Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Mr. Baseball watch...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the top Hitters and Pitchers from around the State that could be nominated for this award?
We had a thread on this somewhere and it was a landslide for Chandler Shepherd, however that thread seems to have disappeared. I can't find it anywhere to link here.
I do remember his name having been mentioned quite a bit....Is he a Pitcher only or also a position player too? Does anyone have his hitting/pitching stats?
tyler kestner johnson central one of the best pitchers in the 15th. with a 480 batting. pitch and center field....
Jackson Lauman- Boone County, not only his stats, but his commitment to UC and he will be drafted this year.
curve ball Wrote:tyler kestner johnson central one of the best pitchers in the 15th. with a 480 batting. pitch and center field....
:HitWall:
Shepherd-Lawrence County
Laumen- Boone County
Matt Spalding- St. X
What position does Laumen play for Boone County...any up to date stats?
^ First Base and Pitcher.
I think Matt Spalding will win it, but I think St. X has to make a good run in the post season for that to happen, and St. X has a history of choking in the post season. This being their coaches last year though, they may make a run and could possibly win the state championship? They defnetely have the pitching staff to do so. The quite possibly have the best pitching staff in the state of kentucky. Whoever comes out of their region has to be the favorite going into the state tournament!!
3 no hitters, undefeted on the mound, and batting over or right around .500 sound like mister baseball for shepherd.
LAsweetness Wrote:3 no hitters, undefeted on the mound, and batting over or right around .500 sound like mister baseball for shepherd.

Well that's all fine and good and I truly hope you are correct, but unfortunately the people who vote on Mr. Baseball take into consideration the geographical location of teams and the competition they face on a daily basis. St. X does play great competition almost every game and that is going to be a factor in the vote. What will also be a factor is how far each player takes their team. If LC goes to state finals, then he'll probably have a better shot, but if not and St. X makes a small run in the state, it'll probably go to Spalding. Spalding's offensive numbers will be impressive as well as Shepherds. Their pitching Stats are going to be similar as well. That's why I personally don't think stats will matter? It's going to be competition, how many people see them, and how far their team goes? Also, St. X being rated #1 right now really helps Spalding's case,, and unless they really go down from here they will most likely be #1 or #2 for the rest of the season?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well that's all fine and good and I truly hope you are correct, but unfortunately the people who vote on Mr. Baseball take into consideration the geographical location of teams and the competition they face on a daily basis. St. X does play great competition almost every game and that is going to be a factor in the vote. What will also be a factor is how far each player takes their team. If LC goes to state finals, then he'll probably have a better shot, but if not and St. X makes a small run in the state, it'll probably go to Spalding. Spalding's offensive numbers will be impressive as well as Shepherds. Their pitching Stats are going to be similar as well. That's why I personally don't think stats will matter? It's going to be competition, how many people see them, and how far their team goes? Also, St. X being rated #1 right now really helps Spalding's case,, and unless they really go down from here they will most likely be #1 or #2 for the rest of the season?

What about the strength of the competition that each will play? It's the reason I give Boone's Lauman the nod. They are traveleing throughout the state and play the top teams from the state. St. X has a big game every game.
Stardust Wrote:What about the strength of the competition that each will play? It's the reason I give Boone's Lauman the nod. They are traveleing throughout the state and play the top teams from the state. St. X has a big game every game.

JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well that's all fine and good and I truly hope you are correct, but unfortunately the people who vote on Mr. Baseball take into consideration the geographical location of teams and the competition they face on a daily basis. St. X does play great competition almost every game and that is going to be a factor in the vote. What will also be a factor is how far each player takes their team. If LC goes to state finals, then he'll probably have a better shot, but if not and St. X makes a small run in the state, it'll probably go to Spalding. Spalding's offensive numbers will be impressive as well as Shepherds. Their pitching Stats are going to be similar as well. That's why I personally don't think stats will matter? It's going to be competition, how many people see them, and how far their team goes? Also, St. X being rated #1 right now really helps Spalding's case,, and unless they really go down from here they will most likely be #1 or #2 for the rest of the season?

That's what I mean when I say all those things in Bold? Lauman is a good player, but Boone doesn't play even close to the competition that St. X does. It's just factual. They 11 or 12 of their in-state opponents are ranked in the Top 25, all of their opponents from Indiana are in the Top 10 in their classes in the State, and I haven't even checked the teams they played in Spring Break yet? So that right there is 16 teams on their schedule that are Top 25 teams. That may be they best schedule in the state?
the spring break trip for st. x ....Madison 3rd in 3A, Thompson 6th in 6A and Cullman 1st in 5A, in Alabama. they were 2-2 (losing both to madison academy)in those games. st X will see the best pitchers on every team they play which forces them to bring their best every game. if his stats are where they should be at the end of the season he should win it. as for Shepherd, great pitcher & fine hitter but there is a difference in competition level. (but I'm pulling for Shep)
Shepard is the favorite.
southbound Wrote:the spring break trip for st. x ....Madison 3rd in 3A, Thompson 6th in 6A and Cullman 1st in 5A, in Alabama. they were 2-2 (losing both to madison academy)in those games. st X will see the best pitchers on every team they play which forces them to bring their best every game. if his stats are where they should be at the end of the season he should win it. as for Shepherd, great pitcher & fine hitter but there is a difference in competition level. (but I'm pulling for Shep)

Thank You? I am so glad somebody else gets what i've been saying? Makes me think, atleast for now, that i'm not crazy, haha! You are right though, and I am pulling for Shep myself, and if LC gets hot at the right time and makes a run then he may get the nod, but I really would be surprised if he does get it?
What about Fucci from Tates Creek?
dylan creech wolfe co
14thregionrules Wrote:dylan creech wolfe co

HAHAHA!!! Mr. Baseball of Campton maybe?:lmao:
Chandler Shepherd from Lawrence County would be my pick.
Be nice if the award could go to underclassmen. Bath County's Cable Wright is the top player in the 16th Region right now. He is batting .648 and is undefeated on the mound. He consecutively reached base safely 25 times. Also had a 17 hit streak. He is the most explosive player I watched my sons team play. Although, the feature article about him in the Herald last week sums him up better.
Has Chandler Shepherd committed and or signed with UK
14thregionrules Wrote:dylan creech wolfe co

He's a sophomore.
It's hard to believe only a couple HS seniors are being touted for this award on this website. I thought there would be many replies from several parts of the state of who might be the top senior hitters and pitchers from that area of the state.

Who votes for this award? Coaches or a specific panel?
We do not get many Central or WKY posters during baseball season, thus it's primarily EKY that will weigh in. That's fair enough, but this years award will certainly be more widely voted on than in one area of the State.

The Baseball coaches association is who votes, and since the bulk of the teams are in CKY, you can bet that the award will be more favored to that area.
John L Saylor from Rockcastle County has to be in the mix. he has 13 Homeruns in 16 games.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:John L Saylor from Rockcastle County has to be in the mix. he has 13 Homeruns in 16 games.

Impressive!
LClion4life Wrote:He's a sophomore.

It was a joke
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Has Chandler Shepherd committed and or signed with UK

He signed his letter of intent back in November