Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oh My Gosh !!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I promise this happened a Fresh game between Pike Co. Central and East Ridge tonight. A technical foul was called on a girl from PC their coach asked the offical what she did. The ref said she questioned my call!! She said

OH MY GOSH

I was setting close enough to hear the conversation myself I couldn't believe it.
Wow...That's really something to be amazed over...
Is that not questioning the officials call?
Had she been questioning him previously in the game? Had she received a warning for questioning before the T was called?

Just some questions that may make more sense to the T being called.
I just called Ripleys Believe it or Not, and they're all over this...
"alfus21" Wrote:I just called Ripleys Believe it or Not, and they're all over this...

:big grin:
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:Had she been questioning him previously in the game? Had she received a warning for questioning before the T was called?

not that I had seen or heard. I just found this funny because of all the cursing I have heard on the courts this year and every other year. Very little is ever done.
"OSIRIS" Wrote:not that I had seen or heard. I just found this funny because of all the cursing I have heard on the courts this year and every other year. Very little is ever done.

I thought that maybe it had happened prior to the T and that was the last straw for the ref or something.
who was the ref?
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:Had she been questioning him previously in the game? Had she received a warning for questioning before the T was called?

Pirate, that's one HUGE problem with officials theses days. They don't have thick skin. To be an official, you have to have thick skin. There is no way that a T should have been called, unless the player was cussing, threatening bodily harm, or questioning his manhood. Old time officials let everything go in one ear and out the other. Newer officials take what's said to them to heart.

At the All A final, Ted Hall, a retired official that was pretty daggone good, was sitting next to me. One of Paintsville's fans told an official to get his head out of buttocks (The fan said something else, you know). Next time down the floor, the official had the fan removed. Ted laughed his butt off. He said the official gas no business on the floor if can't take that. He also mentioned officiating right now is the worse that he's ever seen.
"alfus21" Wrote:I just called Ripleys Believe it or Not, and they're all over this...
Bravo, funniest thing I've ever heard on here!!!
This is ridiculous lol apparently this ref must of had a really crappy day...
T's are called all the time and who cares about the reasoning? It is over and done, why start a thread about it? The girl could have said more than that previously..
Who was the ref?
Why does every single thread turn into ref bashing. Officials are REQUIRED ro enforce sportsmans ship, by rule it is a T if anyone does not show proper respect. I think they need to call more, and maybe these kids would act less like punks
"champ321" Wrote:Who was the ref?
What doe sit matter? If I were reffing the game (and I do ref, not high school) I would ahve T'ed her too. It's not the players job to challenge an official. Leave it to the coach.

She won't do it again I assure you.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Pirate, that's one HUGE problem with officials theses days. They don't have thick skin. To be an official, you have to have thick skin. There is no way that a T should have been called, unless the player was cussing, threatening bodily harm, or questioning his manhood. Old time officials let everything go in one ear and out the other. Newer officials take what's said to them to heart.

At the All A final, Ted Hall, a retired official that was pretty daggone good, was sitting next to me. One of Paintsville's fans told an official to get his head out of buttocks (The fan said something else, you know). Next time down the floor, the official had the fan removed. Ted laughed his butt off. He said the official gas no business on the floor if can't take that. He also mentioned officiating right now is the worse that he's ever seen.

I think that one of the reasons that refs are quicker to call a T or remove a loud fan is just the dangers in today's society. School shootings, violent parents, stabbing by fans, etc. I went to high school in the 80's and there may have been a fist fight break out once in a blue moon, but nowadays, I would be worrying about a gun fight to break out if tempers flared.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:What doe sit matter? If I were reffing the game (and I do ref, not high school) I would ahve T'ed her too. It's not the players job to challenge an official. Leave it to the coach.

She won't do it again I assure you.

What the **** buddy? Number one, learn how to type. Number two I was just ****ing wondering so don't have a heart attack. Cool
Let's remember that everyone has a right to their opinion on here. If it is different than yours then debate it maturally and in an informative manner..don't insult the other poster on a personal level.

It will make for better reading by others.

Thanks-
Pirate Pal
98, I'm sure she was just asking who the ref was because some people know refs and have played under them before. She was probably just asking to be able to tell if she knew him/her or not or talk about a time that something else happened with that ref.

Champ, please don't use profanity, even if it is blocked out here there is no need to use it and call a mod out personally.

Thanks.

BallaBaby

"thetribe" Wrote:T's are called all the time and who cares about the reasoning? It is over and done, why start a thread about it? The girl could have said more than that previously..

Theres many reasons to start a thread about it. Maybe they wanted others opinion about why the ref called a T, and to warn other players that the simplest thing can set a ref off now adays. When I played (I graduated in 2004) refs would get cursed at and everything by players on the court, and of course other players would curse at each other but never was a T called. You are right T's are called all the time, but sometimes I do care about the reasoning, there's been plenty of times when T's have been called that shouldn't have been. Maybe next time whoever got the T won't say the same thing..lol
"champ321" Wrote:What the **** buddy? Number one, learn how to type. Number two I was just ****ing wondering so don't have a heart attack. Cool

TongueoliceLig :eek: :lame:
"BallaBaby" Wrote:Theres many reasons to start a thread about it. Maybe they wanted others opinion about why the ref called a T, and to warn other players that the simplest thing can set a ref off now adays. When I played (I graduated in 2004) refs would get cursed at and everything by players on the court, and of course other players would curse at each other but never was a T called. You are right T's are called all the time, but sometimes I do care about the reasoning, there's been plenty of times when T's have been called that shouldn't have been. Maybe next time whoever got the T won't say the same thing..lol

I guess I didn't think about the warning side of it. Back when I played the refs got cursed and everything as well. Like someone stated, their skin isn't as thick anymore. New refs jump and call the T quicker than the veterans who has seen and heard it all.
lol
i was there too
Who won the game?
Players need to keep it to themselves. They do not need to question officials.
I'll be the first to admit, I couldn't be a ref. I'm sure I could do a good job. But, my God, it doesn't matter what call you make, you WILL **** off half the fans and players. Doesn't give you very good odds, does it?
half of the time im not upset with a call i just like to give the refs a hard time...It just makes games more fun and intresting...
Thats...weird.
"thetribe" Wrote:98, I'm sure she was just asking who the ref was because some people know refs and have played under them before. She was probably just asking to be able to tell if she knew him/her or not or talk about a time that something else happened with that ref.

Champ, please don't use profanity, even if it is blocked out here there is no need to use it and call a mod out personally.

Thanks.

My bad Tribe.Wink
Pages: 1 2