Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Christian Ordeal...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First post in the new Pro Wrestling forum.

Thank you fellas, for this.

Anyways, incase you haven't heard Christian won the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rule and then on Tuesday at the Smackdown tapings that aired tonight, Randy Orton defeated Christian to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

This sparked outrage amongst fans across the world.

So how do you guys feel about this...good move, bad move?
J-Rod Wrote:First post in the new Pro Wrestling forum.

Thank you fellas, for this.

Anyways, incase you haven't heard Christian won the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rule and then on Tuesday at the Smackdown tapings that aired tonight, Randy Orton defeated Christian to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

This sparked outrage amongst fans across the world.

So how do you guys feel about this...good move, bad move?

It's A Bad Move. A Guy waits 17 Years to get the Title, holds it not even 48 Hours then loses it. Ridiculous
Its all about the green.. The only reason he won the belt was because of edge having to retire and Vince smelled a lot of money if Christan won the belt and having edge come out to congratulate him, on which he did, The reason orton was moved over to SD was to be the big time money replacement for edge. Don't get me wrong I would have liked to seen Christan keep the belt for awhile, But he is not a top card guy that can bring the money in unlike Randy. Randy is the center of SD and it will revolve around him and him being the top dog on the show.
I think this actually says it best

"Additionally, we were told that Christian's title win at Extreme Rules was done not so much as a "well deserved win for Christian," but much more so that a big moment could be made for Edge at the PPV. "Vince [McMahon] could smell, touch and taste a moment between Edge and Christian celebrating on PPV, and that's the major reason why Christian was awarded the title." This dispels any conspiracy theories that Christian was awarded the title to keep it on Smackdown, as we were told it would have been very easy for WWE to throw a third party into the Extreme Rules match which would have kept the title off Christian and still on Smackdown.
"
It's professional wrestling, the amount of time they hold the title is irrelevant. This was a tribute to his friendship with Edge that he even got the title, and now no one can ever take away the moniker "WWE World Heavyweight Champion". Would he be a Main Event guy that puts buts in seats, IMO, no. But I love it that he got to wear it and got his picture taken with the title.
If Christian wanted to be a championship contender and champ, he would have stayed in TNA. I don't know if it is money, or what it was that brought him back to the WWE, but I guess he doesn't mind not being a contender.
Stardust Wrote:It's professional wrestling, the amount of time they hold the title is irrelevant. This was a tribute to his friendship with Edge that he even got the title, and now no one can ever take away the moniker "WWE World Heavyweight Champion". Would he be a Main Event guy that puts buts in seats, IMO, no. But I love it that he got to wear it and got his picture taken with the title.

:Thumbs:
LWC Wrote:If Christian wanted to be a championship contender and champ, he would have stayed in TNA. I don't know if it is money, or what it was that brought him back to the WWE, but I guess he doesn't mind not being a contender.

No, Christian knew his title contending days were over then TNA started the hiring of all the other WWE players. He was already out of the picture there.
Stardust Wrote:No, Christian knew his title contending days were over then TNA started the hiring of all the other WWE players. He was already out of the picture there.

I didn't really watch, so I didn't know. Sad for the guy. He seems like the next Curt Henning/Honky Tonk Man/Golddust, will always be known, will be an intercontinental/US contender/champion but probably wont get the title again.