Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 66 Hazard 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty impressive showing by the dawgs at #2 Ranked Lexington Catholic.......
good job dawgs
Congrats LC
Congrats LC
How is a 16 point loss a pretty impresive showing?
Congrats LC and i was wondering the same how could it be an impressive showing?
Because it was not 50 or a 100 points and the dawgs gained experience.....The dawgs have no fear!!!!
"nobody" Wrote:Because it was not 50 or a 100 points and the dawgs gained experience.....The dawgs have no fear!!!!

Still wasn't an impressive showing..They lost by 16..
Congrats to LC on the win and to Hazard for playing hard!
ppl it was a match against a team who is ranked #2 in the state,a 16 point loss is good enough to show that the bulldogs gave it their all and put up a good fight.GO BULLDOGS.
"punjabi101" Wrote:ppl it was a match against a team who is ranked #2 in the state,a 16 point loss is good enough to show that the bulldogs gave it their all and put up a good fight.GO BULLDOGS.

If you want to be happy with that then by all means be happy, but I know when Shelby Valley lost by 16 last year to them I wasn't too happy about it...And the Hazard players shouldn't be either...
Well Alfus.............. I Agree Im A Hazard Fan I Went To The Game And I Was Upset Over The Lost But You Have To Remember This Is A Hazard Team That Has Struggled All Year And Then Went Down Their An Lost By 16 When Your Wildcats Or Whatever They Are Where A Pretty Good Team Last Year.....but I See Why You Are Talking Bad About Hazard I Mean After The Killing They Gave Your Cats This Year I Would Talk About Em Losing By 16 To The Number 2 Ranked Team In The State Which Beat The Number 1 Team A Week Earlier....SAY WHUT YOU WANTConfusederved:
Must say I was impressed with the bulldogs
"ONLOOKER" Wrote:Well Alfus.............. I Agree Im A Hazard Fan I Went To The Game And I Was Upset Over The Lost But You Have To Remember This Is A Hazard Team That Has Struggled All Year And Then Went Down Their An Lost By 16 When Your Wildcats Or Whatever They Are Where A Pretty Good Team Last Year.....but I See Why You Are Talking Bad About Hazard I Mean After The Killing They Gave Your Cats This Year I Would Talk About Em Losing By 16 To The Number 2 Ranked Team In The State Which Beat The Number 1 Team A Week Earlier....SAY WHUT YOU WANTConfusederved:

This has nothing to do with Shelby Valley playing Hazard earlier this season...You should never be impressed with losing by 16 points no matter how bad you're struggling or however good the opposition is...16 is not a good loss! I'm not talking bad about Hazard, but the fact that you guys are happy over losing by 16 is pretty hilarious..You lost...You didn't win, and I didn't know they gave trophies for moral victories these days, because that's what you're taking it has...

Now when Shelby Valley lost by 5 to Lex. Cath. two years ago I said impressive showing, as most other people in the area did, but a 16 point loss in not impressive in any aspect...For Hazard, Shelby Valley (last year) or any other team that it happens to...

and no, I did not get served...
well even with a 16 point loss, Hazard proved something ..........all their athletes are starting to step up. If they had wanted all W's on the schedule, they wouldn't have played LC, they had other offers. The goal at the end of the season is still insight.

Alfus............your taste, judgement of others and your avatar is disturbing..but hey that is just me and IMO. By the way, that SV team 2 yrs ago doesn't count in the present cause 2 yrs ago Hazard won the All A tournament and have state champ rings to prove it......
Its not like shelby valley was horrible they won their region and had a good team, but lexington catholic was down last year compared to usuall... hazard cut the lead to 14 and made 5 straight turnovers after at but hhs stopped them 4 out of 5 times, so if they wouldnt have turned the ball over and turned those into a few more baskets they could have made that game alot more interesting....
"alfus21" Wrote:This has nothing to do with Shelby Valley playing Hazard earlier this season...You should never be impressed with losing by 16 points no matter how bad you're struggling or however good the opposition is...16 is not a good loss! I'm not talking bad about Hazard, but the fact that you guys are happy over losing by 16 is pretty hilarious..You lost...You didn't win, and I didn't know they gave trophies for moral victories these days, because that's what you're taking it has...

Now when Shelby Valley lost by 5 to Lex. Cath. two years ago I said impressive showing, as most other people in the area did, but a 16 point loss in not impressive in any aspect...For Hazard, Shelby Valley (last year) or any other team that it happens to...

and no, I did not get served...

Hey big boy......u can say all u want about 2 years ago........dont forget hazard won state......and beat shelby valley so get off that.......hazard would have went down to the wire with lex cath back then but that was back then this is now. A loss is sometimes a win. It dont go down as a 'W' but it can boost team morale. If u were a d-2 team and went and played a team like uconn or duke and only lost by 16 u would be somewhat proud knowing that u can play with them. If you think everything is winnig there big time u are wrong
i believe Olinger had 16 points(not 4sure) 4 threes i think hes finally out of the slump that he was in. With him scoring the ball that gives Hazard tons of weapons and i think that they will be hard 2 stop come tourny time
"RPL" Wrote:Its not like shelby valley was horrible they won their region and had a good team, but lexington catholic was down last year compared to usuall... hazard cut the lead to 14 and made 5 straight turnovers after at but hhs stopped them 4 out of 5 times, so if they wouldnt have turned the ball over and turned those into a few more baskets they could have made that game alot more interesting....

