Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mavericks 98 - Lakers 92 (Western Conference Game 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :Clap: :Clap: :Cheerlead :Cheerlead TongueirateSho TongueirateSho:rockon: :rockon:

Mavs lead Series 3-0

Costly Turnover by Fisher there at the End

I believe the Lakers Season will come to an End Sunday

Game 4 - Sunday 3:30 pm ABC
The Lakers execution down the stretch was pathetic. Everything that could go wrong did. Kobe did pass Shaq for 3rd place on the playoffs scoring list.
End of an era is potential near.
Get the brooms ready!!
Aslan Wrote:The Lakers execution down the stretch was pathetic. Everything that could go wrong did. Kobe did pass Shaq for 3rd place on the playoffs scoring list.
End of an era is potential near.

This was actually a pretty good game to watch, until Jason Terry hit that 3 from the Corner late in the game then the Mavs just took over from there
Man most of the time when the Lakers lose I'm happy, but I just hate the Mavs so much it's hard to enjoy this.....
Wow..lol
Mr. Clutch and company once again folded like a cheap card table in the 4th quarter of a winnable game, blowing a 7-point lead with just over 5 minutes to play. Kobe had 4 points in the 4th quarter last night - following up his last 4th quarter no show, in which he scored a whopping 5 points at crunch time.
Down 3 LA is done
Jason Terry was the killer last night. This is the same kid that beat the Wildcats with those same kind of shots in the '97 championship. I didn't realize how old he was, but he's still got game.
As bad as I hate to say this but it looks like Dirk is sick of losing in the playoffs. This is Dirk's best playoffs ever, he's finally playing like a superstar in the playoffs.
NO SWEEP WILL HAPPEN, but the Lakers will lose in game 6 in Dallas.
1st time ever Phil Jackson has been down 3-0 in a series.
Has Kobe lost his edge?
It is tough to see the Lakers go down like this, but I'll say it finally, they are done.
Good luck to the Mavericks in these playoffs, especially J-Kidd, Dirk, Stojakavic, and Marion, guys who have been so good and never won a title.
itzAmazing Wrote:It is tough to see the Lakers go down like this, but I'll say it finally, they are done.
Good luck to the Mavericks in these playoffs, especially J-Kidd, Dirk, Stojakavic, and Marion, guys who have been so good and never won a title.

:Thumbs: If the Heat weren't still in it, I'd be rooting hard for the Mavs!
Yeah, I really want this for Peja! Played his heart out for the Kings, and missed a BIG shot in game 7 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals. It wouldn't make me mad to see him get a ring, then again, Mike Bibby is a member of the Heat, etc....
The Lakers will make history and be the first team to comeback from 0-3.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEP TIME.
WOW, the Lakers look pathetic right now. Might as well put the pad lock on it. Kobe can go ahead and retire so he can quit being the topic of discussion on here. Man its great to see the lakers down 3-0, but its not ove yet.....
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Mr. Clutch and company once again folded like a cheap card table in the 4th quarter of a winnable game, blowing a 7-point lead with just over 5 minutes to play. Kobe had 4 points in the 4th quarter last night - following up his last 4th quarter no show, in which he scored a whopping 5 points at crunch time.

It's funny, whenever Kobe has a bad game you don't hesitate to talk about it. But when he has a good game, you're nowhere to been seen in the pro forum.
Aslan Wrote:It's funny, whenever Kobe has a bad game you don't hesitate to talk about it. But when he has a good game, you're nowhere to been seen in the pro forum.
What is funny is Kobe's pathetic performance at crunch time in the playoffs this season and his biggest fans continuing to insist that LBJ chokes with the game on the line. :biggrin:

BTW, if you do some searching, you will find a few posts (not many, I admit) in which I have given credit to Kobe for playing well. The difference between us is that I don't equate squeezing off a lot of shots and putting a lot of points on the board with a good game. Kobe, like any good player, is at his best when he plays unselfishly, lets the game come to him, and makes his teammates better in the process.

If you could transplant the personality of Magic Johnson or Steve Nash into Kobe's head, you might have the best basketball player of all time. Stuck with his own brain, Kobe is nowhere near the best player of all time or even the best player of his own time.

As for my criticism of Kobe - there are plenty of Kobe fans rushing to create and update Lakers threads after he has a big scoring game. I just show up to provide a little bit of balance when he plays poorly - which is happening more frequently lately.
The Lakers played a good game in this one with a few exceptions.
The biggest one in my opinion is how they handled the Mavericks' screens and got out on the shooters.
When Peja, Jason Terry, Kidd, and Dirk are given wide open looks every other play....
you're going to get burned.
The Lakers scored on nearly every possession late in this one, but they traded 2's for 3's and that allowed the Mavs to chip into that lead really quickly.

