Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Farve in Mississippi: I'm Starting a New Career
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Brett Favre says he might become a coach or work as a television analyst in the future, though he has no plans to enter either field anytime soon.

The 41-year-old Favre ended a 20-year playing career after an injury-plagued 2010 season with the Minnesota Vikings.

The former Southern Mississippi star famously has wavered on retirement the past few offseasons. But the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player told WDAM-TV in Hattiesburg Thursday that he was "starting a new career."

Favre gave the interview at a football camp at Oak Grove High School. He says he's spent the past several months traveling and following Southern Miss baseball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6493137
Favre is probably my favorite player ever.
^ May not be my favorite player ever, but I did enjoy watching him on the field. Maybe one of the toughest FOOTBALL players I have ever seen, no matter what the position
He would be a funny commentator.
Steve Young would be analytically breaking down a QB's play and Chris Berman would ask Favre, "What do you think about it" then Favre would say, "I would just throw it as hard as I can"
LWC Wrote:He would be a funny commentator.
Steve Young would be analytically breaking down a QB's play and Chris Berman would ask Favre, "What do you think about it" then Favre would say, "I would just throw it as hard as I can"

Haha, true.
I'd like to see ole Farve go back to Southern Mississippi and coach, that would be awesome.IMO. Could you imagine getting recruited by Brett Favre?
^He would get the best QB every year lol
I could see Brett Farve being the Charles Barkely of the NFL. Farve is a very funny man just like Charles.
LWC Wrote:He would be a funny commentator.

I laughed my ass off at that.
I'd love to see him as a Viking QB coach. He could work wonders with Christian Ponder.
MVP2 Wrote:I'd like to see ole Farve go back to Southern Mississippi and coach, that would be awesome.IMO. Could you imagine getting recruited by Brett Favre?

If Southern Miss wants to become a football powerhouse then that would definitely do it!