They went 23-8 last year when Shelby Valley lost by 16 so that's not exactly too down considering they have 6 losses this season...I wasn't pleased with the loss, because it was a LOSS...

They went 29-4 two years ago when Shelby Valley lost by 5, still a loss though...
"golfman42" Wrote:Hey big boy......u can say all u want about 2 years ago........dont forget hazard won state......and beat shelby valley so get off that.......hazard would have went down to the wire with lex cath back then but that was back then this is now. A loss is sometimes a win. It dont go down as a 'W' but it can boost team morale. If u were a d-2 team and went and played a team like uconn or duke and only lost by 16 u would be somewhat proud knowing that u can play with them. If you think everything is winnig there big time u are wrong

I'm not talking about two years ago and how Shelby Valley was, I was just saying that a 5 point loss to a team that 29-4 is better than a 16 point loss to a team that's already lost 6 games....Hazard didn't even play Shelby Valley 2 years ago, but they played last year and lost, and they beat SV this year...Nothing more to it than that...

As far as that state championship that's great and all, but I doubt 2 years ago they would have went down to the wire against Lex. Cath. especially considering they didn't even get out of the district tournament that season..

If you're happy with a loss then good for you....I'm just saying I wouldn't accept losing as a win anytime...
alfus...........u are starting to get on my last nerve. U are just a Hazard Hater for whatever reason. So .. don't except a loss as a win.........we don't care about your hating opinion!! Keep your disturbing attitude and avator to yourself or to 15th region team

The bulldogs as a team made a realization with the loss to LC. and yes they say that they were beaten but they know the score going into half time and they know how players like olinger stepped up with no fear. so they know more than what u judge with your posted score. they know that ...........they are on a journey to something special. THE ATHELETS OF HAZARD HIGH SCHOOL ARE ABOUT TO DO SOME DAMAGE CONTROL AND STEP UP...
I should know, I am the #1fan
GO DAWGS!!!!
"watchinthegame" Wrote:alfus...........u are starting to get on my last nerve. U are just a Hazard Hater for whatever reason. So .. don't except a loss as a win.........we don't care about your hating opinion!! Keep your disturbing attitude and avator to yourself or to 15th region team

The bulldogs as a team made a realization with the loss to LC. and yes they say that they were beaten but they know the score going into half time and they know how players like olinger stepped up with no fear. so they know more than what u judge with your posted score. they know that ...........they are on a journey to something special. THE ATHELETS OF HAZARD HIGH SCHOOL ARE ABOUT TO DO SOME DAMAGE CONTROL AND STEP UP...
I should know, I am the #1fan
GO DAWGS!!!!

:lol:
Well Alfus Say What You Want To About Hazard And Their Loss To Catholic But We All Not Thay Valley Couldnt Score 16 Points In The First Half On Catholic....doubt They Would Break The 30's For The Whole Game......valley Was Killed This Year Buy Hazard An Hazard Didnt Even Have 3 Of There Best Players Playing Valley Would Be Destroyed By Catholic An Hazard Again If Thier Were To Play....an We Might Not Have Got The Job Done In Distric Here Latley But We Shore Have When We Play Shelby Valley If I Recall Lost By 20 Or More Both Games.............................
And Watching The Game If Your Such A Hazard Fan You Would No Olinger Did Nothing In That Game Until About The End Of The Third Quarter In Which It Was To Late Wallace,micheal An Williams Are Always The Only Ones They Play Good Ball Against Good Competition.......aka Pcc
"ONLOOKER" Wrote:And Watching The Game If Your Such A Hazard Fan You Would No Olinger Did Nothing In That Game Until About The End Of The Third Quarter In Which It Was To Late Wallace,micheal An Williams Are Always The Only Ones They Play Good Ball Against Good Competition.......aka Pcc
with this statement I am LMAO :lmao: with no disrespect to the mentioned players...but I do see a little green in this post....Keep up the good job dawgssss
"ONLOOKER" Wrote:Well Alfus Say What You Want To About Hazard And Their Loss To Catholic But We All Not Thay Valley Couldnt Score 16 Points In The First Half On Catholic....doubt They Would Break The 30's For The Whole Game......valley Was Killed This Year Buy Hazard An Hazard Didnt Even Have 3 Of There Best Players Playing Valley Would Be Destroyed By Catholic An Hazard Again If Thier Were To Play....an We Might Not Have Got The Job Done In Distric Here Latley But We Shore Have When We Play Shelby Valley If I Recall Lost By 20 Or More Both Games.............................

Smile I'm not even wanting to talk about Shelby Valley....But you're wrong your last statement...
alfus i agree with you....losing...by 16...or by any number for that matter is not a game well played....but this loss can by no means hurt hazard....playing against a six six 320 pound kid that is goin to mississippi state for football.....that had to help our post defense...but i see where you're coming from with the losing by 16 deal....congrats LC and way to hustle Hazard