Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Boys' All Stars 81 Floyd County Boys' All Stars 78 OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Shelby Valley.

For Pike County:

Andrew Newsome 37 points, 15 rebounds
Dalton Richardson 17 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
Austin Hylton 10 points, 9 rebounds
Michael Fields 8 points, 2 assists, 2 steals
Dalton Maldonado 5 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds
Chandler Rowe 2 points, 5 assists
Hunter Swindall 2 points, 2 rebounds
Corey Hamilton, Zach Huffman, and Zach Tackett played but didn't score.

For Floyd County:

Peyton Case 20 points
Mason Nelson 15 points
Jarred Jarrell 14 points
Braxton Tibbs 10 points
Dalton Frasure 9 points
Andrew Tackett 4 points
B.J. Holliday 2 points
James Frasure 2 points
Matt Kidd 2 points
Great game tonight. Both teams played hard. Floyd led by 12 at the half but Pike battled back to win in OT. Newsome was a man among boys in the paint. Both coaches played entire team until it was time to win.The intensity was great for an all star game. Hope this becomes an annual event.
Congrats to Pike County on pulling off the 2-game sweep. Sounds like this was a whale of a game tonight, hopefully it will continue in the future.

Also, sounds like the present and future Shelby Valley contingent played well. Newsome was high scorer both games, and Richardson also played two strong games. In addition, Maldonado, Rowe, and Hamilton, as well as Huffman from Dorton, all played well in the first game. Looking forward to seeing all those guys playing together the next few years!
Where was lako daniels and blake rose at???
tebow Wrote:Where was lako daniels and blake rose at???

Rose played, but I think Daniels was injured in Monday's game and wasn't able to play.
Let's go Michael Fields. I remember the kid as a 5th grader, running around with a ton of energy.
8 of the 10 man Pike roster will be attending Shelby Valley.
That is a very misleading statement new o.
Rowe,Richardson,Newsome,Maldanado,Hamilton,Tackett,Huffman and Swindall are all Shelby Valley kids. That makes 8. There may be a kid or 2 leave before high school but 8 of the 10 are SV kids. Now how is this mesleading?
How many boys from other schools were asked to play but couldn't because no consideration was given to the ones who were playing baseball?
3 from Feds Creek,1 from Mullins,1 from Johns creek and 1 from Dorton were asked but chose not to play. They did not have baseball games on either date. The games ran into baseball due to late scheduling. Basketball all star games are played after the season(Mcdonalds,Derby Classic,Jordan Brand..etc......).Sometimes a kid has to make a decision.There still would have been 7 from the SV area even if the other kids had said yes.
Your info is incorrect on dates of baseball games. I wonder if the dates would have been different if the virgie boys played baseball.
The dates were set up by the Pike County BOE not me. The Virgie boys would have picked basketball so it is irrelevant, just like the Elkhorn and Dorton boys did.