Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2011 KHSAA State Tournament Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
KHSAA News

The 2011 Kentucky National Insurance/KHSAA State Baseball Tournament will be held June 13-18.

Times for the opening round games are still to be determined on June 13th and 14th.

Opening round game for June 13: 5th Region vs. 10th Region

Opening round game for June 13: 1st Region vs. 3rd Region

Opening round game for June 13: 7th Region vs 13th Region

Opening round game for June 13: 4th Region vs. 14th Region

Opening round game for June 14: 9th Region vs. 15th Region

Opening round game for June 14: 6th Region vs. 11th Region

Opening round game for June 14: 16th Region vs. 12th Region

Opening round game for June 14: 2nd Region vs. 8th Region

[URL="http://twitter.com/#%21/KHSAA/status/62948404745093120"]
[/URL][url=http://twitter.com/#][/url]
Anyone from or know much about the 5th region?
Central Hardin came out of it last year. I think they lost to Greenup County in the first round. From KHSAA they are around the top again this year.
How good is the 16th Region?
Anyone know anything about the 4th region
14thregionrules Wrote:Anyone know anything about the 4th region

Warren Central (11-4), Allen County-Scottsville (12-1), Warren East (14-6), Glasgow (11-6), Russellville (10-4).

Warren Central came out of Region 4 last year only to lose to Male in the Opening Round of the State Baseball Tournament

*This is Warren Central's Schedule but Region 4 is listed right below it*

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ba11/33975
This is mainly directed to Stardust. Who in your opinion is gonna come out of the ninth region this year. I know Cov Cath, Beechwood and Ryle are usually pretty tough. What do you think?
Looks like a pretty balanced bracket both upper and lower.
White Gold Wielder Wrote:This is mainly directed to Stardust. Who in your opinion is gonna come out of the ninth region this year. I know Cov Cath, Beechwood and Ryle are usually pretty tough. What do you think?

After playing all the teams, Cov Cath has enough of everything to win it all. But this will be a year that each team must rely on their 2's to win it for them. All these teams will use up their 1's just to get to the next round.

So that leads me to believe that Boone with having both Lauman and Teegarden has the best chance of finding themselves as repeat champs.

Dixie was everyone's choice, but not enough offense. Their ace, Sexton, can carry them but they may not have the best #2.

NCC is no sleeper, but to me they have the best chance of knocking off Boone. Cain can beat anyone in the state. Sullivan is about as good a #2 as their is.

Beechwood must win with Bertke, and then rely on the hard throwing Colin Johnson.

Cov Cath has Severson who has tremendous control. Shumate will be tough to beat and with the excellent small ball that CCH plays, they are not #1 in NKY for no reason.

Ryle has been so much of a roller coaster, I just don't know. When they hit, they can hit any of these teams aces. The challenge for them is they really don't have an ace on the mound.

I don't expect a team like Conner to surprise anyone this year, but they are a hard nosed team.

The 9th is wide open this year and will require everyteam to use their ace and possibly even their #2 in the first round. Then it gets very interesting.
The Baseball State Tournament is very under-rated, I have been the last two years and it's a fun tournament to watch... Of course, it's not as good as the Sweet 16 Basketball Tournament, But I would say it's better then the Football State Championship games...
ekff Wrote:The Baseball State Tournament is very under-rated, I have been the last two years and it's a fun tournament to watch... Of course, it's not as good as the Sweet 16 Basketball Tournament, But I would say it's better then the Football State Championship games...
I love it. Great event. Great Baseball. the 16 team format just gives you more to watch, and that can't be bad.
^ I ditto that