Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 14 Somerset 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this was a good game to watch. but clay just out hit somerset
Congrats Clay. They flat out hit the baseball don't they?
jsa Wrote:this was a good game to watch. but clay just out hit somerset
not too sure I would say Clay "simply out hit Somerset"
Clay had 11 singles, 3 doubles, 2 HRs along with 7 base on balls.
Somerset had 8 singles, 4 doubles, 2 HRs and 4 base on balls.

16 hits to 14, looks pretty close to me.
Not to take anything away from the Tigers, but the 7 walks and 5 Somerset errors had a lot to do with this outcome.

Fun and exciting high school game to watch though. Both teams really knocked the cover off of it.

Best wishes to Clay County down the stretch.
Congrats CC
That would have been a really good game to watch. Two teams that simply hit the ball. Somerset is hitting the ball phenomenal right now, coming off of a 23-run, 17 hit performance against Southwestern.
Jumper Football Dad Wrote:not too sure I would say Clay "simply out hit Somerset"
Clay had 11 singles, 3 doubles, 2 HRs along with 7 base on balls.
Somerset had 8 singles, 4 doubles, 2 HRs and 4 base on balls.

16 hits to 14, looks pretty close to me.
Not to take anything away from the Tigers, but the 7 walks and 5 Somerset errors had a lot to do with this outcome.

Fun and exciting high school game to watch though. Both teams really knocked the cover off of it.

Best wishes to Clay County down the stretch.

I don't think JSA meant it as disrespect for Somerset. Both teams hit the ball well, Clay just outscored them in the end, The best two hitting teams I have seen in this area this year. They appear to be pretty even with Clay winning both but only by by a combined 3 runs.