I won't say it's over until it's over....
but I can feel it coming lol

When the Suns came back on the Lakers in the post-Shaq and pre-Gasol era, Raja Bell was suspended for game 5 and the Suns were down 3-1. They won the game without him and that sparked the Suns into running the table on the Lakers.
I thought we could be looking at that same thing with Ron out of the game, but they blew it again.
If the Lakers want to beat the Mavs they need to blow them out....
they can't close out a close one with them.
No one on the Lakers, and maybe no one in the league can guard Dirk.
zaga_fan Wrote:The Lakers played a good game in this one with a few exceptions.
The biggest one in my opinion is how they handled the Mavericks' screens and got out on the shooters.
When Peja, Jason Terry, Kidd, and Dirk are given wide open looks every other play....
you're going to get burned.
The Lakers scored on nearly every possession late in this one, but they traded 2's for 3's and that allowed the Mavs to chip into that lead really quickly.

I won't say it's over until it's over....
but I can feel it coming lol

When the Suns came back on the Lakers in the post-Shaq and pre-Gasol era, Raja Bell was suspended for game 5 and the Suns were down 3-1. They won the game without him and that sparked the Suns into running the table on the Lakers.
I thought we could be looking at that same thing with Ron out of the game, but they blew it again.
If the Lakers want to beat the Mavs they need to blow them out....
they can't close out a close one with them.
No one on the Lakers, and maybe no one in the league can guard Dirk.
I agree with you on the bolded, Zaga_Fan. When a seven-footer is hitting 3s and fade away jumpers the way he has been, nobody can guard him once the ball is in his hands. The way Nowitzki is playing right now offensively reminds me of Olajuwon at his peak, but Olajuwon lacked Nowitzki's range and was probably a couple inches shorter.
Aslan Wrote:It's funny, whenever Kobe has a bad game you don't hesitate to talk about it. But when he has a good game, you're nowhere to been seen in the pro forum.

Make that 2 bad games!
It is OVA for the Lakers! The brooms will be out in full force for the next game and I look for Dallas to sweep them at home!!
I am Loving This Smile
Aslan Wrote:The Lakers will make history and be the first team to comeback from 0-3.

:thatsfunn

1 bad game..... 3 in a row.... Kobe has got to understand HE'S NOT THE BEST PLAYER ON THE COURT RIGHT NOW..... Players get old it happens!!!! Kobe needs to turn into a player maker, he's not the scorer anymore.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What is funny is Kobe's pathetic performance at crunch time in the playoffs this season and his biggest fans continuing to insist that LBJ chokes with the game on the line. :biggrin:

BTW, if you do some searching, you will find a few posts (not many, I admit) in which I have given credit to Kobe for playing well. The difference between us is that I don't equate squeezing off a lot of shots and putting a lot of points on the board with a good game. Kobe, like any good player, is at his best when he plays unselfishly, lets the game come to him, and makes his teammates better in the process.

If you could transplant the personality of Magic Johnson or Steve Nash into Kobe's head, you might have the best basketball player of all time. Stuck with his own brain, Kobe is nowhere near the best player of all time or even the best player of his own time.

As for my criticism of Kobe - there are plenty of Kobe fans rushing to create and update Lakers threads after he has a big scoring game. I just show up to provide a little bit of balance when he plays poorly - which is happening more frequently lately.
Lebron has choked more games this year than Kobe has his entire career(exaggerating, but Lebron has choked a lot)! The Heat were 1-18 in close games(don't know the exact time and score difference of the stat). You know Lechoke shot most the shots in the closing seconds, Wade a few times, Bosh never, lol.
I'm not saying that you haven't because I do believe you, but I've never seen you give Kobe his due credit.
ekff Wrote:1 bad game..... 3 in a row.... Kobe has got to understand HE'S NOT THE BEST PLAYER ON THE COURT RIGHT NOW..... Players get old it happens!!!! Kobe needs to turn into a player maker, he's not the scorer anymore.

I agree with this somewhat. I think he can be a great scorer every 3-4 games, but he can't bring it every night like he used to.
^ Yeah it's just a part of life... But the Lakers still have some great talent to build with the 2 or 3 years.. (Bynum and Brown).... I think Brown could be a nice player for the Lakers over the next few years as Kobe draws to the end....