Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greatest Pro Player Never To Appear In A Superbowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
saw this one on espn2 today, thought it would make for a very interesting thread, but im gonna have to say Dan Fouts. Fouts was a great QB who got his team close, but never in the superbowl.
I would say thats got be the worst thing ever get so close but yet so far away he was good tho.......
Man, I am going to have to say Barry Sanders.
yeah Sanders was great. Shameful he was on so many average Detroit teams though
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Man, I am going to have to say Barry Sanders.
They had a very good offense with Herman Moore and Barry Sanders and a good QB in Scott Mitchell, but the def. just was horrible and the o-line would never give Scott time to help Barry out!
def Barry Sanders...
barry sanders probably
.... im young so i need to ask this did dan marino play in one?
barry sanders had to be one of the best players to never get a superbowl...and yes dan marino did
Yeah Sanders by far. But Marino was the best to appear and not win one though.
"-STAT-" Wrote:Yeah Sanders by far.

I concur
Yea def. sanders...
what about dan marino ....
"evillive" Wrote:what about dan marino ....

Dan Marino appeared in a superbowl during his 2nd season. So that leaves him ineligible for this occassion. I do think he's the best player to have never won a superbowl though. But it's hard to top Barry as the best player to never even appear in one.
"Tomcat68" Wrote:Dan Marino appeared in a superbowl during his 2nd season. So that leaves him ineligible for this occassion. I do think he's the best player to have never won a superbowl though. But it's hard to top Barry as the best player to never even appear in one.

my bad i read the thread wrong ... i thought it had to do with winning a superbowl ....

barry sanders then
barry sanders fo sho
Sanders gets my vote, he's running away with it :bow:
Dan Marrino
Barry Sanders....
Marino has been to a super bowl...he just didnt win.

Barry Sanders
Earl Campbell. The original Bus.:letspartyOr maybe even the bulldozer.
sanders
Barry Sanders
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:They had a very good offense with Herman Moore and Barry Sanders and a good QB in Scott Mitchell, but the def. just was horrible and the o-line would never give Scott time to help Barry out!

The line never helped Barry out either, and he still made unbelievable plays, that's why it was so amazing to watch him
Barry Sanders was the most exciting player that i had ever seen. To do the things he did, with an offensive line that George Bush could have started for, Is just simply amazing. Put him on the Dallas Cowboys of his day, and he would have AVERAGED 2000 yards a season as a pro.
sanders