Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 12 East Ridge 0 (5 Innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from ER. Don't have any details. Pikeville improves to 19-2.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Final from ER. Don't have any details. Pikeville improves to 19-2.
Roll Panthers!
Pikeville's coach got his 100th career win last night also!
Yes, he did. 45 of those wins come from last season and up to this game this season.
i know, right? Wrote:Pikeville's coach got his 100th career win last night also!
Very nice! Way to go, Coach Priode!
^ Serious?
Congrats to Coach Priode !! Has done a good job in managing the Panthers baseball program
The coach was very fortunate to have a good group of talent come in at the right time. Not taking anything away from the coach, but you have to know the history of the team for the last three years.
BigStick1977 Wrote:The coach was very fortunate to have a good group of talent come in at the right time. Not taking anything away from the coach, but you have to know the history of the team for the last three years.
I know the history of the team for the past 30 YEARS, not just the past 3. PHS has consistently been one of the top teams in the 15th region in baseball for years. I would be more inclined to say that the previous few years were more an aberration. They didn't win as much, but were still a very tough team by any measure. I realize you're not taking anything away from the coach, but what you said could also be said of ANY coach or any team. Sometimes you have those runs of athletes that "make" a program. PHS football was always good, but that phenomenal run of athletes in the early to late 80's and early 90's really put them on the map, Shelby Valley's always been decent in basketball (through Virgie history), but again, had a phenomenal run of athletes that culminated in that Sweet 16 title, etc.
PHSForever Wrote:I know the history of the team for the past 30 YEARS, not just the past 3. PHS has consistently been one of the top teams in the 15th region in baseball for years. I would be more inclined to say that the previous few years were more an aberration. They didn't win as much, but were still a very tough team by any measure. I realize you're not taking anything away from the coach, but what you said could also be said of ANY coach or any team. Sometimes you have those runs of athletes that "make" a program. PHS football was always good, but that phenomenal run of athletes in the early to late 80's and early 90's really put them on the map, Shelby Valley's always been decent in basketball (through Virgie history), but again, had a phenomenal run of athletes that culminated in that Sweet 16 title, etc.

Every true fan does know the history. The post didn't encompass the entire program...only the last five years that tallied the 100th win. Sorry you took offense... :igiveup:
BigStick1977 Wrote:Every true fan does know the history. The post didn't encompass the entire program...only the last five years that tallied the 100th win. Sorry you took offense... :igiveup:
Oh no, no offense taken at all. Just clarifying on your comment about "knowing the history of the team for the last 3 years". I didn't want any non-knowledgeable person to read it and think PHS only has been relevant the last 2 years or so. Thanks, though, and no need to wave the white flag. :-)