Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Keeneland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we dont have alot Horse Racing fans on here but I was just wondering if anyone on here as been? I plan on going down there on Derby Day, anyone been on that day, if so how is the General Admission?
It's a very nice compromise for Derby Day. I suggest taking a folding chair. People will be there early and it is fun to sit on the lawn with a cooler and watch the races.

Keeneland is 10X more fun when the horses are actually racing. There is no comparsion between a day at Keeneland and a regular day at Churchill. Keeneland is much nicer and a better setting.
Keeneland is much better racing venue than Churchill. As far as watching the Derby there rather be at a OTB or at home.
Any idea of what horses would be the best one to bet on? I will also be venturing there.
^

The offical field hasnt been announced yet. Uncle Mo is one I'm hearing as the early favorite but he had bad showing last race.
MVP2 Wrote:^

The offical field hasnt been announced yet. Uncle Mo is one I'm hearing as the early favorite but he had bad showing last race.

I don't really like the idea of betting on the favorite, and they usually never win....
You bet a dollar you win a dollar.. You bet on a horse with 3:1 odds or 5:1 odds and make your money there.
Ballers Wrote:I don't really like the idea of betting on the favorite, and they usually never win....
You bet a dollar you win a dollar.. You bet on a horse with 3:1 odds or 5:1 odds and make your money there.

The Derby has 20 top quality horses...typically the favorite is in the 5:1 range.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The Derby has 20 top quality horses...typically the favorite is in the 5:1 range.

That's what I was saying EKU... Usually those horses are under the gun and they are not the true favorite, but they are in the top tier with the best of the race horses.. Is what I meant.. If you want to win more money, your best bet is on the 5:1 horses because IMO they are usually the ones that take the race.
From what I've heard and read, its a year of the long shots so it might be a 30-1 or maybe even like 2 years ago a 50-1 that might win. I hope to see Borel on one of those long shots.
MVP2 Wrote:From what I've heard and read, its a year of the long shots so it might be a 30-1 or maybe even like 2 years ago a 50-1 that might win. I hope to see Borel on one of those long shots.

50:1 winning, better shot at winning the powerball!
Ballers Wrote:50:1 winning, better shot at winning the powerball!

Nah, It happen two years ago with "Mine that Bird". All these horses are good.
MVP2 Wrote:Nah, It happen two years ago with "Mine that Bird". All these horses are good.

Buying a horse and entering the race.
^ LOL, ditto
Ballers Wrote:Buying a horse and entering the race.

Good investment Ballers, worth the money if you put in the hard work with it.
Ballers Wrote:I don't really like the idea of betting on the favorite, and they usually never win....

It's actually best to win your money on exactas and trifectas. If you feel uncomfortable doing that you can always box them but it costs a bit more. I usually box a couple favorites and throw a long shot in there.
alfus21 Wrote:It's actually best to win your money on exactas and trifectas. If you feel uncomfortable doing that you can always box them but it costs a bit more. I usually box a couple favorites and throw a long shot in there.

Ironically me and MVP spoke about the trifecta today... Put a thousand on 3 horses I believe? And if they all finish 1,2,3... you get a nice chunk of cash. :Clap: