Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rank the 15th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LCHS

JCHS

Pikeville

East Ridge

Magoffin

Belfry

Paintsville

Shelby Valley

Allen Central

Prestonsburg

Sheldon Clark

South Floyd

Phelps

Pike Central

Betsy Layne
I would place johnson central above Lawrence County, and Shelby Valley above Belfry and paintsville.
IMO... long way between those top 2 and everyone else.
As of now, JCHS appears to be the team to beat in the Region. BUT, as we all know, anything can happen come Tourney time. But, as always, according to the list above...FOUR of the Top seven are in the same District. So everyone knows that half won't make it.
From scores I have seen:

1. Johnson Central
2. Lawrence County
3. East Ridge
4. Pikeville
5. Magoffin

Big match ups for Pikeville this week with East Ridge and Lawrence County
Lawrence county defense is allowing over 5 runs a game and Johnson central less than 2. IMO it will come down to Johnson Central and Pikeville/East Ridge.
lawrence already beat two of the top teams in the 15th in pikeville, and east ridge. their overall record isnt great but look at their district and regional record only one loss. they will be ready come tournament time.
Lawrence County always hits a slump right before district tournament time and then heats up when the time is just right. I look for those girls to be picking it up soon. Especially with everyone back in the lineup and healthy. But as Offthehook always likes to point out anything can happen at tourney time. I wouldn't put Pikeville above East Ridge after the game the other night that ended in 5 innings. I see a team from the 57th winning the region yet again with either Lawrence County or Johnson Central reigning victorious.