Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bishop Brossart 9 Prestonsburg 1 (All "A" State Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Whitaker Bank. The Blackcats get no hit.

Congrats on a good run.
:thumpsup: They are improving, despite the score. I agree, good run, Blackcats.
Nice run Blackcats! At least now you know what it's like! A memory that will never leave you! BIG CONGRATS to Coach Simpson!! Good Job Buddy!
Dylan Embs of Brossart threw a complete game / no-hitter in this game. Walk and throwing error by Mustang catcher Tanner Norton set-up the run that P-Burg scored.
LEXINGTON - It was quite a day on Saturday for Brossart senior baseball player Dylan Embs, first on the mound and then at the plate.

Getting a rare pitching start in Saturday's Touchstone Energy All "A" Classic state quarterfinal game against Prestonsburg, Embs tossed a no-hitter as the Mustangs rolled to a 9-1 win at Whitaker Bank Park.

Then in a semifinal against Glasgow, Embs belted a two-run homer to cap a three-run second inning in a 7-1 Brossart victory.

Brossart (19-6), which has won seven straight games and 10 of its past 11, will play Christian Academy-Louisville in today's title game at 12:30 p.m.

CAL (19-8) advanced with a 10-6 semifinal win late Saturday over Newport Central Catholic, which had knocked off Reidland 4-3 in the quarterfinals. NewCath senior pitcher Vance Sullivan was roughed up for 10 runs in 31/3 innings, although only eight were earned.

CAL defeated Hazard 20-0 in the quarterfinals as the Centurions pounded out 17 hits in five innings.

Embs, who had started just two games on the mound this season but was coming off a stellar relief outing on Thursday against Scott, said he didn't know he was getting the start Saturday until after the team finished breakfast.

"I wasn't even in the right frame of mind to pitch, really, but when they told me I was like, 'Yeah, sure, I can do it,' " said Embs, who walked one, struck out seven and threw only 79 pitches. "I noticed around the fourth or fifth inning that I had a no-hitter going, but I tried not to think about it. I was more worried about us getting the win."

Brossart coach Matt Grosser said he started Embs not only because he was trying to set up his pitching staff for the tournament, but also because of Embs' strong performances against Scott and in previous starts.
http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...105080371/
The good news of Saturday was NCC getting shellacked!
The Blackcats made a heckuva run in the All-A, would've loved to have seen them keep going.

Congrats BB!

Keep working hard Blackcats!
Wideleft01 Wrote:The good news of Saturday was NCC getting shellacked!

Lol, only you
Congrats BB on the win. But congrats to the Blackcats on a great run. You represented the 15th well!!
One of the Pburg players thanked the Panther players, after the loss to Pikeville last week, for throwing them batting practice. Well, I guess it didnt do them any good. Karma has a way of biting you in the behind. I thought they would have at least been competitive, however playing in that atmosphere probably overwhelmed them a little.
Commanche Wrote:One of the Pburg players thanked the Panther players, after the loss to Pikeville last week, for throwing them batting practice. Well, I guess it didnt do them any good. Karma has a way of biting you in the behind. I thought they would have at least been competitive, however playing in that atmosphere probably overwhelmed them a little.
Really? Was that said in seriousness? If so, you are right, that was a little dose of karma. Irregardless, glad they got a taste of the big stage, it will only help the competitiveness overall of the region.
PHSForever Wrote:Really? Was that said in seriousness? If so, you are right, that was a little dose of karma. Irregardless, glad they got a taste of the big stage, it will only help the competitiveness overall of the region.

Really according to the players and coaches, they told them good luck and he told them the same while they were at home over the weekend. Then the batting practice comment ensued.
Congrats Blackcats!!! Keep working hard you still have the post season.
Commanche Wrote:Really according to the players and coaches, they told them good luck and he told them the same while they were at home over the weekend. Then the batting practice comment ensued.

Ouch. Hope he has learned to keep his mouth shut now. Ahh, youth learns the hard way. :biggrin: