Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: We paid for Richie to go to the Sweet 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:FRANKFORT, Ky. — State Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer billed taxpayers for a four-night stay in a $359 hotel suite during the Boys Sweet 16 basketball tournament in Lexington last month.

Department of Agriculture records, obtained by The Courier-Journal under the state open-records law, show taxpayers paid $1,436 for the suite at the Hilton Lexington Downtown.

Farmer, a basketball player in high school and at the University of Kentucky who starred in the Sweet 16, also billed the state for $40 for valet parking, $100.52 in room taxes and $120 in meals from March 16-20 — bringing the total tab to $1,696.52.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...1304220094
We are paying Obama to go all over the world to screw our stuff up and I don't see any anger from the left.

Oh yeah, it's because he stands for free sh$t.

Please, we are $15 trillion in debt and you are mad because Richie went to the state tournament?

Small mind or full of crap? Probably both, but everyone can make up their own mind.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Go ahead and criticize Obama for wasting money, but don't let Farmer off the hook just because the amount is smaller. It's still wrong no matter if it was $2 thousand or $2 million.

This kind of crap from politicians should be eliminated everywhere, from the lowliest state representative all the way to the highest office in the land. If I have to pay my way to go on trips, why can't they?
More Cowbell Wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right. Go ahead and criticize Obama for wasting money, but don't let Farmer off the hook just because the amount is smaller. It's still wrong no matter if it was $2 thousand or $2 million.

This kind of crap from politicians should be eliminated everywhere, from the lowliest state representative all the way to the highest office in the land. If I have to pay my way to go on trips, why can't they?
I have to agree. I am far more concerned with the fact that Kentucky has one of the most corrupt state governments in the country, where legislators routinely enact legislation from which they directly benefit financially - but no Kentuckian but Richie Farmer should be paying for Richie Farmer's vacation to the Sweet Sixteen.

Even if Farmer had to perform some official duties while at the tournament, a $359/night hotel suite and valet parking in Kentucky is not the type of accommodations for which taxpayers should be footing the bill.
jetpilot Wrote:We are paying Obama to go all over the world to screw our stuff up and I don't see any anger from the left.

Please, we are $15 trillion in debt and you are mad because Richie went to the state tournament?

Small mind or full of crap? Probably both, but everyone can make up their own mind.
Do you have to take personal shots at every post of mine? Do you see me taking up for Obama? Do you see anything about Obama in the topic of this thread? The thread is about KY taxpayers paying for Richie to go to the state tournament, and staying in the finest hotel in Lexington. BTW, I just posted the article that popped up on my news feed. I made no comment on the article other than the thread title of, "We paid for Richie to go to the state tourney". I thought it was interesting to post since we on this board, are KY taxpayers.
More Cowbell Wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right. Go ahead and criticize Obama for wasting money, but don't let Farmer off the hook just because the amount is smaller. It's still wrong no matter if it was $2 thousand or $2 million.

That was my point More Cowbell, but JP can't post without personal insults, and bringing Obama into every thread.

Good post. However, will the nations people ever rise up to take control of their leaders? Instead, we get ti uneducated, ill-informed, or downright freeloaders that hoot and holler after their President has been elected in euphoria yelling and screaming that Obama is going to pay for her house.... We let this crap happen, so we are all just as guilty for not demanding answers and results.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P36x8rTb3jI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P36x8rTb3jI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Yes, of course Richie should have paid for his room at the state tournament. We all know that. And Richie will pay dearly at the polls.
My problem is our government wastes zillions of dollars daily, yet I don't see any rage from the left, and somehow the Lexington Herald doesn't see fit to print any of it unless it's a Republican going to the state tournament lol...

All I'm saying is call it both ways. Richie should reimburse those expenditures immediately but unfortunately it probably won't dawn on him to do so...
jetpilot Wrote:We are paying Obama to go all over the world to screw our stuff up and I don't see any anger from the left.

Obama don't know if he's coming or going. He sure in the heck don't know what he's doing or how to do it
jetpilot Wrote:Yes, of course Richie should have paid for his room at the state tournament. We all know that. And Richie will pay dearly at the polls.
My problem is our government wastes zillions of dollars daily, yet I don't see any rage from the left, and somehow the Lexington Herald doesn't see fit to print any of it unless it's a Republican going to the state tournament lol...

All I'm saying is call it both ways. Richie should reimburse those expenditures immediately but unfortunately it probably won't dawn on him to do so...
You are absolutely right about the Lexington Herald-Leader - they will gladly sit on major stories that might hurt a Democrat's chances to win an election. The last time I subscribed to that rag was during the George H. W. Walker - Michael Dukakis presidential campaign. I canceled my subscription near the end of that campaign because the H-L decided that I did not need to read anything negative about the horrible job that the Democratic candidate had done as Massachusetts' governor.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have to agree. I am far more concerned with the fact that Kentucky has one of the most corrupt state governments in the country, where legislators routinely enact legislation from which they directly benefit financially - but no Kentuckian but Richie Farmer should be paying for Richie Farmer's vacation to the Sweet Sixteen.

Even if Farmer had to perform some official duties while at the tournament, a $359/night hotel suite and valet parking in Kentucky is not the type of accommodations for which taxpayers should be footing the bill.
I agree. I foot my own bill and he should as well.
Not to mention that Farmer lives in Frankfort. Is it asking to much to ask him to drive the 25-30 miles to the games, and just stay at his own home?
This is the kind of conduct the really upsets me with our politicians. Whether it be state or federal, democrat or republican a big percentage of them are not in it for the right reasons and you see this conduct happen all the time. Farmer can drop a $1700 bill on us as tax payers yet our state workers are having to take furlough days throughout the year. Then our state government talks about the deficit, the need to raise taxes and cut budgets. An you know Farmer is not the only one and I am sure $1700 is a small drop in the bucket. And I agree JP, Obama and others are just as guilty.
Remember Obama's date night in NYC?
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2320532/posts
jetpilot Wrote:Remember Obama's date night in NYC?

SO if obama does it then its ok for him? Thats cool.
Would think with taxpayer dollars footing most of Richie's fun time he would have had a
little extra to give to his wife.
jetpilot Wrote:Remember Obama's date night in NYC?

And if you think that is waste, wonder what it cost us for Obama to return "home" in Hawaii to vacation and play golf.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:SO if obama does it then its ok for him? Thats cool.
I think his point is that Obama supporters were tight lipped over Obama's night in NYC but ready to chime the bells over Richie going to the state tourney.
Does it matter that
1. The Department of Agriculture’s Kentucky Proud program sponsors the tournament.
2. Famer has something to do with that department
3. He moves his office from Frankfort to Lexington during the tournament

I don't think it's a big deal

I am more concerned with the State of Kentucky and its lose of its triple A ranking... the U.S still has theirs.

Richie Farmer is a Joke but so is our government in this state. We were ranked worse than California, because of the corruption here. I don't see any anger from the right on those two points, except for what Phil Moffett points out. I would strongly look at him for govenor from the right. Also, quick question how much in debt is our state in?
tvtimeout Wrote:I am more concerned with the State of Kentucky and its lose of its triple A ranking... the U.S still has theirs.

Richie Farmer is a Joke but so is our government in this state. We were ranked worse than California, because of the corruption here. I don't see any anger from the right on those two points, except for what Phil Moffett points out. I would strongly look at him for govenor from the right. Also, quick question how much in debt is our state in?

There's plenty of anger from the right. You are aware that Kentucky has pretty much been run by Democrats forever aren't you?
Really a bad time for this to come out on Mr. Farmer so close to the election.
jetpilot Wrote:There's plenty of anger from the right. You are aware that Kentucky has pretty much been run by Democrats forever aren't you?

I am!

I also remember that Fletcher was not that good for Kentucky either.... department of transportation issues... Humana (which he now works for) and that deal.

Senator Williams has an affair, marries the woman, appoints woman to judge in cumberland co, gave himself pay raise after pay raise.

Richie Farmer believes in NOT giving himself a furlow days, even though the rest of the state pretty much had to.

Are these the conservative values that these two guys claim to up hold?:flush::HitWall:

Again, a disclaimer I am for Phil Moffett:Cheerlead
tvtimeout Wrote:I am!

I also remember that Fletcher was not that good for Kentucky either.... department of transportation issues... Humana (which he now works for) and that deal.

Senator Williams has an affair, marries the woman, appoints woman to judge in cumberland co, gave himself pay raise after pay raise.

Richie Farmer believes in NOT giving himself a furlow days, even though the rest of the state pretty much had to.

Are these the conservative values that these two guys claim to up hold?:flush::HitWall:

Anyone with any sense at all would believe in not giving himself furlough days...Wouldn't they? Furlough days under this bloated admin is about posturing, not saving money. Richie knows it's a hoax and is the smartest one in the crowd. That bunch of idiots are hiring employees and then telling them to take furlough days before they get their first paycheck. What a joke.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Anyone with any sense at all would believe in not giving himself furlough days...Wouldn't they? Furlough days under this bloated admin is about posturing, not saving money. Richie knows it's a hoax and is the smartest one in the crowd. That bunch of idiots are hiring employees and then telling them to take furlough days before they get their first paycheck. What a joke.
I've thought you were pretty much an ignorant person, you proved me right with this post.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've thought you were pretty much an ignorant person, you proved me right with this post.

I thought you were on the record of being against personal attacks?
tvtimeout Wrote:I am!

Again, the state is the most corrupt on earth and run by Dems for pretty much its history, and this is what you come up with? Really? And you are bringing this up to promote Moffett?

Sorry, but you are only helping the Dems.

It's sad, Dems have made Ky a very corrupt state, and the Republicans stumble around shooting themselves in the foot and let it continue. Williams, Farmer and Moffett will all get slaughtered and end up looking like the bad guys in the process.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Anyone with any sense at all would believe in not giving himself furlough days...Wouldn't they? Furlough days under this bloated admin is about posturing, not saving money. Richie knows it's a hoax and is the smartest one in the crowd. That bunch of idiots are hiring employees and then telling them to take furlough days before they get their first paycheck. What a joke.

Sorry, but I had a family member working for the state over 20 years now and he was forced to take furlough. I know that you think one or two days without pay is probably a good thing, but it does stretch a budget thin.

My question is why did my family member ( a state employee) take a furlough day but Richie did not? That my friend is not wrong but is a joke in my mind. My family member had to make budget cut decisions, granted small ones, but none the less he did but Richie (a state employee) did not... leading by example... I agree what a joke!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Again, the state is the most corrupt on earth and run by Dems for pretty much its history, and this is what you come up with? Really? And you are bringing this up to promote Moffett?

Sorry, but you are only helping the Dems.

It's sad, Dems have made Ky a very corrupt state, and the Republicans stumble around shooting themselves in the foot and let it continue. Williams, Farmer and Moffett will all get slaughtered and end up looking like the bad guys in the process.

Really, I showed you corruption brought on by the Fletcher Admin. No response... Really? I point out the Williams/Farmer IS part of that Corrupt Government, no response..it is the dems fault... one word Brilliant!

I do support Moffett because of the reasons you have pointed out, but hey if you like the same old, same old, enjoy supporting Williams, then in four don't complain when things are exactly the same but with higher health premiums, worse education, higher unemployment, and a tax code that makes no sense at all.

Really?
jetpilot Wrote:I thought you were on the record of being against personal attacks?
You do know being ignorant means uninformed, not stupid, right? There is no personal attack in my statement.
Pages: 1 2