Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 10 Sheldon Clark 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bulldogs improve to 17-3 with 10-0 shutout over Sheldon Clark in Louisa on Wednesday night. The Bulldogs are the 57th district regular season champs and lock #1 seed for district tournament. Senior Chris Cline got the win, he pitched five innings allowing 0 runs on 3 hits and walked two. Lawrence County hit the ball really well tonight scoring 10 runs on 11 hits and played fundamentally sound all night.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Bulldogs improve to 17-3 with 10-0 shutout over Sheldon Clark in Louisa on Wednesday night. The Bulldogs are the 57th district regular season champs and lock #1 seed for district tournament. Senior Chris Cline got the win, he pitched five innings allowing 0 runs on 3 hits and walked two. Lawrence County hit the ball really well tonight scoring 10 runs on 11 hits and played fundamentally sound all night.
Congrats LC, good game.
Impressive win for Lawrence County.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Bulldogs improve to 17-3 with 10-0 shutout over Sheldon Clark in Louisa on Wednesday night. The Bulldogs are the 57th district regular season champs and lock #1 seed for district tournament. Senior Chris Cline got the win, he pitched five innings allowing 0 runs on 3 hits and walked two. Lawrence County hit the ball really well tonight scoring 10 runs on 11 hits and played fundamentally sound all night.

First off congrats to LC for Regular Season District Champs and #1 seed.

Now, question.

Why don't they do it like basketball and make you play two games for District Seeding?

Just a question that has always been unanswered for me. Just never really understood it.
OffTheHook Wrote:First off congrats to LC for Regular Season District Champs and #1 seed.

Now, question.

Why don't they do it like basketball and make you play two games for District Seeding?

Just a question that has always been unanswered for me. Just never really understood it.

I'm thinking it's because of the unpredictableness of the weather. It may not always be possible for everyone in the district to get a second game in before the end of the regular season if it gets rained out once or twice. That's just a theory.
I think that it should be a series... One game on Friday and 2 on Saturday. That way the best teams will win. Every team in the 57th has at least one good pitcher, play 3 games and find out who is the best. From what I hear that may very well be in the works. I know of 2 schools right now who are for it, and I'm pretty sure that they will be able to pull the 3rd team to get it done.
Congrats Lawrence County
The more and more I see Chris Cline pitch the more I like him. He is a bigger kid but has good control and good movement of his pitches. He does a nice job of changing speeds and location hitting every corner of the plate. This is only his second year pitching and is one of the reasons the Bulldogs are 17-3 and undefeated in region play. I could only imagine if Cody Moore was able to pitch then LC would have four good pitchers but so far Cline and Banks are stepping up for the Bulldogs.
Congrats Dawgs!!!:rockon:
Loosing Cody Moore on the mound this year to injury was an obstacle that LC had to overcome and in true bulldog style, they seem to be doing a great job with Cline & Banks. Moore is surely missed and best of luck to him on his surgery and future baseball career.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:The more and more I see Chris Cline pitch the more I like him. He is a bigger kid but has good control and good movement of his pitches. He does a nice job of changing speeds and location hitting every corner of the plate. This is only his second year pitching and is one of the reasons the Bulldogs are 17-3 and undefeated in region play. I could only imagine if Cody Moore was able to pitch then LC would have four good pitchers but so far Cline and Banks are stepping up for the Bulldogs.

I dont guess that this being the weakest this region has been in years has anything to do with that?...lol
Thats your opinion.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Thats your opinion.

If you disagree then that just shows how little you have been around.
I'm sorry that I'm not a 40 yr old man either I only know what I see. Get over yourself and keep my name out of your mouth.. No need to reply