoosiers
3. Blue Chips
4. Love & Basketball
5. "O"
Hoosiers but Glory Road could be good, haven't seen it yet
haha SPACE JAM!!! best kids sports movie ever....plus it's got wayne knight in it so you can't go wrong.
1) The Pistol, The Birth of a Legend
2) Hoosiers
3) Coach Carter
1. Hoosiers
2. Heaven is a playground
3. White Men Can't Jump
4. Coach Carter
5. He Got Game
6. Above the Rim
Coach Carter
Air Bud lol
6th man is a good movie
Hoosiers.

It's a ritual in our family. Every year right before season starts- we pull it out and watch it. Around Christmas- Walmart had a DVD set - Hoosiers and the acutal game the movie was based on. Pretty neat to watch.
yeah definitely, it has to be Hoosiers. Nothing else compares to that one. That is one of the top 3 sports movies ever
Glory Road
Coach Carter or Glory Road...
coach carter
They actually made movies before the year 2000. Try these if you want a good laugh.

1. The Fish That Saved Pittsburg - Dr. J as Moses Guthrie uses the zodic to win a championship
2. Fast Break - Gabe Kaplan and Bernard King hustle pool to get a game with Nevada State
Pages: 1 2