Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do the Tigers need to do to improve from last year's dissappointing 3-8 Team which made the playoffs?

Aug 26, 11 Paris away

7:30 PM
Sep 2, 11 Magoffin County home

Sep 9, 11 Jenkins home

Sep 16, 11 Allen Central away

8:00 PM
Sep 23, 11 Pineville home

Sep 30, 11 Betsy Layne home

Oct 7, 11 Fairview away

Oct 14, 11 Nicholas County away

Oct 21, 11 Raceland home

Oct 28, 11 Berea home

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb11/35168
I think that the Tigers will improve some next year. It may not be at the rate that some would like to see,but improve none the less. Last year in the playoffs it seemed to me, more than anything else,that they were down on themselves. They were not pumped up for the game. Some were,but not the team as a whole. The tigers had a noseguard/middle linebacker that was real tough. He put pressure on our q.b.all night and got him a few times. The team just didn't rally around him on defense. I hope this year the coaches will be able to get them up for the games. I think they have some athletes that can bring some wins in. The coaches just have to find out how to exploit thier talents. I think that they will go 5-6 in this rebuilding year. I for one want paintsville to get back to the Paintsville of old. There's alot of tradition there. GO TIGERS !!!!
I believe they will win 4 maybe 5 games (Paris, Magoffin, Jenkins, Nicholas County and Berea)

Possible Wins: Pineville, Betsy Layne & Raceland
I think the Tigers will beat Pineville this year. Pineville lost alot of talent last year and I think the Tigers have enough to get'em. Should be a good game.
^ Pineville slaughtered Paintsville 62-6 at Paintsville last year.

Pineville loses 8 from last year's team
Strikeout King Wrote:I believe they will win 4 maybe 5 games (Paris, Magoffin, Jenkins, Nicholas County and Berea)

Possible Wins: Pineville, Betsy Layne & Raceland

I don't see them beating Nicholas County. And you're crazy I you think they have the slightest chance against Raceland.
LClion4life Wrote:I don't see them beating Nicholas County. And you're crazy I you think they have the slightest chance against Raceland.

Nicholas County loses 8 from last year's team that went 6-5

Raceland loses 9 from last year's team that went 7-5

Paintsville may lose to them. I don't know nothing about Raceland but I do believe they can beat Nicholas County
Stikeout King, You gotta have a little hope. There are a couple of bright spots for the Tigers that they can build on. First, they have 11 sophomores coming into this season. Second, the Helton kid shows some possibilities. He had nearly 100 yds. rushing on just 12 carries and then there's the Hall kid. He had 100 yds. recieving. Third, they have 3 senior linemen coming into this season. That could be better,but it is something to build around. Last year Harlan had 14 sophomores 3 juniors and 3 seniors that started. We went 5-7,but could have been 7-5. We started out the season without any confidence and played that way until we played Hazard and the score was 28-20 Hazard at halftime. The Dragons realized that they could play football. This year we have 14 juniors and are looking at challenging for the district title. Hazard is still going to be a tall tree to climb but with alot of hard work who knows? Whatever happens this season, next season could turn it around for the Dragons. Paintsville is,in some ways, in the same boat as Harlan was last season. When those 11 are seniors Paintsville could be at a turning point. They may not get Pineville this season,but Pineville graduated 2,806yds. of 3,190yds.rushing. They also had 12 interceptions on defense and 11 of those graduated. I,m not saying that they lost everything,but they will not be able to come close to replacing that this season. If the coaches can get those sophomores pumped up and ready,they can give the Mt.lions a run for thier money. I still say it will be a good game.
Gonna be quite a few new faces for the Tigers. And from what i hear there is gonna be a new offense.
Hopefully Trent Burchett will get the ball this season. He quit last season about half way through the season and still lead the team in TDs. IMHO...he deserves the BALL. Just like Doderer and the ones before him did.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Gonna be quite a few new faces for the Tigers. And from what i hear there is gonna be a new offense.

The offensive scheme was terrible IMO, and has been since the coach has been there. I know the spread is a "sexy" offense, but when you don't have the players to run it and you are going three and out each time while running 15 seconds of clock off you are going to get drilled! It happend and it cost them games they should have won but let slip away due to poor clock management. Burr built the offense around the players he had, which is what you need to do to be successful. Run the ball, pass occassionally to keep defenses honest and it will limit the others possessions. The best defense is a good offense, and that is something they haven't had in a couple of years.
Best of luck to Paintsville next season!
OffTheHook Wrote:Hopefully Trent Burchett will get the ball this season. He quit last season about half way through the season and still lead the team in TDs. IMHO...he deserves the BALL. Just like Doderer and the ones before him did.

