Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Southern - Pitchers condition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I received the following PM from one of our most respected members in hopes of trying to find out anything further on this young man. If anyone has any information, please post it and keep him in your prayers.

I thought you might want the baseball community to remember a Pitcher from Louisville Southern by the name of Bret Cox that was hit by a line drive in Saturday's game with Lawrence Co. There was a multiple fracture of the orbital area over the left eye. Very serious situation
Stardust Wrote:I received the following PM from one of our most respected members in hopes of trying to find out anything further on this young man. If anyone has any information, please post it and keep him in your prayers.

I thought you might want the baseball community to remember a Pitcher from Louisville Southern by the name of Bret Cox that was hit by a line drive in Saturday's game with Lawrence Co. There was a multiple fracture of the orbital area over the left eye. Very serious situation
Praying for the kid. Scary situation.
Praying for this young man.

As the father of three pitching sons I can say that this is exactly why there has been so much concern over these missle launching metal bats that are currently being used. I have seen all 3 of my sons nearly have there heads taken off many times by a line drive back up the middle. Just friday night alone I saw 3 separate incidents in a double header where a picher came very close to possibly being put in this very same situation. Thankfully it was avoided. I for one am very thankful that these bats have been changed at the college level and will next year be changed in high school. One can only wonder if the new bats may have helped avoid this accident for this young man.

Again hope this young man's prognosis is good and that he recovers soon.
So sad. My prayers are with him.
I will assume this was off of a batted ball? Or was it from a pitch/throw?

If off of a batted ball, how much would the new BBCOR bat have helped in reducing this type of injury. This is one of the most important published reasons for the change in bat standards.
Thanks for posting. I got the same information from a LC parent who was at the game. would like to hear updates on his condition as well. Prayers going out for him.
Stardust Wrote:I will assume this was off of a batted ball? Or was it from a pitch/throw?

If off of a batted ball, how much would the new BBCOR bat have helped in reducing this type of injury. This is one of the most important published reasons for the change in bat standards.
Stardust, the original post state he was hit by a line drive, just FYI.
I was praying for this young man as they were bringing him off the field. Lou Southern brought the Cox boy into pitch in the 4th Inning. He threw just one pitch and the batter lined it back into him. Lets keep lifting him and his family up in prayer.