Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA sets earlier date to withdraw from NBA draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The NCAA's Board of Directors has adopted a new withdrawal date from the NBA draft and will toughen academic standards for football players beginning this fall.

College basketball players must now announce whether they will pull out of the NBA draft before the first date of the spring signing period. That is traditionally mid-April. Currently, players can return to school without forfeiting a scholarship if they pull out by May 8.

Beginning this fall, Division I football players will be required to earn nine credit hours in the fall semester or eight in the fall quarter. Players who fail to meet the requirement could be suspended for up to four games the following season.
I like it! Good for them. Let's incoming freshman know for certain about there future.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I like it! Good for them. Let's incoming freshman know for certain about there future.

This a terrible decision. It absolutely doesn't have the players future's in mind. It gives them no time to get any evaluation or feed back from NBA teams. I hate the one in done rule but this decison further complicates the whole situation. Why does anyone go to college? To become more skilled and find a well paying job in order to provide financial securty themselves. If a kid in the biology department was offered a six figure salary without finishing school would we fault him for taking it. No we would not. This decision is for the schools only.