You know I love ya Hook, but if it was up to me, Burchett wouldnt even get a chance to be on the team this year. He was kicked off the team last year, he didnt quit. His attitude is terrible and when he doesn't get the ball, he takes the play off. He's had more than one chance and IMO his "second chances" have run dry. You know why he was kicked off the team, so I dont have to go in to detail on here, that subject has already been discussed on here back when it happened. No doubt about it, the kid has all kinds of talent, but his mouth and attitude have been his down fall, he doesn't deserve anything.
Redneck Wrote:You know I love ya Hook, but if it was up to me, Burchett wouldnt even get a chance to be on the team this year. He was kicked off the team last year, he didnt quit. His attitude is terrible and when he doesn't get the ball, he takes the play off. He's had more than one chance and IMO his "second chances" have run dry. You know why he was kicked off the team, so I dont have to go in to detail on here, that subject has already been discussed on here back when it happened. No doubt about it, the kid has all kinds of talent, but his mouth and attitude have been his down fall, he doesn't deserve anything.

No hard feelings brotha. Just stating your opinion as I stated mine.
OffTheHook Wrote:Hopefully Trent Burchett will get the ball this season. He quit last season about half way through the season and still lead the team in TDs. IMHO...he deserves the BALL. Just like Doderer and the ones before him did.

If all the rumors I hear are true, and Burchett plays up to his ability the tigers will have a very strong backfield.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If all the rumors I hear are true, and Burchett plays up to his ability the tigers will have a very strong backfield.

Who would that be? Names please.
who is burchett what are some of his stats fro last year?
White Feather Wrote:Who would that be? Names please.

I have heard Juwan Mayes is coming back to Paintsville. Along with the Belcher boy. Add to that Burchett, Williams, and Helton. You are looking at a real good set of backs for class A football
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I have heard Juwan Mayes is coming back to Paintsville. Along with the Belcher boy. Add to that Burchett, Williams, and Helton. You are looking at a real good set of backs for class A football

You could have the BEST backfield in the state, with no line, it doesn't matter. JMHO, If those guys come back. I would have Williams and Helton on the line. They're big and strong and would be a BIG asset with Spriggs in the trenches for their team.
I agree with that OTH. Paintville's O-line was hit hard by graduation. A good O-line can make a less than stellar backfield look pretty good.But,a bad O-line can make a great backfield look less than stellar. Making a kid,who has played RB all of his life,play the line can be a tough call. But,you just might find out who's a team player and who's not. Good luck to the Tiger's and the tough decisions they'll have to make this year. GO TIGERS!!!!
OffTheHook Wrote:You could have the BEST backfield in the state, with no line, it doesn't matter. JMHO, If those guys come back. I would have Williams and Helton on the line. They're big and strong and would be a BIG asset with Spriggs in the trenches for their team.

Im actually pretty sure Helton will be on the line with his injury from last year, you probably don't want him taking to many shots to the arms. As for Williams I would like to see him on the line but who knows. I would say it will all come down to the offense they try to run next year.
Strikeout King Wrote:Nicholas County loses 8 from last year's team that went 6-5

Raceland loses 9 from last year's team that went 7-5

Paintsville may lose to them. I don't know nothing about Raceland but I do believe they can beat Nicholas County

The Rams will be a better team this year. They had a good team last year but had lots of key injuries all season. The line will be much improved. Bigger, stronger and more experienced. The Rams started most of the year three soph and jr on the line. The backfield will be above average. Hard nose runners. The ? is QB. Who's going to run the offense? But as far as offense and defense line. They will match up with most teams on the schedule. Their problem is strength of schedule. Russell, Ashland, Pikeville, Fairview and Lawrence Co, Paintsville and Greenup Co all away games. And some very good teams in that mix. The record may not show how good this team is. May have to wait till the playoffs. Not many teams schedule like the RAMS. Good luck to the tigers except for that one game vs the RAMS.
Also heard Dustin Terry will be back.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Im actually pretty sure Helton will be on the line with his injury from last year, you probably don't want him taking to many shots to the arms. As for Williams I would like to see him on the line but who knows. I would say it will all come down to the offense they try to run next year.

the helton kid is 100% he is fine,he has played basketball this summer and took some hard hits on the arm, can't wait to see him play again.:popcorn:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I have heard Juwan Mayes is coming back to Paintsville. Along with the Belcher boy. Add to that Burchett, Williams, and Helton. You are looking at a real good set of backs for class A football

Not sure who is going where. Further more don't care who goes where. However, I did see the Belcher athlete playing basketball a week or so ago at some type of games going on at JCHS field house against Paintsville. He is a much better football player than basketball. If he wants to get anywhere with football he better stay where he is, JC.
just wondering Wrote:the helton kid is 100% he is fine,he has played basketball this summer and took some hard hits on the arm, can't wait to see him play again.:popcorn:

To me he has a very strong resemblance to Kyle Sublett.

Belcher isn't coming back, Matney loves how he plays. Mayes would have to make a move intothe district and get a release, don't think that will happen.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:To me he has a very strong resemblance to Kyle Sublett.

Don't see any resemblence, don't know if he's as tough as Subby was.
White Feather Wrote:Belcher isn't coming back, Matney loves how he plays. Mayes would have to make a move intothe district and get a release, don't think that will happen.

From what I hear he has already moved. But it is just hearsay.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:From what I hear he has already moved. But it is just hearsay.

You heard wrong. He still lives at Rt 580 Oil springs. Talk to his dad every day, the kid's not coming to P-ville.
Pages: 1 2